what photography related item did you buy this week?

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
One of those things I just couldn't pass up. Four Argus A model variations. I have an A2B already, I'll keep the best one and sell the other. These along with my AA give me all but one of the original series Bakelite bodied Argus.

Argu As.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Armoured

Mu-43 Regular
One of those things I just couldn't pass up. Four Argus A model variations. I have an A2B already, I'll keep the best one and sell the other. These along with my AA give me all but one of the original series Bakelite bodied Argus.

I didn't know Argus made an autofocus model.

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
I received a job lot of photographic accessories this week. About 80 items in all so I won't list it all.
Unfortunately the mechanical timer release I spotted in the listing doesn't seem to work, but there was also a hot shoe mounted viewfinder, various diopters & a clip on filter holder that more than make up for this. No doubt some of the many stepping rings will prove useful as well.

The only examples of the viewfinder I could find sold for more on e-bay than I paid for the entire collection, so I feel I've got my moneys worth :)

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
After-market BLH-1 and car/AC charger.

New 'BLH-1' displays percentage.

After-market BLS-5 (x2) and car/AC charger.

All batteries have T terminal.

Chargers have interchangeable battery plates, so can use 1 charger for both cameras. Will have to check the car charger for my E-M1 MkI which I bought about 4 years ago.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
This just arrived.
I've always secretly wanted one and couldn't resist this bargain.
And the nice man who sold it to me secretly included three rolls of (only just) expired films.
Trip 35 02.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Veteran
I helped a coworker looking for a way to secure a smartphone for photography. He ordered the Decade base off Amazon.
I've used it for decades!

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
This just arrived.
And the nice man who sold it to me secretly included three rolls of (only just) expired films.
View attachment 877217
Expired film is fun. I have about 8 rolls in the freezer so they don't continue to degrade. They'll end up in one of my basic Argus for some Lomography.

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Picked up the Oly 8 bc lens here, and a pentax 135/3.5 via auction. It's almost a pancake prime at that fl :D something like these optics in a 35-100 type retractable housing sure would be popular, I'd expect.

Edit/ps - won a silver 35-100 slowpoke too!

Last edited:

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
This just arrived.
View attachment 877217

Fun fact: People whine about four year product cycles. This camera was in production for 20 years! Says a lot about modern attitudes to stuff.

Phil.H

Mu-43 All-Pro
I ordered a photo book from https://www.saal-digital.co.uk/ last Friday and it arrived yesterday. I'm very happy with the quality of the book, not too happy with some of my edits, I don't have a calibrated laptop so I have to guesstimate colours and brightness. I'm working on my 2019 book atm so at least I have a better idea now how to tweak them for print.
IMG_2761.JPG IMG_2762.JPG IMG_2763.JPG IMG_2765.JPG

Last edited:
Real Name
Phill
Brightness is very crucial, for example just recently I ordered a digital painting to be printed on canvas. The artist already sent me two versions of his artwork, one for web purposes and one for printing, with the one for printing being brighter than the original variant. She told me beforehand prints, especially on canvas, come out darker than what most people see on their screens. When the printing arrived, I could see why.
The print was also done by Saal, I've printed quite some pictures with them and am happy with the results, but brightness is a critical subject which shouldn't be underestimated. Better brighten the files up a bit.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
I ordered a photo book from https://www.saal-digital.co.uk/ last Friday and it arrived yesterday. I'm very with the quality of the book, not too happy with some of my edits, I don't have a calibrated laptop so I have to guesstimate colours and brightness. I'm working on my 2019 book atm so at least I have a better idea now how to tweak them for print.
View attachment 877330 View attachment 877331 View attachment 877332 View attachment 877333

Pleased - chuffed - disappointed - excited - indifferent? ;)

Stringer

Mu-43 Regular
Bought another field monitor the first one was 1000 nits. struggled to see with it in bright sunlight. So now have added 2200 nits one Feelworld Lut7. Hopefully it with be better.
Also a Small Rig field monitor holder mount and a RM-CB2 release cable.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom