what photography related item did you buy this week?

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
I have a version of that button; it may not be exactly the right one, but it has a tendency to back itself out. I couldn't use the little tensioning O-rings and get it to thread in. Not a criticism of the button or your purchase; just thought it might be helpful for you to know.

hernan

Mu-43 Veteran
I have a version of that button; it may not be exactly the right one, but it has a tendency to back itself out. I couldn't use the little tensioning O-rings and get it to thread in. Not a criticism of the button or your purchase; just thought it might be helpful for you to know.
I had one red and one black and I lost both , this one has o-ring but is not usable with it ,so, I mounted it with a drop of glue :thumbsup:

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
EM1 with yellow blobs? Anyone know the cost of this repair?

When I got the infamous bum E-M1 shutter-speed dial quote, it runs about $250 on their online estimator which I assume is their flat-rate quote in USA. Aside, I ran it through the Olympus Repair UK site ( https://my.olympus-consumer.com/uk/p/repair-service ) and found it cheaper at £157.31 (or ~$220). How much extra they'll add on for parts is another matter if it isn't included, but I'd guess the quotes are their low end. Might be time to move up a notch if the erratic shutter-dial issue may be upcoming later to a now sensor replacement, imho.

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
EM1 with yellow blobs? Anyone know the cost of this repair?
Talk to your local service centre.

These are known issues, and will mostly be repaired under warranty, even if the company warranty has expired. Statutory warranty doesn't expire when the company 'warranty' expires.

Goods must be reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are sold. Manufacturing and design faults make them unfit.

orchard county

Mu-43 Regular
Talk to your local service centre.

These are known issues, and will mostly be repaired under warranty, even if the company warranty has expired. Statutory warranty doesn't expire when the company 'warranty' expires.

Goods must be reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are sold. Manufacturing and design faults make them unfit.
Hi,that’s interesting but im not the original owner so don’t know if that would apply,I have asked Olympus repair for a quote but I expect it will be more than I paid for the camera.
regards

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
Hi,that’s interesting but im not the original owner so don’t know if that would apply,I have asked Olympus repair for a quote but I expect it will be more than I paid for the camera.
regards
Pick up the phone and call them ...

You might well find that they are far more receptive to personal contact!

In Australia, when a fellow forumer from the USA, but actually visiting New Zealand, had problems, I rang Olympus Australia, who gave me the correct number for service in NZ, which I passed on.

These people can often be very helpful - WHEN YOU TELEPHONE THEM! :whistling: :flowers_2::drinks:

Real Name
Brian
Got a mint copy of this book:

P3031838.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kanakanatwo

Mu-43 Rookie
IMG_20210304_163536.jpg IMG_20210304_164138.jpg

Local shop was having a clearance sale, managed to snag a commlite EF-M43 adapter (no AF control but with exposure/aperture control), and a box set of those lomography 'experimental' lenses. The plastic lenses I got for $7 - I remember these used to go for $89 when they were first released! (Which isn't expensive to begin with, but still...)

Real Name
Walter
Went to JoAnn's Fabric and art store and bought some 1" nylon strap and parachute buckles and sliders to make a strap for a car seat. Had an accident where I had to slam on brakes and camera and lens flew off car seat and took a hit on the floorboard. Decided I better tie the thing down a bit better.

I have the RRS L-plates on all my gear and they have that quick-disconnect hole for the standard military-style MagPul QD push-button connector. Kirk is also doing the same QD for some of their plates too and they use a harder stainless-steel hole cap for the QD than RRS which is in the softer aluminum plate.

Shown below it's plugged into the RRS L-plate upright on my E-M1X. Strap connects around the seat back and gives me maybe a couple of inches to snap the thing into the L-plate to keep the thing on the seat and not flying about in the car. Normally a Pen-F and 12-100mm is hooked to it, but the upright L-plate on the E-M1X shows the hook-up better and the Pen-F QD hole is on the underside.
View attachment 875641

Good idea. I bought some 1" webbing and buckles and QR clips from Amazon a while ago. I use OpTech clips, but it'd be easy to rig one up for this purpose. Actually, not using QR clips to tie your equipment down might be worth considering to mitigate theft like the smash and grab thieves who took a gear bag out of a car being driven on a street in San Francisco a little while ago.

Bought my second Pana 14mm.
I sold the first thinking I would get the PL15mm and then figured I really liked the 14mm [size, weight, IQ and price] and that would suit me fine!
Also got a square, screw-in hood which looks groovy and a change from the old vented Leica-style version.

hood.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Generationfourth

Mu-43 Veteran
OPTECH soft pouch for my G9 + 12-35 mounted. Got the "D-Midsize" size... hopefully it fits. I have camera bags/slings but I find that I hate using them and much prefer tossing camera/lenses in all my non camera bags for whatever reason.

Terminating both the Nex and Gx1 experiments, swapping all for an EX GX7 in black.
As I often say: I feel much better now.

defiantly headed in the right direction, Jim!
I do a fair bit of 'experimenting' myself :blush:
From what I hear the GX7 is still much loved.
I did try a GX8...fantastic EVF...and..and..that's about it.
I think I've settled on a [much maligned] Gx85...for the foreseeable future anyway!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom