what photography related item did you buy this week?

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
Left m43 and photography over 6 years ago, not because I had anything against m43 (quite the opposite actually) but life kind of got in the way. Recently decided to pick up a used E-PL2 for under $30 online. Currently (and excitedly) watching the tracking number update slowly.

Have been shopping for used lenses as well - there's so much more used inventory on the market from people offloading there m43 kit in search of greener pastures. Such a different arena from back when I first bought my original E-M5. It felt like I was the only one in my town who had an m43 camera.
:Welcome: to this lovely forum.

scb

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Steve
So, when I purchased the Oly 40-150 mm Pro lens, I sold off my Oly 40-150mm f/4-5.6 lens. I love the 40-150mm Pro lens for my wildlife/nature hikes, but there are times when you don't want a heavier bag. So, for that reason, I just purchased a "like new" used 40-150 f/4-5.6 lens! It's such a gem for a budget lens.

For the fourth time after selling one, I have bought another used Olympus E-M1 mark I. :biggrin:
Without any dial issues this time.
Despite its issues, I keep coming back to this affordable and compact workhorse of a camera.

It will be a webcam, as I am still stuck to work from home for the coming months.
The main reason for choosing it over my newer E-M1 mark ii is that using Olympus Webcam sips a lot of battery and external power supply options are much more affordable and available for the mark i.

cpt000

Mu-43 Regular
MS 55.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mint! And that focusing ring...ooooohhhh

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
Hey John. I grabbed FastStone - it can edit and convert both the old NEF raws as well as the old ORF raws from my E-500 which DxO can’t do either. However it handles the NEFs very poorly, so I’m thinking I’ll stick with jpg on the Nikon (although I’ve got a few more things to try). It does however handle the ORF files nicely. I’ll shoot jpg plus raw on the E-500. Thanks for the suggestion.
Chris, I downloaded some D1x RAW files from you-know-who, and Bridge and Photoshop CC both work properly with the files. I haven't tried CS6 or CS5 with them yet.

Mountain_Man_79

Do all the interns get Glocks?
Real Name
Chris
Chris, I downloaded some D1x RAW files from you-know-who, and Bridge and Photoshop CC both work properly with the files. I haven't tried CS6 or CS5 with them yet.
Well imagine this, but the free Nikon software link you pointed me towards works like a charm on the files. No need for me to surrender to Adobe yet.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Waiting on UPS to deliver a 12-100. Last time they delivered to the wrong house...it was interesting, to say the least. This time the delivery info requests a signature, we will see how that works out.
Wow. You mean they actually get round to delivering? UPS have been sitting on my international parcels for up to 14 days and sending them back to me. According to the driver, it's because they can't cope with the volume.

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
Well imagine this, but the free Nikon software link you pointed me towards works like a charm on the files. No need for me to surrender to Adobe yet.
Great to hear, mate.

Just checked. CS5 and ACR 6.7 will also open the Nikon D1x RAW files.

Some early versions of Photoshop are now downloadable from Adobe for free.
If these support your camera, they are still extremely powerful editing tools. Check the Adobe web site.

kanakanatwo

New to Mu-43

So my $30 E-PL2 came in yesterday. It works fine, mechanically, and surprisingly isn't in too bad a shape cosmetically, all things considered. The only thing is that the front grip is missing (have seen this issue in more than a few 2nd-hand E-PL2 units when I was window shopping).

Before I try my hand at DIYing a grip for myself, does anyone know where one might find a third-party replacement? I've tried eBay, Amazon, AliEx, Etsy, Shopee... No luck. I know it's an old camera but I find it a bit strange that I literally can't find anything online...

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
A PixaPro light stand with stud from Essential
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Photo.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom