what photography related item did you buy this week?

WT21

Super Moderator
I would not use USPS right now. I was sent a check by express mail. It's lost somewhere. My daughters college books failed to arrive on time. I got a letter a few days ago with an RSVP in December. I don't know what's going on, but USPS is broken right now.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
I would not use USPS right now. I was sent a check by express mail. It's lost somewhere. My daughters college books failed to arrive on time. I got a letter a few days ago with an RSVP in December. I don't know what's going on, but USPS is broken right now.
What's going on is the new boss of the USPS was told to get costs in line and he's cut OT. The result is the blue flu.

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
I bought and received a Sony AF 20mm f1.8 G lens for my FF system, $795 with 2 day delivery and tax by dealer, and will sell the Tamron 17-28 f2.8 zoom. This lens has been out for about 8 months and all reviews say it is sharp as all heck, even in the corners, relatively lightweight and about the size/weight of one of the Olympus Pro f1.2 lenses, it takes the same 67mm filter as 3 of my others Sony/Zeiss lenses. This is lens that I wish was made by Olympus/OMD Solutions for M4/3 (10mm for M4/3). Don't know why Olympus never made a sharp 10mm semi fast rectilinear lens, as many have asked for it.

Last edited:

Gromit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Whilst I quite liked the Nokton 35-1.4, I was never really happy with it. It wide-open 'glow' was really just plain darn soft, and didn't really start to sing until f4. Picked up this tiny Ultron 35 as a replacement - a lens which is causing a bit of stir in rangefinder circles...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ChuckG

New to Mu-43
I picked up an extra battery for my Panasonic G85 this week. Saving up to buy the Panasonic 100-300.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Whilst I quite liked the Nokton 35-1.4, I was never really happy with it. It wide-open 'glow' was really just plain darn soft, and didn't really start to sing until f4. Picked up this tiny Ultron 35 as a replacement - a lens which is causing a bit of stir in rangefinder circles...

View attachment 869832View attachment 869833
Man, that M240 is a pretty camera... Interested to see some more samples of this lens and how much it compares to the Skopar 35 2.5, which is what I'm shooting with. Probably sharper, but I can hardly find anything wrong with the Skopar.

Gromit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Man, that M240 is a pretty camera... Interested to see some more samples of this lens and how much it compares to the Skopar 35 2.5, which is what I'm shooting with. Probably sharper, but I can hardly find anything wrong with the Skopar.
Nice choice re the Skopar - I've never used one, but have it on good authority (Matt Osborne being one) that it's a bit special. I'm tempted by the 21 f4 - not only does it appear to perform well, it's not expensive and it's utterly beautiful - and tiny.

Just off for a photo-walk down to our local woods in the morning sunshine with the 240 and Ultron. I'll post up in 'FF' thread the results. :)

AlexMachine

Mu-43 Veteran
2 eyecups for my EM5 mkII. Worst design ever. The fall off all the time. I think I have lost 2 or 3 all ready. Usually when I take camara off the bag.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom