what photography related item did you buy this week?

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
7artisans 35mm f1.2 lens.

View attachment 868395
If that combo doesn't scream Leica...

I'm afraid the PL12-60 I bought off a member here has fallen into a bottomless pit nicknamed the "USPS Distribution Center in Newark, NJ."
I had a Canon 28/3.5 spend an untold time in that bottomless pit. Total travel time from origin in NJ to delivery in NC: 23 days. Showed up on New Year's Eve without further update from USPS for 20 of those 23. To be fair, the Postal Service has been hamstrung by staffing and equipment decisions, compounded by COVID and by even higher than normal holiday mailing volumes. I have noticed an improvement in times in the last few days. It'll get to you. You could start an inquiry, but they'll just tell you they don't know where it is.
---

Oh! What did I buy today? Well, last week, but 10 hot shoe covers for $5. It's a manifestation of my OCD, but if I get a used camera that doesn't have one, it makes me twitch until I get those contacts covered up. Same thing with other terminal covers. I had an E-1 that was missing ...more than one cover... hadda put it in a closet until the replacement pieces came in.

But I remove stickers as soon as I bring anything home.

mcgillro

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Today I bought a Tenba ten litre day pack - it fits my M5 Mk2 with 12 - 40 f/2.8 attached, the PL 100-300 fits alongside and I could fit another smaller lens if I wished. what I really like is the large space for wallet, a sandwich etc, spots for cards pens a notebook, and side pockets for drink tripod etc. Seems perfect!

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Speaking of GAS....

I just picked up a Maxxum 28-135 "Secret Handshake" lens which was supposedly a thank you to their customers. (it wasn't, but legends die slowly) for about 2/3 the going price. These are highly rated lenses, on a scale of 5 they're rated 4.6 for sharpness and 4.8 for color. Like most older lenses they suffer from flare control, but that's easy to work around if you're aware. It will join the other Maxxum zooms I've been acquiring, the 35-105, the venerated 70-210 Beercan, the 100-200, and the 75-300. These were purchased for $217 total. The most expensive is the 28-135 for $97, shipped. The least expensive was the 75-300 for $14.00.

The focal length on my film cameras is very close to my beloved 12-60 on M-4/3.

Wait...I may have some overlap...

CD77

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Chris
It's a big beast but a bit shy?
Show us it in all its naked glory!
The M4/3 to 4/3 adapter came today, here it is stuck in the middle of my EM10ii riding bareback on the 50-200 SWD.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
I was just going to say cute! :whistling:

I believe there's a guy up north somewhere who sells old Sherman tanks.
Might be an idea to buy one to mount the lens on. :th_salute:

Last edited:
Mint condition GX85

Not long ago I was stating how happy I was to get a GX8.
I loved a lot of things about it....the EVF for example. [incredible]
However it was large....about the same size as my XT-2 and going smaller was one of my main aims with M43. The insanely placed display button drove me nuts. I have tried to love articulated screens but the flip out type is the only one that works for me and if the circumstances and light are right that is what I normally use.
The IBIS was a bit of a joke.....one reviewer rated it as a one stop advantage and I wouldn't argue with that.
The tilting EVF was cute but I found I was never using it.

So I figured the body for me was the GX85.....which I would probably have bought in the first place except for all the negative opinion about it's EVF.
I'm pleased to say the EVF doesn't bother me at all. It doesn't compare well with the GX8's but I find that it's fine.....and ironically, the 16:9 ratio which causes the blank space either side actually makes it easier to view the full scene in the EVF.

Things I'm really happy about include.....very good IBIS and even better Dual IS....and the ability to see this working with a half-shutter press, focus bracketing, and of course the flip out screen and the size.

I do miss a couple of extra Fn buttons but I have set up the Q menu to compensate.

All I need now is a PL15 and I'll sign up at GAS Anonymous!

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Mint condition GX85

Not long ago I was stating how happy I was to get a GX8.
I loved a lot of things about it....the EVF for example. [incredible]
However it was large....about the same size as my XT-2 and going smaller was one of my main aims with M43. The insanely placed display button drove me nuts. I have tried to love articulated screens but the flip out type is the only one that works for me and if the circumstances and light are right that is what I normally use.
The IBIS was a bit of a joke.....one reviewer rated it as a one stop advantage and I wouldn't argue with that.
The tilting EVF was cute but I found I was never using it.

So I figured the body for me was the GX85.....which I would probably have bought in the first place except for all the negative opinion about it's EVF.
I'm pleased to say the EVF doesn't bother me at all. It doesn't compare well with the GX8's but I find that it's fine.....and ironically, the 16:9 ratio which causes the blank space either side actually makes it easier to view the full scene in the EVF.

Things I'm really happy about include.....very good IBIS and even better Dual IS....and the ability to see this working with a half-shutter press, focus bracketing, and of course the flip out screen and the size.

I do miss a couple of extra Fn buttons but I have set up the Q menu to compensate.

All I need now is a PL15 and I'll sign up at GAS Anonymous!
The GX85 is still a killer cheap model. L Monochrome also might not be quite as nice as the "D" version that came after the GX85/G85, but it's still pretty nice. And standard color mode is really nice as well. You can do an awful lot with that camera.

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
I talked to my doctor about chronic GAS, and he said to try an antacid. I‘ve been buying and selling antacid ever since in an effort to find the best one. It doesn’t help that the antacid forums are overrun by Pepcid fanboys.
Oh no Randy, you've ruined my plans. :dash2:
I've had this idea for a few weeks now and thought I'd save it until the 1st April, hoping that April Fool's Day isn't restricted to the UK.

I may as well do it now though.

Photographers worldwide are suffering from this debilitating disease, Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
I have contacted GlaxoSmithKline, manufacturer of the well-known and best selling antacid drug Gaviscon to see if they could provide a cure. They have started looking into making an effective remedy and once research and testing has been carried out, they will most likely offer it for sale under the generic name..........

Gasigon! :dance4:

Oh well. :shakehead:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom