what photography related item did you buy this week?

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Got a new Kine Exakta II [Serial # 649735] [Wrotniak version *2.1].

This is the first version of the Kine Exakta II, manufactured in 1949, with serial numbers ranging between 647000 and 655000.

Total units manufactured of this version was only 6100.

This makes this model one of the rarest of the post WW II Exakta models.

Kine Exakta II-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The lens was a Tessar f:3.5/5 cm [Serial # 3048658] in good working order, with smooth aperture and stiff, but still very usable, focusing helicoid.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
As an avowed Luddite, I am way behind on most things. I just learned they make a Minolta/Sony A-mount to M-4/3 adaptor. Since these lenses have no aperture ring, the adaptor has one with a mechanical connection to the aperture. Who knew? I bought one, can't wait to see how it works.

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Lens ordered on 12-4-2020; arrived today, 12-8-2020.
FROM JAPAN!!!!
Nice!

I ordered a photo mousepad for someone for Christmas. It was printed in a neighboring community right here in SE Michigan. I love doing business locally!

It was then shipped from the local post office.

To New Jersey.

It's now in Ohio.

sigh....

Real Name
Roddy
Lens ordered on 12-4-2020; arrived today, 12-8-2020.
FROM JAPAN!!!!
I managed to track down the Panasonic DMW-EC3 Eyecup for Lumix GX8 eventually, and it arrived last week after a 3 week voyage from Japan. The package sent me two postcards during the trip, one from Capetown and another from Hawaii :)

In happier news the eyecup is JUST the job, as they say in down on the west country, and has improved my GX8 viewfinder experience 100%. Highly recommended if you have a GX8.

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thor Heyerdahl??
4 months for that lens, That’s bad...
No sign of my lens hood. 2 weeks and counting...

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
As an avowed Luddite, I am way behind on most things. I just learned they make a Minolta/Sony A-mount to M-4/3 adaptor. Since these lenses have no aperture ring, the adaptor has one with a mechanical connection to the aperture. Who knew? I bought one, can't wait to see how it works.
How much? Please report back when you get it! Pictures of hardware?

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
How much? Please report back when you get it! Pictures?
$20 U.S., Fotodiox. I have their K Mount and MD mount to M-4/3, they both work fine. I asked about them at the Dyxum forum. Sounds like they work well but since there are no detents or scale on the adapter, you have to sort out the aperture yourself. One guy had the suggestion to set it wide open then count the difference in ISO or shutter speeds as you stop down. Makes sense to me.

Amazon.com : Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter with Aperture Dial, Digital Sony Alpha, Minolta AF Lens to MFT Micro 4/3 Four Thirds System Camera Mount Adapter, for Olympus PEN E-PL1, E-PL1s, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-P2, E-P3, E-M, OM-D, E-M5, Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, G2, G3, G10, GX1, GH1, GH2, GF1, GF2, GF3, GF5, Panasonic AG-AF100 : Alpha To Pl Mount : Electronics

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom