what photography related item did you buy this week?

Machi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
^^^^^
That stinks. What's the plan?
I will see, I want to contact vendor about it.
Ideal would be exchanging bad one for good one.
If that will not be possible then withdrawal from the contract.
That's bad as I will probably end with money back but without camera as offer (cheap E-M1II + 12-40) is limited by the time and stock.
And from that one day when I've tested E-M1II, it's clear that this camera has great potential and I really like it.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Just ordered a Pentax 110 to m43 lens adapter from eBay. It may come before Xmas, but I doubt it. I have 3 lenses and a 1.7 X converter. Really looking forward to using the 70mm lens.

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro
Nothing too exciting. I upgraded my Photolab and NIK software, plus I've ordered a couple of SD cards, a 62mm 10 stop ND filter and a couple of bounce flash diffusers to experiment with.

Egregius V

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rev. Gregory Vozzo
Ah well, I really thought I had fixed my photo-editing workstation. Several problems did go away. But the storage system froze again, so back to Micro Center I went, early this morning. :oops: New motherboard, SSD, CPU (Ryzen 3700X), and 32GB RAM. Plus Windows 10 Pro so it feels more like a new computer. :D Plenty of stuff to figure out now.

I can't complain! Had to spend my day off putting a computer together, but it's going very smoothly - and I'm happy with the cost, too.

And then Olympus really made my day! (They deserve a shout-out for this.) They sent me an e-mail this afternoon about my 100-400mm lens preorder: It's shipping next week. There is a catch that I'd anticipated: the previous purchase authorization expired, so with a new purchase order I benefit from the current $100 sale but lose my August tax-free-weekend savings. The two cancel out, more or less. But when I called to make sure my rewards coupon was included, Olympus offered to credit the lost tax savings also! :dance:

Last edited:

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
Raynox DCR-250, it's all Pake's fault 😄
Haha, you too! :) Got mine the other day, great thing! Haven't tried it yet but it looks nice

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
...and to hang the Macro-stuff onto something I got this today, new tripod! (190CXPRO3), great tripod! Many options and quite light consider what you get. Coupled with a head I bought used yesterday. Gitzo G2271M, what amazing quality on this one, feels like it will survive a nuclear war.

50679624056_855ed37eea_b.jpg
Tripood Week - Manfrotto 190
by Daniel Cederberg, on Flickr

/edit: Also got a small tripod, Cullman Carvao 816TC, amazing! 500 gram.

Last edited:
Real Name
Rob
Some elves delivered a Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 fisheye this week. I took a good few pics to check it's a good'un (seems to be!), and a took few gratuitous "model" shots (below).
But then Santa came back home, and she has now hidden it until Christmas...
First World problems.

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
Since I managed to recover my photos I got hold of this one that was the most important buy of them all this week (this investing week, aka tripod week)

The Gitzo G2271M, what a fantastic piece of equipment this is! Have used it a little these days and are already in love. Top quality, and I mean, the highest top really. I bought a demo ex from local camera supplier, it has been through alot but still feels it will last generations to come. Have searched all through internet to find a good 3-way head without quick plate. This is the ONLY one I could find, except some Manfrotto junior 3D which looked quite ok but no handles on it o_O so... this it!
https://www.gitzo.com/hk-en/low-profile-head-series-2-g2271m/

Have used ball heads mostly lately, following the hype :) but it really isn't for me. With tripod I do mostly precision work, birding, macro, astro. You get very frustrated with a ball head for that! I don't understand how I have survived all these years without a good head (ehh, well I do, because I got my previous tripod with ball head for free! (when I bought an expensive lens it was some campaign where you got a tripod for free! Not bad, but.... now it was time for a change for serious macro work to come).

f6439424.jpg

Last edited:

Jeffcs

Mu-43 All-Pro
Christmas from me to me Olympus 100-400 stupid sharp lens straight from the camera OMDem1mk3 400mm 1000iso 200ss f6.3 handheld anyone want a used 300f4 lol

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
I ordered an E-M5 Mark III on Cyber Monday. It was delivered on Tuesday - I’m not deliberately making this sound like a Craig David song! (humorous for the Brits only perhaps) - It came with a free ECG-5 grip which I’m not that fussed about but also Olympus are running a promotion for a free 30mm/3.5 macro lens at the moment so I filled out the online form to claim that on Tuesday.

This morning I got a message from Royal Mail saying I should expect delivery today. I couldn’t think what it might be but with so much online shopping these days I didn’t pay too much notice. To my surprise it was the little macro lens :dance4: Quite the turnaround.

Let’s hope this is indicative of how quickly JIP are going to get that 8-25mm/4 lens produced 😉

Jeffcs

Mu-43 All-Pro
I ordered an E-M5 Mark III on Cyber Monday. It was delivered on Tuesday - I’m not deliberately making this sound like a Craig David song! (humorous for the Brits only perhaps) - It came with a free ECG-5 grip which I’m not that fussed about but also Olympus are running a promotion for a free 30mm/3.5 macro lens at the moment so I filled out the online form to claim that on Tuesday.

This morning I got a message from Royal Mail saying I should expect delivery today. I couldn’t think what it might be but with so much online shopping these days I didn’t pay too much notice. To my surprise it was the little macro lens :dance4: Quite the turnaround.

Let’s hope this is indicative of how quickly JIP are going to get that 8-25mm/4 lens produced 😉
I was unaware about an 8-25 lens let’s see my only concern is JPI will be moving ALL manufacturing to Vietnam as currently lenses are made in Japan in the optical factory

Gy Rob

Mu-43 Regular
Although I'm a very happy Sony user today I bought a EM1X and 100/400 to give the bird recognition a try I had a EM1X before so know what it can do hopefully this will work out nicely .

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom