what photography related item did you buy this week?

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
@Erich_H -

There are two minor problems with your scheme.

The current product has a hole in the tip.

Then there is the rather delicate matter of size.
Back to the distress angle then!

WARNING! Below material is strictly confidential and for the sole use of @RichardC

My advice in this case would be to work around the perceived problems to turn them into advantages.

The first issue could be addressed as freedom of choice, regardless of what stage of life the customer is in. "RC Intimacy Products: Security Enhancement No Matter What!"

An accessory kit of self adhesive material could be made available through a subscription plan.

The second issue could be mitigated by pointing out that during this stressful time of life, it is completely normal for certain body parts to not always function in the anticipated way.

This, however, should not be a hindrance for the intimacy seeking customer. Furthermore, the human equality issue mentioned in the UN charter of Human Rights could be invoked to validate the product.

In this case it would be termed as an issue of equipment equality.

Last edited:

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Back to the distress angle then!

My advice in this case would be to work around the perceived problems to turn them into advantages.

The first issue could be addressed as freedom of choice, regardless of what stage of life the customer is in. "RC Intimacy Products: Security Enhancement No Matter What!"

An accessory kit of self adhesive material could be made available through a subscription plan.

The second issue could be mitigated by pointing out that during this stressful time of life, it is completely normal for certain body parts to not always function in the anticipated way.

This, however, should not be a hindrance for the intimacy seeking customer. Furthermore, the human equality issue mentioned in the UN charter of Human Rights could be invoked to validate the product.

In this case it would be termed as an issue of equipment equality.
It's true that the first issue could be overcome with a bicycle repair kit.

The second will still be an obstacle for anyone living South of the Arctic Circle (and the African market is a complete non-starter).

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
It's true that the first issue could be overcome with a bicycle repair kit.

The second will still be an obstacle for anyone living South of the Arctic Circle (and the African market is a complete non-starter).
Then we will have to look into the Asian markets.

WARNING! Below material is strictly confidential and for the sole use of @RichardC

Off the cuff here, but I can immediately see two possible market insertion (sic!) vectors.

One would be the luxury markets. This probably would require a complete redesign of packaging and logotype, with a new product designation. I'm thinking something French sounding.

The second, with a much greater chance of success, at an unbelievable level, would be to enter into negotiations with the CCP to supply the mainland Chinese market.

We should suggest that the CCP makes the product part of a mandatory, nation wide, combined effort to lower the birthrate of our client's populace, and simultaneously combating the Covid-19 virus in a more radical way than ever seen before.

The main selling point should be the potential for an immense improvement in relations with both the EU and USA. This through the demonstrated willingness of the Chinese leadership to go to any length in the virus eradication effort.

When successful, the results of these negotiations would within the first year include a requirement for at least twelve to fifteen new manufacturing plants in mainland China.

With our new Chinese partners mandatory, by legislation required, part ownership of these manufacturing plants, the risk of failure of this project would be minimal to none, as I cannot imagine any situation in which the leadership of the Glorious Chinese Communist Party would let this combination of a plan for improving foreign relations, and a great humanitarian effort to improve the quality of life of the Chinese people to hitherto unseen levels ever fail!

At a later date, I suggest that we approach Bill Gates of Microsoft with an invitation to distribute the Covid-19 vaccine through our dealership network.

This, of course, against a very substantial fee, that ideally should be a combination of part ownership of the vaccine, and cash transfer to our Cayman Islands account.

I'm here foreseeing, a) that the vaccine needs to be readministered at least once every year, and b) that the virus refinement project and the vaccine are
marching into the rosy dawn of the future hand in hand, as two sides of the same coin!

Last edited:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Heck - someone please buy something before @Erich_H gets us thrown off the site.
Let it never be said that I won't respond to your call for assistance!

So, then, meet my Agfa Ambiflex II with a 4 element f:2.8/50 mm Color-Solinar lens.
Made in the early 1960s and featuring a Prontor Reflex leaf shutter with speeds from 1 - 1/300 sec and B. Light meter is a coupled selenium cell which is still working. As is the rest of the camera. Because this was the top-of-the-line model Agfa at the time, care was obviously taken, and the camera was kept in the case when not used. My case, btw, is a long way from mint.

FV5_0714-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

FV5_0716-01.jpeg

Four other lenses were available, 35, 90 and 135 mm. And an f:2/50 mm lens. This camera was sold in the US as the Agfaflex IV.

The funny thing is, that when I bought it, it was an Ambiflex I (Agfaflex III in the US). How is this possible?

When I bought it a couple of weeks ago, it was fitted with a waist level finder which is also visible in the pictures.

Then, last week, I had some luck, and found the badly treated body shown below, with a mint pentaprism finder attached to it, when I bought a box of lenses.

This body has obviously fallen victim to the camera repair person from H*ll, who clearly should have made a different career choice.

Visual cues are: metal covering on front missing. One small screw missing. One small screw partly screwed back in, at an angle, which explains the partly bit (just visible on the front picture below, on the rewind knob side).

An uneducated guess would be trouble with the shutter, as this points to attempts at opening the front to get at the lens assembly.

Next time: please get the service manual!

FV5_0718-01.jpeg

FV5_0717-01.jpeg

And with this pentaprism finder attached, my camera became an Ambiflex II. And if I can find the f:2/50 mm lens, it will become an Ambiflex III (Agfaflex IV in the US).

I'm not sure what it should be called with the f:2/50 and waist level finder.
Maybe Ambiflex II ½?

Anyway, the model designation is depending upon which combination of lens and finder you have, and is not marked on the camera.

The first model, Colorflex I, had the waist level finder, a fixed lens, and an uncoupled light meter.

With a prism, it was the Colorflex II. In the US, Agfaflex I and Agfaflex II, respectively.

This is a nice complement to my Kodak Retina Reflex III and my Zeiss Ikon Contaflex German leaf shutter SLR cameras.

EDIT: the black insulation tape over the selenium cell is there to protect against light. I forgot to take it off. But the cell is visible on the picture of the body. Sorry.

Last edited:

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Well, the guys from the firm doing the actual holeing, the fan-owners, has passed the buck to the building manager. So far I haven't heard anything from them. Which isn't surprising. In my experience, very few companies contact you to say: "We owe you money to the amount of this much. Please send us your bank account number, so we can deposit this amount in your account."
A few years ago, my father had the weird experience that the government contacted him, saying that they had recalculated the taxes he had paid several years earlier, and that they owed him a refund. That doesn't seem to happen all that often.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik

I prefer the waist level set up vs the pentaprism though. Just looks cooler.
Well, I do love my new prism. And if I put the waist level finder on, I'd have downgraded to an Ambiflex I. I don't like the idea of downgrading.

I'd rather look around for that f:2/50 mm, and then put the waist level finder on. Then, at least I would have upgraded to an Ambiflex II ½ 🙂

Last edited:

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
Arrived today - A pristine PEN -F with 3 Olympus batteries + 1 third party battery -
Also Olympus ECG 4 grip - Complete with all boxes and accessories - Under 5500 clicks -
I was pleased with my EP-5 as a second body but missed a built in EVF so was looking
around for a PEN-F - First impressions with the Oly12-45 are certainly positive -

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Claude
M42 to M4/3 adapter.
I must say this adaptor makes the lens quite long and heavy on the front.
I also ordered an adaptor for my Canon DSLR and the lens might be better balanced there. We'll see...

jhawk1000

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mel
For many years, my wife owned and operated a professional photo lab which was film-based and had pro-grade drum scanners for negatives and slides, and pro-grade paper-based processors and printers which were Fuji based with Fuji Frontiers and another larger printer which did 44" wide up to a full roll of paper lengthwise. Her lab also was a Fujifilm sales point that featured the Nikon body-based S series of Fujifilm cameras. We, of course, had cameras that included the S2, S3Pro, and S5 Pro. She sold the lab and went to a studio only but we used the Fujifilm cameras for her studio and vacation work for the superb out of camera color. Well, one of her former clients who used her lab contacted her and asked her if she wanted a Fujifilm camera but did not tell her which one he was giving her for postage costs only. It came yesterday and it was a venerable S3 Pro with minimal wear and usage. We got this for $10.30 postage. Last one is a quick shot from the camera.

Delb0y

Mu-43 Regular
And here it is 😊.

I've always been a few many years behind the curve on any camera - waiting for the cost of things to sink into the £200s and £300s before being able to indulge. As I have a few Nikon lenses already (three of which I was delighted to discover are actually full frame lenses) it made sense that my first foray into Full Frame would be with Nikon. And that meant, for that price range, a D700. The fact that it's still highly regarded and looked back on by so many with fondness certainly helped the decision.

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Darek
I do not really feel the need for macro lens, but these may help to keep up with others' images in the "mystery object" thread:

PhotoCal

Mu-43 Regular
A pair of OpTek system Uni-Loops.
I use OpTek straps exclusively on all my gear.
I recently bought some lens loops for my Olympus 100-400, which work great. I added some system extenders so I no longer need a longer strap on my bodies, hence converting to the Uni Loops.

Two of the things I like about OpTek is that their gear is very well made and affordable. The Uni loops are under $10/pair.

I spent Sunday at a wildlife area carrying my Olympus 100-400 using the lens loops. It's a great system.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom