what photography related item did you buy this week?

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Couldn't wait, huh?
4 is $67, Ai is $74. It certainly makes sense to preorder and wait a month.
I'd have to agree with that. Especially if AI v1.1, etc will be at no charge. It's also possible that they'll run 4.x out for near $0 once AI hits.
Seems like we already had this discussion!

I don't know if the pre release will be that much less than the regular price, but I'd kick myself if I had to spend some significant amount more later. Since I'm getting it anyway I figured I'd get it over with. Plus, I already got a membership to a secret club that is only available to those who pre order. Shhhh!!!!!! Don't tell anyone!

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
It's practically compulsory to own one north of Leeds.
Wait a sec! You are not talking about dogs, but about whipping something/someone??? This just gets curiouser and curiouser!
Well, this chit-chat is making me seriously thirsty. I'm not sure what that tells about me... But it's beer time for yours truly! Have a great weekend, everyone!

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
No he is a dog.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And we are North of Leeds.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
I'm considering this lens so I am curious; @Darmok N Jalad did you get bad copies or are you just undicided on the lens in general? Does this lens suffer from a lot of sample variation?
Apologies for the delay. The first one I tried with my G9, and I sent it back to go with the 100-300 instead to get dual-IS. I had no complaints about the first copy. The second, I bought used and I had concerns about its condition, and I wasn't committed. This last copy seems solid enough, and I'm really liking the lighter weight, even if it is a bit slow. I haven't used it much, but here's a sample shot from an early outing. @John King suggests using the e-shutter with this lens, and it does seem to help, especially on a light body like the E-M5.3.

Not too bad for ISO 1000!

Delb0y

Mu-43 Regular
A couple of Lee Seven5 lens adaptors so I can use the couple of filters I have on the couple of M43 lenses I have.

ektar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Don
^^^^^
The original "Stylus." I still have one upstairs. Legend is it was the only point-and-shoot with exposure accurate enough and lens sharp enough to shoot slide film. Not that I'll ever do that again...

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
^^^^^
The original "Stylus." I still have one upstairs. Legend is it was the only point-and-shoot with exposure accurate enough and lens sharp enough to shoot slide film. Not that I'll ever do that again...
Oh really? I'll have to try this sometime. Slide is getting so expensive to process I've mostly been using C41 for metered cameras, B&W for meter-less/sunny-16 or selenium-cell (although the Trip35 is pretty good with C41) and Slide for something where I know the meter demonstrates near laser-like accuracy (Hexar, F3HP, F100, OM4Ti etc).

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
A new Pentax. 2005 vintage. CCD. 6 MP. AA batteries.
Mint, plastic protector still on display, 1110 shutter actuations. With FA 28-70. US 60.
Pentax istDL (1)-01.jpeg
Pentax istDL (3)-01.jpeg

ektar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Don
^^^^^
Wow! Semi-vintage digital. It was Pentax' lagged entry into the digital era that put me in an E-1. I had a nice rig of Pentax film stuff including glass...several of which I've bought back...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom