what photography related item did you buy this week?

Steveee

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I'm sure it will be twice as good as you hope now Steve. ;)
It certainly arrived twice as quickly as I'd hoped - popped up a day early! I'm quietly excited, here are a few quick snaps taken without much thought in the kitchen when I should have been working (all sooc jpegs). Loving the shallow DOF (but will have to learn to manage it properly!).

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Fell for a sale... Bought a 2x3m or 3x2m backdrop from Kate Backdrop. No idea which color though since it's a "mystery pack" with free shipping. With my luck it's just a plain white or black backdrop but time will tell. I can always sell it and get my money back if it's no good. :D

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Claude
In mint condition, from the local classified ads - the former owner told me it had barely ever been used...

The lens is in great shape, aperture and focus rings operate well, glass is perfect.

Now is time to play with adapted lenses and order some adaptors! Since I also have some Canon gear, I need a M42 to EOS adaptor for this.
Then the question... I wonder if I should be better to get a EOS to Micro 4/3 - this would permit to also use my Canon lenses with M4/3 bodies, or is it better to have a dedicated M42 to Micro 4/3.
Would there be any inconvenient to have 2 adaptors (i.e. M42 to EOS and EOS to M4/3) when using it with my M4/3 body?

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
In mint condition, from the local classified ads - the former owner told me it had barely ever been used...

View attachment 852666

The lens is in great shape, aperture and focus rings operate well, glass is perfect.

Now is time to play with adapted lenses and order some adaptors! Since I also have some Canon gear, I need a M42 to EOS adaptor for this.
Then the question... I wonder if I should be better to get a EOS to Micro 4/3 - this would permit to also use my Canon lenses with M4/3 bodies, or is it better to have a dedicated M42 to Micro 4/3.
Would there be any inconvenient to have 2 adaptors (i.e. M42 to EOS and EOS to M4/3) when using it with my M4/3 body?
My dream camera in 1978.

Markb

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mark

View attachment 852666

My first serious camera was a Zenit E with a Helios 44 in 1975. The meter broke after 6 weeks. I learnt a lot about Sunny 16 while I saved up for a hand held meter.

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John

View attachment 852666

I have a Helios 44-2 and a dumb M42 to M43 adapter that works just fine. Also bought a Zhongyi Lens Turbo II in an EF to M43 structure. It was easy to buy a slim metal adapter (M42 to EF) to make it work. That makes the 58mm F2 Helios into a ~42mm f1.4 after the .726x magnification and one stop gain.

Just yesterday I acquired a PanaLeica 25mm on ebay for what I think is a reasonable price for an 'As New' sample.
The seller has a good rating and what I did like to see was that he was unloading 4 or 5 lenses at once..... and which looked like a once-off sale. [This sort of does away with the worry that someone who is selling a single bit of gear is trying to unload a lemon.]
Anyway, this will be my first non-regular lens M43 lens [currently have the Pana 14 and 20.....maybe the 20 will now go].
Looking forward to seeing that PL rendering!
This lens reminds me of the Fuji 35mm f/1.4 which is very similar in focal length and aperture and is much loved by Fuji owners for it's special rendering.

Received it yesterday in like new condition with 3 batteries!
Oh My ..... we are going to get along well together!
:cloud-9-039:
Amen... mine should get here next week. Silver version, 3 batteries, book, lightly used, 650€

I bought a SpyderX Pro display calibration device for 99€... really good price (regular is 179€)
Straight from the vendor because they're having a sale.

Been a while since I last calibrated all monitors, looking forward to the results. It's supposed to be their fastest ever (it used to take around 10-20 minutes for each run)

algold

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Alex
Oops, I did it again. Another GAS attack and a slightly used 45/1.2 for a good price found a way into my bag.
As well as a Godox H200R round flash head for my AD200 pro. Now I can use the AK-R1 accessory kit both with the V1 flash and the AD200.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
Last week I decided to give the 75-300 a third try. I've returned 2 copies, but this one might actually stick. I also am moving away from my prime collection and ordered the 12-45 f4, which should be here soon. First time I've seen it $100 off, so I gave it a go. I find when I use primes, I always want a different one on the body! Our last family adventure reminded me of this problem, so zoom it is.

ektar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Don
Okay, by way of background, the residents of this fine forum long since corrupted me to the joys of shooting vintage lenses on M4/3 cameras. It's become sort of an affliction, really. 28s and 50s (ish) have a particular attraction. One of our AWOL brethren, @Mattyh was the king of the 28s. He pointed me toward the Pentax K series (predating the jewel-like M-series). He also planted the seeds of looking for the K 28mm f2.0.

Nicknamed the "Hollywood," it's one of two lenses that were the product of a short-lived cooperation between Asahi Pentax and Zeiss Optical. It is essentially the same lens as the Zeiss Distagon. I missed one summer 2019 on PentaxForums. I had an eBay seller agree to sell me one, but the deal fell through. The Japanese sellers on eBay are delusional on price. I had a feeler on PentaxForums, and a couple weeks ago reached a deal on this one. It's a beauty:

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Minolta Maxxum 7000i
Sony A700
50/1.7 A Mount
70-210 A Mount
28-105 A Mount
Maxxum Flash
Compact Flash Card
Compact flash to SD converter (allows you to use an SD card in a Compact Flash Type II slot)
A high speed reader for SD, Compact Flash, and Micro SD.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Okay, by way of background, the residents of this fine forum long since corrupted me to the joys of shooting vintage lenses on M4/3 cameras. It's become sort of an affliction, really. 28s and 50s (ish) have a particular attraction. One of our AWOL brethren, @Mattyh was the king of the 28s. He pointed me toward the Pentax K series (predating the jewel-like M-series). He also planted the seeds of looking for the K 28mm f2.0.

Nicknamed the "Hollywood," it's one of two lenses that were the product of a short-lived cooperation between Asahi Pentax and Zeiss Optical. It is essentially the same lens as the Zeiss Distagon. I missed one summer 2019 on PentaxForums. I had an eBay seller agree to sell me one, but the deal fell through. The Japanese sellers on eBay are delusional on price. I had a feeler on PentaxForums, and a couple weeks ago reached a deal on this one. It's a beauty:
Don't let @Erich_H see that lens, he will be after you to sell it to him like a leach! ;)

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro
As mentioned in a couple of other threads, I've bought an Oly MC-20 to pair with my 40-150. I've not had much time to get acquainted with it yet but I'm interested to see how it compares optically to my recently sold P100-300. I'm hoping to save some bag space without too much of an IQ hit.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
I um... got a second GR III. Actually at the end of last week, with Amazon's 25% back to my Amazon card. I plan on sending my current one in for a service (rear dial always jumps around, even after a previous service) as it's at the end of my extended warranty - then I'll sell it for a good price and have a new one with a fresh warranty. I'm not sentimental with this particular camera, I just want to always have one, and have it be reliable.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom