what photography related item did you buy this week?

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
Ovidiu, My previous spouse liked the Porsche but was always complaining about going around curves so fast and always complained that she got sick. I knew that I drove slow enough on curves with her and knew she was complaining more about me. Well, we went to our condo in WinterPark Colorado, and to get there you go over Berthoud Pass which is very high. It is curvy and it was then a two-lane road with visible drop-offs so it was a little scary. Well, we got up and over into WinterPark and the next day she wanted to go back over the pass and go shopping at a place further West. She was upset and was pissed about life in general so she got the ride of her life up the pass and down the pass with the Porsche's tail swinging around, tires squealing and when we got down, she had me stop so she could walk around. That was the last trip we made in the Porsche and she soon moved with her job to Dallas and I stayed. After that ride, she had no desire to take the Porsche. :)
After that beautiful account, my life feels like a Burger King commercial:

slmoore

Mu-43 Regular
I found a used HLD-9 grip for E-M1 ii on Adorama for $45. The notes said something about the battery door not closing flush. I shoot a fair amount of basketball where I almost always want vertical orientation so I thought I'd give it a shot. It arrived yesterday. Shutter, dials and other buttons seem to function, additional battery is recognized, and the battery door seems to close OK to me. Never had an Olympus grip before so maybe I don't know what to look for. I think my daughter has a tournament this weekend so I should be able to try it out.

Danny_SWE

Mu-43 All-Pro
Got Oly 12-45/4 today! It is like made for the E-M5

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

jhawk1000

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mel
I found a used HLD-9 grip for E-M1 ii on Adorama for $45. The notes said something about the battery door not closing flush. I shoot a fair amount of basketball where I almost always want vertical orientation so I thought I'd give it a shot. It arrived yesterday. Shutter, dials and other buttons seem to function, additional battery is recognized, and the battery door seems to close OK to me. Never had an Olympus grip before so maybe I don't know what to look for. I think my daughter has a tournament this weekend so I should be able to try it out.
That is the deal of the century.

Steveee

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Not sure whether this counts in here, but just been sent this Vanguard bag (https://www.vanguardworld.co.uk/collections/bags/products/veo-range-38-bg) and a battery holder, free gratis for subscribing to a monthly bird watching magazine. That I haven’t subscribed to! After doing the right thing and calling them up, and being on hold while they tried to sort it, I can keep it!

But: It’s huge. And ugly. And costs £80-odd on their website. Jeez. But rather than sell it, I’m going to keep it bagged and tagged for now - it might be useful as a carry-all (camera, lenses, tablet, chargers, phones, kitchen sink) if we get round to proper travel again.

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
Not a fan of modern (native) lenses I broke down and did buy the most "vanilla" of them all: M.Zuiko 25mm f1.8 (used of course).
I needed something fast for low-light images where bokeh really isn't a concern, but sharpness is.
And yet, today I could not help myself to test the new lens, in manual focus mode :blush:
First image, in the backyard

Georgina spring '20 by gnarlydog, on Flickr

Fuzzdog

Mu-43 Regular
I've had a bit of a binge this week, picked up a mint boxed 50-200 SWD, a 50 f/2 macro, a Samyang 7.5 fisheye and I have a 1.4 teleconverter on the way. Being sat constantly at a computer while working from home plus the ease of internet shopping is a dangerous thing!

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
And the most ironic part is I moved to UK only 4 years ago... These Brits are highly effective at converting :p
You have no idea. Years ago, there was a girl at my college dorm that had a British accent, and I remember commenting how it was cool to have students from all over the world at our dorm. A person then corrected me, “oh, she’s American. She only spent 6 months overseas and somehow came back with a British accent!” :D

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
I went the other direction @gnarlydog australia ...

After only owning m43 mount lenses I picked up my first m42 screw mount lenses. Super Takumar 50mm f1.4 and Helios 44-2 58mm f2. While the PayPal password was fresh on the mind I bought an m42 to EF adapter and EF-m43 Zhongyi Lens Turbo II focal reducer to expand the field of view. I'm hoping to get even more of the unique characteristics of each lens by "seeing" more of the field of view it was designed for.

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
As a matter of curiosity...
Any good reason for going the route of 2 adaptors? Wouldn't a single m42 to micro 4/3 focal reducer adaptor have done the job?
First reason was the used focal reducer was in the EF-m43 mount, so price and availability. Second however is that it allows me to buy ~$10 slim metal adapters from m42/FD/SR/Other -> EF that gives me choices going forward without locking me in to one legacy mount. Perhaps I'll explore more lenses in the future....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom