what photography related item did you buy this week?

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
My limited time on this forum suggests we probably wouldn’t go there anyway! With the way this year has gone, a lot of people’s nerves are frayed, so a light-hearted corner of the world is certainly welcome. :)

Though I do have to disagree with @John King, unless I misunderstand his comment on cats. We have a part-siamese that cannot stand being alone. Sometimes she will harass you until you sit down and let her on your lap, and you cannot pet her enough. We sometimes joke that she’s a cat that thinks she’s a dog. She absolutely loves people, but hates other animals. 😺
Just now I found out our Pug boy has anxiety separation when we are both at work. We will have to look for a solution for him, I don't want it to get worse.

WT21

Super Moderator
Because humans are a herd/tribal animal Ovidiu ...

Belonging to a tribe is very important to most humans.

It is very rare to find a human who is truly field independent.

It's also the reason that about half of humanity don't like cats. Cats are true individuals (except lions ... ). For many people this is all but impossible to contemplate for profound psychological reasons.
All of that may be true, but it isn't always the reason why people buy Apple products. In fact, I know a number of male engineers who LOUDLY decry "Apple - I will NEVER buy Apple" exhibiting perhaps a perfect example of "belonging" herd behavior.

I buy Apple because in 2007 when I built my own PCs, my registry crashed for the 3rd time in 6 moths, and I only had Vista as an option. I decided to try Apple and how "easy" it was, and it was a HELLUVA lot easier than PCs at the time. There hasn't yet been a reason to switch back. My watch, phone and PC are seamless. Though, like my engineer example above, I also feel Google knows enough about me, and I don't want to feed them more.

I am waiting for reasons to move OFF of Apple (the latest Windows looks fine), and no, cost is not the reason. As with my buying cameras, I buy refurb and used Apple gear - and don't anyone buying new mirrorless tell me that Apple is an expense I don't need. I spend all my time on this site talking about stuff I don't "need"!

algold

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Alex
All of that may be true, but it isn't always the reason why people buy Apple products. In fact, I know a number of male engineers who LOUDLY decry "Apple - I will NEVER buy Apple" exhibiting perhaps a perfect example of "belonging" herd behavior.

I buy Apple because in 2007 when I built my own PCs, my registry crashed for the 3rd time in 6 moths, and I only had Vista as an option. I decided to try Apple and how "easy" it was, and it was a HELLUVA lot easier than PCs at the time. There hasn't yet been a reason to switch back. My watch, phone and PC are seamless. Though, like my engineer example above, I also feel Google knows enough about me, and I don't want to feed them more.

I am waiting for reasons to move OFF of Apple (the latest Windows looks fine), and no, cost is not the reason. As with my buying cameras, I buy refurb and used Apple gear - and don't anyone buying new mirrorless tell me that Apple is an expense I don't need. I spend all my time on this site talking about stuff I don't "need"!
I am a sysadmin/network admin for a living and have enough Windows and Linux workstations and servers at work, so I have Macs at home and use iPhones for years - they just work 😉.
And I drive French cars, just because they are comfy.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Not if he uses his own paw to press the OK button. It was proven in court that if a monkey can own his selfie because he pressed the shutter button same should go with puppers too.

PETA blew it. They should not have got him to testify.

"Monkey not greedy. Monkey just want a 5DMk4 and a lorryload of bananas".

Case dismissed.

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
I am a sysadmin/network admin for a living and have enough Windows and Linux workstations and servers at work, so I have Macs at home and use iPhones for years - they just work 😉.
And I drive French cars, just because they are comfy.
I am on my first non French vehicle in years, Citroens mainly as they are comfortable and also often well interesting.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I am on my first non French vehicle in years, Citroens mainly as they are comfortable and also often well interesting.
I drove a Citroen C3 for 5 years until 2018, good car really but the Electronic Gear shifting was not so good, lagging would probably be the right word.
In 2018 I drove across the US on Route 50 in a Jeep Cherokee, when I got home the Citroen didn't work for me any longer, I bought a Jeep Compass and now I am happy!

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
I drove a Citroen C3 for 5 years until 2018, good car really but the Electronic Gear shifting was not so good, lagging would probably be the right word.
In 2018 I drove across the US on Route 50 in a Jeep Cherokee, when I got home the Citroen didn't work for me any longer, I bought a Jeep Compass and now I am happy!
My brother has a Volvo V70 and I had to drive a V60 for a week recently when my car was in the shop for fixing body damage. I don't like those Volvos! They are to small inside!
Hard to get into and my head nearly hits the roof, just to cramped for me! Even the Citroen was better.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
I once had a Citroen BX as a company vehicle (AICO's official policy was that if I sold enough Slik tripods, I could get a Saab of some sort with a go faster stripe and towbar).

Bad point - it took me three days to find the radio (cleverly concealed under a flap).
Good point - with the air suspension set to the wheel change height - that car could drive through pretty deep snow.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
My brother has a Volvo V70 and I had to drive a V60 for a week recently when my car was in the shop for fixing body damage. I don't like those Volvos! They are to small inside!
Hard to get into and my head nearly hits the roof, just to cramped for me! Even the Citroen was better.
Buy (or steal) a bicycle! Then the sky's the limit. And the roof. This car thing is a perfect example of the mindless behavior, like stampeding wildebeest, of most humans, that @John King was referring to!

Oh, oh! The Holy Greta (or her PR agency, hard to tell the difference) says that this is the endtime!
We should all repent and stop breathing so heavily! This carbon dioxide thingy will surely send you, and all your climate denying, fact resistant, fake news friends to Hell in a handbasket! And that serves you right! But not me, because I just bought a brand new electric car with an environment friendly big ass battery! I'm really acting as if I knew that the planet has limited resources. As we all know, rare earth metals are growing on apple trees. And besides, I'm holier than thou! I don't go to school on Fridays. To preserve the planet!

OK. How's that for picking a fight?

And I found out that the BLS-5 battery of the E-PL1, E-PM1, E-PL8 et al. works perfectly as a substitute for the BLS-1 battery the E-450 uses. And, that the highly recommended, new, improved, BLS-50 battery has a whopping 2.1 percent increase in capacity, compared to the BLS-5 it's supposed to replace.
That's saving the planet from one new set of batteries and charger I'm consequently not buying.

Can I please exhale some carbon dioxide now?

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
A few more outdoorsey samples of the Panny Pankey lens ... just to make sure the point is made how much I like this little gem after all :p
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The lens can sharpen up quite a bit in post even side open.

The minimum focus distance is not ground-breaking but decent enough depending on the size of your subject (the little snail was about 3-4 cm across).

The bokelishousness of the background is a dreamy blur :p

But man I love those delightful colors, even before I didn't have to touch any of the color sliders but this lens seems to make the colors even more delightful and contrasty.

Mountain_Man_79

Wu-Tang is Forever
Real Name
Chris
I have a 2017 s90 and love it. Incredibly comfortable. And a lot of tech crammed in there. It’s like driving an iPhone!
:hiding:

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
We're still tooling around on a 2008 Mazda 5. I bought it used about 5 years ago, when at that time in only had 11,000 miles. I found a little old lady car and jumped on it the day it posted to the dealer. Not that we drive it much either--currently in the garage with 44,000 miles on it. I had to replace the factory tires on it because they were getting noisy after 10 years on the wheels. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom