what photography related item did you buy this week?

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
Hi Erik,
perhaps I'm a super idiot but I had no idea at all (and why would I?) that I had to type the @ key.
And in doing that just then, I type the latter E after it, fully expecting a list with you at the top to jump out and hit me.
But no, nothing of the sort happened, so I'm still in the dark (actually it's just Welsh mist) about this protocol.
Ho hum, back to my cave I think........

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Hi Erik,
perhaps I'm a super idiot but I had no idea at all (and why would I?) that I had to type the @ key.
And in doing that just then, I type the latter E after it, fully expecting a list with you at the top to jump out and hit me.
But no, nothing of the sort happened, so I'm still in the dark (actually it's just Welsh mist) about this protocol.
Strange. Maybe it's only on mobile you get the drop down. And about you being a super idiot, well, you've proven time and again, by your posts, that you're definitely not. Also, I'm the current title holder...

EDIT: I have to type two letters. One doesn't cut it...

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
Well Erik, if you're the current title holder then you'd better watch your back............
........'cos I'm on the prowl; stealth like, the same as your moggies! :rofl:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Hi Erik,
Type the @ sign and keep typing letters, like @Erich_H , that took 2 letters before the list turned up!
With only 1 letter the list is probably too long so you have to keep typing until you see the list.

Edit: Sorry @Erich_H just saw your edit, but redundant information is better than none! BTW, doing this on my PC.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Well Erik, if you're the current title holder then you'd better watch your back............
........'cos I'm on the prowl; stealth like, the same as your moggies! :rofl:
I really don't think they're unremarkable. Unreasonable, yes. Ungovernable, yes. Unremarkable, no... 😼
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Panolyman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Brian
I never said they were unremarkable!
In fact they are so remarkable I'm surprised they haven't got their own account.

I did type @Erich's cats, but nothing came up. :whistling:

Now, can we get back on track for the sake of the sane folk on here please?

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
OK, then. I have been suffering from abstinence, so I had to do something about the cold sweats. Waiting for this now:
Minolta 505si (1)-01.jpeg
Minolta 505si (3)-01.jpeg
Minolta 505si (4)-01.jpeg
Minolta 505si (5)-01.jpeg

Bought it mainly for the 75-300 mm and the AF TC. Also the set of Hoya close up lenses might come in handy, some time. As per usual, at a very reasonable price...

I'll probably have it Monday or Tuesday.
My Sony Alphas will be pleased...

teacher447

Mu-43 Regular
Bought an Olympus HLD-9 battery holder on Ebay it was Like New.
Fortunately for me, I was the only bidder!

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
Got my new one!
The AF stumbles sometimes, but for what I paid, absolutely worth it. Close focusing distance is very nice. Looking forward to trying it with my AF extension tubes, when I locate the set made of metal...
FV5_0454-01.jpeg
FV5_0455-01.jpeg
FV5_0456-01.jpeg

Added metal lens hood and skylight filter from my own stash.

And, yes, I've taped the Sony logo...

Last edited:

BosseBe

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bo
Happened on a thread about Time-lapse, the discussion was about dummy batteries and such!
Now I have gone and ordered a dummy battery with DC/DC converter with USB connector and wall-wart for my G80!
€32 from Amazon.de with shipping to Sweden, should be here next week.

Could have got it from China for about €20 + shipping + tax, it might have been a little cheaper.
But getting it from inside the EU means the taxes are already included and I definitely don't want to pay Postnord 75 SEK for handling of the taxes (and delaying the delivery for several days).

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Erik
As this seems to be a very busy thread, I would like to ask all you knowledgeable experts here this question, a little off topic, but I hope you'll forgive me for this:

I've been trying to locate the image file from the PCMCIA harddisk on a Minolta RD-175 3xCCD 1.75 MPix digital SLR camera.

Minolta RD175-01.jpeg

The Minolta RD-175 (also sold as the Agfa Actioncam) was the first hand portable digital SLR camera with internal storage medium, a 130 MB PCMCIA harddisk, released in 1995.

In this cooperation between Minolta and Agfa, Minolta built the hardware, while Agfa did the software development. The only difference between the Minolta and the Agfa was the logo on the camera and the startup screen of the software.

Since state of the art CCD resolution at the time was not sufficient for Minolta, the light entering the central 12 mm × 16 mm area of the RD-175's focal plane was compressed by 0.4x relay optics behind the focal plane. The light bundled on the smaller sensor area increased the effective sensitivity (ISO) by 2 2⁄3 stops. Then the light was split and sent to three separate 4.8 × 6.4 mm sized 768 × 494 pixel (3 x 0.38 megapixel) image sensors, two used for green and one for the red and blue color, reducing the sensitivity increase to about 2 stops. The only usable ISO was 800.

The three images were combined digitally and interpolated to the final size of 1.75 mega-pixels (1528 × 1146 pixels). Images were stored on an internal PCMCIA hard drive.

All of the electronic wizardry is packaged into the great lump behind a standard Minolta Dynax 500si body. Pretty simple, actually. You just take the SLR, take off the back, and put on the big lump of electronics. This of course means that you have no screen, or any controls besides the normal ones of an SLR. The camera used Minolta AF A-mount lenses with a crop factor of 2.

If anyone has a copy of the disk image for this 1995 DSLR, please PM me! I've got the drivers already.

Last edited:

John M Flores

Super Moderator
I apparently run a camera orphanage.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
I'm just wondering:
What the heck is inside the packaging?

Nikon 1 J5. About the size of a GM1. 1" sensor with 20 megapickles. I had a V1 and its AF was outstanding. This should be similar.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom