what photography related item did you buy this week?

Joe_G

New to Mu-43
I bought a Panasonic 100-300 f4.0-5.6 II just got it yesterday, taking some test shots
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

damianmkv

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just won a samyang 7.5 FE on ebay. Less than half the price of a new one.

Hopefully it will serve me well on my trips to the South West and Wales this month

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Let's hope you get plenty of use out of it in the South West.
After all, when you come here to Wales, you won't be needing a wide-angle lens to take photos of mist and rain, will you. :shakehead:

damianmkv

Mu-43 Top Veteran
:roflmao: Weather hasn’t been kind to us in the last 4 or 5 years in Wales but the scenery means we’ve got to keep trying ..Usually we come for the rallying but this year it’s cancelled so we’ve made different plans..

as for the south west - who knows. It’s 35 in Surrey this week and 20 in Cornwall. But it’s where my family are from so we’re taking the next generation back

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
:roflmao: Weather hasn’t been kind to us in the last 4 or 5 years in Wales but the scenery means we’ve got to keep trying ..Usually we come for the rallying but this year it’s cancelled so we’ve made different plans..

as for the south west - who knows. It’s 35 in Surrey this week and 20 in Cornwall. But it’s where my family are from so we’re taking the next generation back
It was 20 degrees and raining here the other day, when it was the third hottest day most places in the UK.
Enjoy your time in Kernow and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you down here. :thumbup:

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Just won a samyang 7.5 FE on ebay. Less than half the price of a new one.

Hopefully it will serve me well on my trips to the South West and Wales this month
I think I was watching that one and ended up missing the end of the auction! Well won!

Gromit

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Promised myself a Leica for many years (I blame my Dad, who once owned - and was very skilled with - an M3). Long story/short etc...I gave up motorcycling 3 years ago (after 35 years) owing to the meds I was on so instead of a new bike, funds saved (or rather not spent) have gone into something which doesn't hurt as much if/when I screw things up...

M240P by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

A Voigtlander Nokton 35-1.4 II is arriving to partner it. Leica glass is out of my £eague, sadly.

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've had my mouse cursor hovering over the Sigma 56mm f1.4 for a little while but I'm trying my hardest to resist buying anything in anticipation of the expected Oly 100-400 announcement. Due to 3 involuntary spasms in my right index finger, I have apparently clicked on 'add to basket', 'checkout' and 'confirm order' on a new Olympus BLH-1 battery that is currently hurtling on its trajectory towards me. Imagine that! Thankfully this only happened on something small enough and cheap enough to slip under the wife's procurement radar and therefore shouldn't be considered in any near-future purchasing decisions. Phew!

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Bought a Peak Design Clutch and modified it to work on my E-M1 III and ProMaster L-bracket bottom plate. I removed the Anchor Link from the strap and stitched it into place on the ProMaster strap mount loop. The system works really well and keeps the bottom of the strap from wandering around the underside of the camera body as it tended to do with the Anchor Link and Connector system.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Bought 2 things this week. The first was a small, soft cover photo book, approx 30 pages, containing some of my street photos. My plan is to carry it in my bag and use it to explain what I'm doing if someone asks me why I'm photographing them or other strangers. Hopefully, it'll allay people's fears about my intent.

View attachment 838748
(all.these.moments.will.be.lost is my Instagram acct)

The second thing is a Peak Design 10L sling bag. I had no intentions of replacing or augmenting my Think Tank TurnStyle 20 sling bag but my local shop had the PD on sale (it's a ver 1 model, not the new ver 2 style) with a healthy discount and with all the street shooting I've been doing lately, the small "pain points" on my TurnStyle were starting to really annoy me. Primarily it was the fact that the TurnStyle is a very non-stiff bag. That's great because it flattens nicely for carrying in my travel bag and I can squeeze a bit more in there when needed, but it also means that when I'm wearing it and it's over half-full, its shape changes and the shape of the lens pockets (as formed by the padded dividers) often times gets squished, making it difficult to stow my larger diameter lenses. In contrast, the PD bag is stiffer and so the lens pockets stay the same no matter what the bag's orientation. The stiffer construction also means I can't stuff as much into it as my TurnStyle but that's probably a good thing since my lower back is very sensitive to loads on a single shoulder. So over-stuffing a sling bag is something I should be avoiding, anyway.

The PD sling also has a much bigger outside pocket for carrying my junk (sunglasses, reading glasses, wallet, Leatherman, ear buds, floss, keys, etc) AND beneath that pocket are straps and a flap so I can strap in a light jacket, rain shell, umbrella, or tripod. To carry a small umbrella on my TurnStyle, I had a tailor sew a kind of Molle patch on the bottom and then use strips of Velcro loops to attach the umbrella but it's always a bit fussy to re/re the umbrella.

But what really surprised me after using the PD is that it actually sits on my back more comfortably than the TurnStyle. With the TurnStyle, after an hour of walking, I usually have to have it cinched very tightly to keep in a position that doesn't bother my lower back. But with the PD, even when a bit loose, the bag seemed to naturally sit up against the center of my back instead of pulling to one side.

View attachment 838749
I actually didn't buy anything this weekend, but I concur with your account: Blade Runner is a great movie, that has aged with dignity... a bit like yours truly 🙂

I just puttered about, filling a great big box with stuff I'm going to part with. Among other things, an Elmo 350 SL Macro Sound, a 1970's Super 8 camera with a whole bunch of Kodachrome cassettes, both with and without sound.

The strangest things keep popping up during the puttering hours. And good luck getting those Super 8 Kodachrome cassettes developed....

mumu

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I actually didn't buy anything this weekend, but I concur with your account: Blade Runner is a great movie, that has aged with dignity... a bit like yours truly 🙂
Yes, it's timeless. I read Roy Batty's monologue in the story but much prefer Rutger Hauer's re-wording in the movie.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom