what photography related item did you buy this week?

Mountain_Man_79

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chris
I had plenty fall through my fingers this week -

A Yashica 35mm camera
A Fujifilm X-A5
An Olympus 75mm 1.8

So the only thing I bought was some film developing and scanning. I sent off 3 rolls for the first time in god knows how long, and I guess I’ll find out how my 3 old cameras are holding up sometime next week.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I got this rather trendy wrist strap for my recently purchased E-M5.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Picked up a used 12-100/4 off of FM and a new UV filter to protect it. I hate buying stuff twice, but I had this lens during my first go around with Olympus and it really is a jack of all trades. I know that a large portion of it’s range is duplicated by my 12-45/4 but I think they can still serve different purposes based upon portability needs.

I had plenty fall through my fingers this week -

A Yashica 35mm camera
A Fujifilm X-A5
An Olympus 75mm 1.8

So the only thing I bought was some film developing and scanning. I sent off 3 rolls for the first time in god knows how long, and I guess I’ll find out how my 3 old cameras are holding up sometime next week.
Which Yashica was it? I have my father’s Electro 35 but have only ran 3 or 4 rolls of film through it in the past 17 years since he passed. I’ve always wanted to try my hand at developing too, but don’t really have a good spot in the house to really dedicate to the art. Maybe someday!

cjoliprsf

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Claude
Just missed a Fujica ST705W with 50mm f/1.4 that was on sale for 25$ CAD on the local classified ads. Anothey guy was faster...

Mountain_Man_79

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Chris
Which Yashica was it? I have my father’s Electro 35 but have only ran 3 or 4 rolls of film through it in the past 17 years since he passed. I’ve always wanted to try my hand at developing too, but don’t really have a good spot in the house to really dedicate to the art. Maybe someday!
View attachment 837231
Nothing that pretty! It was a very good condition, very nicely priced FX-3.

Henk van Slooten

Mu-43 Regular
Benro GD3WH Geared Head

For most photos with a tripod I use a ball head. I use a gimbal head for sports or flying birds. But even the best ball head can drop slightly as they are tightened up.
I do not like the fact that the ball head can drop slightly when it is tightened.
Especially after precise adjustment. My photo shop advised me to try out a "geared head". Many photographers use them in macro, architecture and landscape (panorama) photography.
In short, after a weekend of trying I bought it. What an ease of setting, not to be afraid that the setting changes when tightening, because tightening is not necessary.

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
A roll of Ilford FP4, for running a check on the Yashica T5 I found in a crate after emptying out the last of Mothers storage lockers, a new Olympus TG-6, due to hollidays and the Mrs haveing tidied away the battery chargers for the M43s and a second hand PL12-60. Will probably be getting a second hand PL50-200 later this week, its been in the pipeline for a long time, but due to the scalping prices up here on the new ones, I have been very hesitant to get one, but found a "reasonable" priced one second hand, to the tune of getting it covered with what I got when I sold the Oly 40-150Pro with TC and the P100-300MkI earlier this year.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Sigma 60mm/2.8. A lovely lens. Testing it against my Takumar 50/1.4 manual focus lens. I had this lens before when I used Sony, but, for me, I prefer the FOV on m43.
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your images with this cracker of a lens.

NIlaga

Mu-43 Regular
Not sure if this even needs its own thread so I'm posting it here. It appears the Oly Rewards program is ending on August, 31, 2020. If anyone is already planning on buying something from their online shop, here's a $50 off $125 or more code. Confirmed working when I tried it checking out as guest so should work for anyone.

Dear Olympus Rewards Member,

Thank you for participating in Olympus Rewards. As a thank you for your loyalty, here’s a coupon for $50 off your next purchase of $125 or more.

Code: TY9460375641
Expires:
December 18, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET

Your coupon can be used on any physical product purchase at GetOlympus.com, but cannot be combined with other coupon offers or Olympus Reward Codes.

Last edited:
Not sure if this even need its own thread so I'm posting it here. It appears the Oly Rewards program is ending on August, 31, 2020. If anyone is already planning on buying something from their online shop, here's a $50 off $125 or more code. Confirmed working when I tried it checking out as guest so should work for anyone.

Thank you for participating in Olympus Rewards. As a thank you for your loyalty, here’s a coupon for $50 off your next purchase of $125 or more.

Expires:

Your coupon can be used on any physical product purchase at GetOlympus.com, but cannot be combined with other coupon offers or Olympus Reward Codes.
Use the code. Many thanks. 🙏

It's a pity discount coupons can't be stacked with Reward Codes.

Last edited:

John M Flores

Super Moderator
Nearly bought a new tripod but ended up getting a Shure MVL lavalier microphone because I plan on shooting more video.

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
Not sure if this even need its own thread so I'm posting it here. It appears the Oly Rewards program is ending on August, 31, 2020. If anyone is already planning on buying something from their online shop, here's a $50 off $125 or more code. Confirmed working when I tried it checking out as guest so should work for anyone.

Expires:

Looks like the USA site GetOlympus.com is down right now.... must be all you people rushing to use this coupon!

Printed some of my favorite pictures over the years. These are small postcard sized as samples, on glossy paper. I'll shortlist some of these and print bigger on matte finish.

Edit: The vertical one and right bottom are m43 shots: EM5.2 + 12-40 and EM1.2 + 50-200 SWD respectively.
20200730_124447.jpg

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom