what photography related item did you buy this week?

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
My wife uses the LED lights for her light painting of automobiles. She has several of them with batteries but they are heavy for attaching to the camera hot shoe. She likes them and never uses an on-camera flash. She has a raft of studio lights with softboxes, Beauty lights, light modifiers which she uses in her studio for portraiture, and has taken it out for events.
Wow, that’s more stuff then I have literally space to live in :p
I’m not that much into portraiture so artificial lights have never had an appeal for me, probably why I don’t even have lens faster then f 2.8.
I was thinking of using the LEDs off camera, possibly on a small Joby Gorillapodz just for macro work.

jhawk1000

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mel
Wow, that’s more stuff then I have literally space to live in :p
I’m not that much into portraiture so artificial lights have never had an appeal for me, probably why I don’t even have lens faster then f 2.8.
I was thinking of using the LEDs off camera, possibly on a small Joby Gorillapodz just for macro work.
Off topic but we have some friends from Romania and that Ovidiu is from Ploiesti. We have spent a lot of time in the Transylvania area, mainly Hunedoara, Deva, and thereabouts. My wife was able to photograph the women's jr. Olympic gymnasts at Deva and we spent 6 days photographing the entire student body, the soccer team and the track team as well as the gymnasts. I got to meet and become friends with several of the women who had participated in world championships and Olympics. Another of our dear friends left the Ploiesti area and emigrated to London where he works. I loved the history of Romania and the Roman and Dacian wars. We went to the former town of Samirzegetusa to the Roman ruins of Traian and to the outpost of Decebal at Cotesti. Probably misspelled but I try. :) One of my favorite places to visit if they would just slow the drivers down a bit. :)

Saledolce

Mu-43 Top Veteran
why was the first one released in the past?
I needed $$ to fund something:) I had recently purchased the 12-100 that is becoming my do it all lens. I believe I turned it into my PEN-F kit and some excellent m43 primes. At the time I decided to consolidate back into one system, and buy into the fast (1.4/1.2) m43 lenses. Now I'm thinking about going into a different direction: will test FF again in the "fast" primes space (I'm thinking f1.8/f2/f2.8) between UWA and 50/85mm.

Just to clarify where I stand in regard to m43:
- I'll stay m43 above 50mm or so (12-100 and 40-150 f2.8) and where I need versatility (=zoom). Maybe I will add the P100-300 (or Oly 75-300?) I've been chasing for a long time without finding the right offer.
- I will also stay m43 for my "travel light kit", I will also probably bring back an EM10 mark ii or an Em5 mark ii if I get the chance. The PEN-F is super sexy, but I like my m43 stuff a bit more ready for adventure.

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
Pentax 50mm 1.4 FA, Sigma 24mm 2.8 Sony Minolta mount, Tamron 70-300 again S/M mount, AA battery holder for the K50 and some batteries for the A380. So far failed to find a well priced 28 or 35mm in A mount and a VW camper.

Haoge grip for my em5iii. Overall I’d give it 3.5 stars out of 5. It looks well machined and has a nice finish, but the plate doesn’t snugly touch the base of the camera. Like a few reviews have implied, there is a noticeable air gap between the two even to the point where you can see daylight from one end to the other. I tried to clearance the end of the mount screw just slightly as some reviews implied they thought the screw was bottoming out inside the body before the plate had a chance to seat...but that wasn’t the case. I then applied a single piece of gaffer tape to the plate on either end in hopes that it would take up the space - nope. Just doesn’t feel very rock solid and still flexes due to not touching the camera completely along the base.

The added grip is nice. While not completely required it still helps with confidence when walking around and carrying the camera in one hand even with the smallish 12-45/4 lens mounted.

So not sure what to do. Shouldn’t return it since I did modify a screw slightly (Even though I polished it after filing slightly) but not sure I would continue using it. I really enjoyed the OEM grip I had installed on my em10ii and was hoping for a similar experience. Too bad RRS doesn’t have a grip on their plate since I’m pretty sure their execution would be spot on. I haven’t warmed up to Olympus’ version yet since I don’t have a need for a relocated shutter button. Thoughts?

Real Name
Richard
Test-driving a Yongnuo 35/2 on the D600, my kit had no compact lens options and found an $80 copy. Could find time on :mu43: but I have no aperture-control adapter.. *

never mind, I bought one of those too.. :whistling:
Which aperture control adapter did you get and how do you find it?

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)
I bought this in very good condition with less than 10k shutter actuations for considerably less than a new EM1/3 (and less than the going rate for used 1Xs on eBay) ready for whats left of this season’s motorsports
Still over 1K so bit of a risk as no Warranty included but I’m not giving up on this brand just yet 👍
I‘d forgotten how big it was until it arrived but I bought a new EM1/2 at a very good price recently so I can now sell the HLD9 which came with the EM1/2 which will subsidise the cost of the 1X to some degree and the EM1/2 can then serve as my walkaround body

Attachments

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Real Name
Randy
I bought this in very good condition with less than 10k shutter actuations for considerably less than a new EM1/3 (and less than the going rate for used 1Xs on eBay) ready for whats left of this season’s motorsports
Still over 1K so bit of a risk as no Warranty included but I’m not giving up on this brand just yet 👍
I‘d forgotten how big it was until it arrived but I bought a new EM1/2 at a very good price recently so I can now sell the HLD9 which came with the EM1/2 which will subsidise the cost of the 1X to some degree and the EM1/2 can then serve as my walkaround body
You bought a used tank, and you saved a lot in the process!

Awesome! How’s the real life battery performance on this one? EM1.2/3 already have phenomenal battery life, can’t guess how much better these ones are.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom