what photography related item did you buy this week?

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Nice! Fuji introduced the MX-600 and MX-700 (portrait orientation) in 1998, IIRC at which I time I was using Sony MAVICA FD73 which stored images on a floppy. They upgraded these to a 1.5M sensor in 1999 at which point I bought one for my dad (in the landscape orientation body) as the portrait one felt a little weird to hold. It cost a pretty penny of my $1000/mo grad student stipend. The IQ was actually surprisingly good from what I remember of it.
I still have a working FD91!
20200219_223406-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A fresh picture example:

Last edited:

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Erik
I like how the hood says "HOOD".
Just to remind you what you are handling.
It's not an original, btw. The original hood is only used on special occasions.

Are you building up to create a museum?
From what we have seen here you clearly could.
Naah. But I do have sticky fingers... 🤗

RamblinR

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Maria
I keep wanting to pick up a set, but what sizes? The Oly lenses are different sizes and the vintage lenses are different sizes yet. To get three of each I'd need to get an installment loan, and that's not a reflection on Gobe at all. If I got step up/down rings...I'd never use 'em.
I purchased 72mm ones. I will be using them on my Laowa 7.5 with step up rings and as this is so wide compared to the lens you don't see the rims in the image. The other reason for this size is that my largest lenses are this size (12-100mm & 40-150 pro) so they will work with everything. Step up rings are cheap.

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David
Olympus 12-45mm. Actually bought a month ago, but got trapped in a backlog of freight coming over from Australia. Olympus have though offered to extend the warranty, which is good.
Does look a very good size for the PEN-F. Better than the 12-40mm f2.8 which was a bit nose heavy.

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi
Well, after 3 months, I fell off the wagon. No, that's not true. I bought a used PL G Leica 12-60mm in April (to replace the kit lens that died). Anyway, I just ordered a ZS200. I wanted something small that had a decent zoom. Can't wait for it to get here!

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu

Arrived today, a camo rain cover for my backpack with silver underneath, good at deflecting sunlight on bright days. It was 2 £ off Amazon anyways.

Also got a 67mm Vivitar Series 1 metal lens cap but it won't fit on my Panny Leica 50-200mm, which means the 62mm identical lens cap that should arrive soon won't fit either so that's a shame. I keep losing the lens cap on my Panny and I got heart broken that I lost the original one (which was quite nice build quality) and now I'm worried I will lose the original Olympus one (that one is nice build quality too) so I think I will get the plastic version as replacements.

Yet to arrive are 62mm and 67mm rubber lens hoods to make the lenses more compact in my backpack and a bit lighter too.
And I found and orderd an original Pentax 49mm rubber lens hood for my 110 70mm f 2.8 and a Pentax 30.5mm rubber lens hood for 110 18mm f 2.8 along with bitting the bullet on a 80 £ (My F-in God it's pricy for what it is) Kipon Pentax 110 to M4/3 adapter. I miss playing with the little gang.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
Oh ... and forgot to mention:

FINALLY ... after doing photography for over 10 yeas only now I finally got my first photo printer.
Took advantage of Argo's 6 months pay later (no interest) plan and got me this Epson XP-970 A3 photo printer, I was thinking about the Canon iX6850 but the X models are for business where the P are for photos and I wasn't sure the IQ would stand to the level of this Epson (and the Canon was cheaper which made me a bit weary about it's capabilities). And I got a Polaroid Zip for pocketable prints on the go for friends, family and stranger when I need to impress. But I have found the prints from the Polaroid to be very overshapened and the colours to be off with crushed dark areas. (Haven't decide if I should return the Polaroid Zip or not).

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Erik
Oh ... and forgot to mention:
View attachment 825482
FINALLY ... after doing photography for over 10 yeas only now I finally got my first photo printer.
Took advantage of Argo's 6 months pay later (no interest) plan and got me this Epson XP-970 A3 photo printer, I was thinking about the Canon iX6850 but the X models are for business where the P are for photos and I wasn't sure the IQ would stand to the level of this Epson (and the Canon was cheaper which made me a bit weary about it's capabilities). And I got a Polaroid Zip for pocketable prints on the go for friends, family and stranger when I need to impress. But I have found the prints from the Polaroid to be very overshapened and the colours to be off with crushed dark areas. (Haven't decide if I should return the Polaroid Zip or not).
X-mas came early this year, no? 😂

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
How much was the Ø30.5 mm hood?

And, why, why, don't you cancel the Kipon and make a C-mount conversion?
It's fully reversible, non-destructive, and will cost way under £10.
It was shipped already :( sorry. The hood was 12 £ but the shipping was 12 £ as well because it's from USA. But at least now only the little Pentax 110 24mm f 2.8 is left in need of a hood, which might be a bit tougher to find a hood that is 25.5mm in diameter (thinking of maybe a step-up ring to 30.5mm and hood that one with another 30.5mm. I know I can do step-up rings to absurd dimensions but I don't want to make a baby Frankenstein :p )

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
X-mas came early this year, no? 😂
Indeed it has, I really needed to get out of this winter's rot of depression and lack of photography. My charity zine and this printer, along with the new Olympus gear I got in March should keep me busy and happy for some time now. I've been wanting to sell prints for some years now ... time to get to it I guess :)

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ovidiu
Sigh!
Please revisit:
https://www.mu-43.com/threads/pentax-auto-110-lens-thread.1081/post-1379765
for 24 mm hood tip!

Also found this:

View attachment 825484

Was planning to buy 10 pieces to cover my own needs, and possibly some others.
That might look a bit obscene on the little 110s:

"Where did my lens go?"

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Erik
The size of the lens hood looks about twice the diameter of the lens at the other end and about the same length ... might make your lenses look weird. It's only the 18mm f 2.8 wide enough to need such a hood, I think the rest can handle telephoto hoods.
It's a Ø30.5 mm wide angle hood, yes. No vignette worries on 36mm eq.

NoSeconds

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Troy
Finally pulled the trigger on the Sigma 56mm f1.4 for M4/3. DC Expert had it marked down to $500 AUD delivered and it turned up two days later...

It's physically a little larger than I was expecting but not out of place on the EM5mkII and I'm liking the results so far! :thumbup:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom