what photography related item did you buy this week?

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
got a half leather case for my Pen F with my initials on the side.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
itials

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Real Name
Ovidiu
@L0n3Gr3yW0lf
Pentax! Obviously a man of good taste, and an appreciation of quality goods!
About the quirky old Russians; just go for it!
You've got lots of fun ahead of you!
View attachment 822749View attachment 822750
Pictures shot on Nokia 6.1 Plus with Camera FV-5 app. DNG:s developed in Snapseed.
I forgot to ask you, how do you find the rendition of the Jupiter 11 as well as the usefulness if the 270mm focal lenght at f 4?
(I'm finding myself less enthusiastic of certain focal lenght in legacy glass because even with strong character most of these lenses come with big flaws that make them less useful most scenarios.)

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
I forgot to ask you, how do you find the rendition of the Jupiter 11 as well as the usefulness if the 270mm focal lenght at f 4?
(I'm finding myself less enthusiastic of certain focal lenght in legacy glass because even with strong character most of these lenses come with big flaws that make them less useful most scenarios.)
To be absolutely honest, I haven't really used it yet. I just pulled it out of the drawer because it looks cool, and I wanted to whet your Russian appetites.

I generally tend to prefer the fifty something lenses, or shorter focal lengths, on M4/3 for casual walk around use. But it also depends on what stage of my illness I happen to be in.

On APS-C, and bigger, it's a different story, again...

Re. rendering, what seems to one person to be a flaw, can to another seem like character.

Like the two Exakta lenses I tested yesterday and the day before. The Trioplan is objectively a worse lens than the Tessar, i.e. much less sharp. But the Trioplan is nevertheless going to be so much fun to use. And the Domiplan is even worse than the Trioplan, but still...

So, I'm probably not the best person to ask, as I've been known to use plastic lenses from "one-use-then-throw-away" cameras, door eyes, and whatever else I can lay my hands on, to take pictures through...

Regards/Erik

Last edited:
Real Name
Richard
If you have a look on the Adapted Lenses thread there a several people doing good stuff with 100mm plus vintage lenses.

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
I've demonstrated two distressing habits:
  • I cannot stop buying Pentax gear
  • I cannot use aps.c and :mu43: sufficiently to justify both
So with great reluctance I am packing up all the K-mount gear (14# of it, excluding t-mount and m42) and sending it off. I will make my 2nd kit a re-shuttered D600 and four basic lenses. It brings me a 36×24 sensor, a few other strong features - and most importantly, enough Nikon ignorance that I won't covet more for it. :thumbup:

Please God, let me remain ignorant, I cannot afford to know what I am missing! :rofl:

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I am a relapsed buyaholic. I bought a used HLD-6p from Adorama and a used HLD-8g grip from UsedPhotoPro for the EM 5ii. Not satisfied with saving quite a bit of money over new, wife blew it all by buying a drone. Not the most expensive DJI but one of the lesser ones to learn on. Nonetheless, it broke the savings routine.
Which model of drone did she buy?

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I am a relapsed buyaholic. I bought a used HLD-6p from Adorama and a used HLD-8g grip from UsedPhotoPro for the EM 5ii. Not satisfied with saving quite a bit of money over new, wife blew it all by buying a drone. Not the most expensive DJI but one of the lesser ones to learn on. Nonetheless, it broke the savings routine.
I got to go play with mine. It's been a while since I last flew.

I did my learning in an underground parking lot.
I did that so that I would not lose control of the drone and have it blown away in the wind, or zooming WAY UP and getting lost. I read a lot of these $$$ "mistakes" happening to new drone pilots.​
This also forced me to learn control, as I had no more than 10 feet vertical height to fly in, and I had to avoid the posts.​
What I want to do is get into the local high school gym and fly in there; height and lots of unobstructed air-space.

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
I've demonstrated two distressing habits:
  • I cannot stop buying Pentax gear
  • I cannot use aps.c and :mu43: sufficiently to justify both
So with great reluctance I am packing up all the K-mount gear (14# of it, excluding t-mount and m42) and sending it off. I will make my 2nd kit a re-shuttered D600 and four basic lenses. It brings me a 36×24 sensor, a few other strong features - and most importantly, enough Nikon ignorance that I won't covet more for it. :thumbup:

Please God, let me remain ignorant, I cannot afford to know what I am missing! :rofl:
First of all: OMG! How can you send off the K-mount gear instead of the Nikon? Sell the Nikon, and get a K-1 of any flavour! Seriously!
Second of all: WHERE did you send your Pentax gear? You've not got my address! This hurts!

Last edited:

Machi

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sky-Watcher Evostar 72ED.
Here it's with pistol grip which effectively allows to use it as hand-held manual focusing lens.

evostar72ed.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Could not resist a brand new PEN-F with 66 shots on the clock (delivery mileage) at about half normal price. Went for the silver as more retro, but supplier only had one of each, and someone beat be to the silver one, so settled for all black, which looks really good. Hope to pair it with the 12-45mm when it finally arrives.
View attachment 822317
I prefer the black, I have mine in a black 1/2 case with a black wrist strap. Nice and stealthy.

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Cheapskate that I am, I’m still on my ‘macro on the cheap’ set up. Latest purchase is a 37mm to 62mm step up ring so that can use my Raynox 250 on my O45 f1.8... really liking the results with the O45 so far!

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Cheapskate that I am, I’m still on my ‘macro on the cheap’ set up. Latest purchase is a 37mm to 62mm step up ring so that can use my Raynox 250 on my O45 f1.8... really liking the results with the O45 so far!
Cheap here as well, especially for very infrequently used gear.
I use an old manual 55/3.5 Micro Nikkor. Cost me less than $50.

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Cheap here as well, especially for very infrequently used gear.
I use an old manual 55/3.5 Micro Nikkor. Cost me less than $50.
I keep thinking about getting an old manual macro, but I've been using focus stacking quite a bit which becomes more difficult to do manually. I'm quite liking the results with the O45 f1.8 + Raynox 250 + 10 & 16mm macro tubes, but if I go for anything else it is likely to be a dedicated macro lens, I’m leaning towards the O60 macro but I need to get saving!

Last edited:

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I keep thinking about getting an old manual macro, but I've been using focus stacking quite a bit which becomes more difficult to do manually. I'm quite liking the results with the O45 f1.8 + Raynox 250 + 10 & 16mm macro tubes, but if I go for anything else it is likely to be a dedicated macro lens but I leaning towards the O60 macro but I need to get saving!
Yes for focus stacking you need the AF.

Sold my P100-300 (I), bought a used TZ80 (ZS60) to look at the tiny, faraway birdies with instead. No doubt I'll hate the image quality, but it cost a third of my sale price, so my wallet thanks me!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom