what photography related item did you buy this week?

ektar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Don
I just got mine as well, and want to try to figure something out that would slide along the loop. Maybe the keeper loop from a discarded belt?

As to what I've...acquired today, lens hoods for a Pentax 50/1.2, and a Nikkor 28/3.5. Does it matter that I don't have the 28 yet?

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I just got mine as well, and want to try to figure something out that would slide along the loop. Maybe the keeper loop from a discarded belt?

As to what I've...acquired today, lens hoods for a Pentax 50/1.2, and a Nikkor 28/3.5. Does it matter that I don't have the 28 yet?
Stop gap, I just put on veggies ties. Ugly, but it works.
I am thinking of going to a fabric store and looking for cloth tape/ribbon, then put in on the strap and sew it into something like a keeper loop.
The belt keeper won't work, cuz you can't take the strap apart, to get it on.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I am thinking of going to a fabric store and looking for cloth tape/ribbon, then put in on the strap and sew it into something like a keeper loop.
What I tried was those velcro ties for your PC leads to keep them together. Sort of works and better than cable ties or garden ties and you can snug them up a bit.
What I am going to try next is buy some black tape they sell in sewing shops. [bias binding tape or something] You can get it about 20 or 25mm wide, then either use stick on velcro or sew some on to make a wide wrap around tie grip that you can tighten

Real Name
Melissa
I understand Amazon's priorities. In deference to their service, I'm deferring all Amazon purchases.
I absolutely agree with their priorities. If I would have waited, I would have either put it off or forgotten altogether. It will be a nice package mid-April.

ektar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Don
I did.
But they responded like I have to design it for them.
Yeah, I had heard that others had reached out to them about the bowing loop on the Slide Lite and the Slide.

Good to know. Won't buy anything from them...
Well... They're caught somewhere between being a startup (as I understand it 100% crowd-funded) and having become trendy. They gotta know its an issue, because you can see it in some of their videos. I wonder if an appropriately sized hair-bob (loop?) would do. We can fix this.

if it had just that much elasticity it would work. Was also thinking about one of those clamp things that you use when you roll up a tube of toothpaste or such. Probably wouldn't be black though.

Last edited:

thenextpage

Mu-43 Veteran
Picked up the 2x teleconverter. I’m finding it gives the 40-150 a nice reach that will be sufficient for any wildlife shooting I may do. In the rare case that I may need a longer reach someday, I’ll rent the 300.

Real Name
Roddy
Just arrived.
The PD straps NEEDS a loop to hold the bottom part of the strap closed, when there is slack on the strap.
Really bugs me when that loop opens up on me.

View attachment 812188
Try a 1" piece of bicycle inner -tube. If it's too small, heat it in some hot water so it will stretch a little. It'll go back to its original sizes when cold. I admit to having a tube or two in the workshop all the time just to make elastic wraps for things - a whole new tube makes a lot of them :)

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
I just picked up a PL8-18 from a recent KEH sale. Hasn't arrived just yet, but it's my first try with KEH.
Other than one shipping issue when I swore I was done with them (but have since made nice) they have been pretty good. Use caution if you try to trade something in, they will likely think less of it than you do. However, that plays in when you buy. Their condition rankings are very conservative. I've bought LN, EX+, EX, and even a BGN. The bargain was in amazing condition. So far so good. You should be happy, and if not, they have a 180 day warranty on most stuff and a pretty liberal return policy.

Darmok N Jalad

Shaka, when the shutter fell
Real Name
Randy
Other than one shipping issue when I swore I was done with them (but have since made nice) they have been pretty good. Use caution if you try to trade something in, they will likely think less of it than you do. However, that plays in when you buy. Their condition rankings are very conservative. I've bought LN, EX+, EX, and even a BGN. The bargain was in amazing condition. So far so good. You should be happy, and if not, they have a 180 day warranty on most stuff and a pretty liberal return policy.
Thanks. I don't plan to trade anything in. As for shipping, they got it out the door next day, and I ordered late the night before. Even for free shipping, it seems to be on a fast pace to get here. I went with an EX+, since the sale was 12% off any EX or EX+. I'm more likely to get a used lens, but I'm not sure if I would be willing to spend as much on a used body though.

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
I did.
But they responded like I have to design it for them.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

From IKEA. Is this something you could use?

Brownie

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Tim
Thanks. I don't plan to trade anything in. As for shipping, they got it out the door next day, and I ordered late the night before. Even for free shipping, it seems to be on a fast pace to get here. I went with an EX+, since the sale was 12% off any EX or EX+. I'm more likely to get a used lens, but I'm not sure if I would be willing to spend as much on a used body though.
I don't typically trade in my own gear, but I have no problem trading someone else's! I bought a Pentax K-1000 with a 50mm F/2 off of CL and sold it to KEH for a profit. Plus when they have a trade-up sale you can get a bit more if you buy something.

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Hey another Exakta user :thumbup:

The Exakta was my first 35mm camera. Actually it was my father's camera.
So I had to get an Exakta, to play with and keep a bridge to my early days.
I'd better post the Exakta Varex II a, which I received at the same time I got the aforementioned EXA, then! Prism finder with selenium light meter and integrated uncoupled sports finder, with CZ Jena Tessar 2.8/50 mm. Serial no #904227, which places its manufacture date between 1958 - 1960.

Backdrop: Lady Mismet de Tortoise.
_PL12382-01-01.jpeg

_PL12377-01-01.jpeg

Quirky fun! And I just love the beautiful embossed logo. They don't make them like that nowadays!

Last edited:

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I'd better post the Exakta Varex II a, which I received at the same time I got the aforementioned EXA, then! Prism finder with selenium light meter and integrated uncoupled sports finder, with CZ Jena Tessar 2.8/50 mm. Serial no #904227, which places its manufacture date between 1958 - 1960.

Backdrop: Lady Mismet de Tortoise.
View attachment 812629
View attachment 812671
Quirky fun!
That's one cool cat.....I mean camera!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom