what photography related item did you buy this week?

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
40-150/2.8 from the Olympus refurb 20% off sale.
Even though I have the 12-100, there were enough times when I wanted a bit longer and a bit faster.
Besides, my Nikon 70-200/4 is in the shop for a while, and I am sure I won't like the estimate.

SpecFoto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim
Placed an offer on Greentoe that was accepted yesterday for a new EM1 MKIII @ $1,499. Excited as this will replace my long time favorite EM1 and my G9, which for whatever reason I just never seemed to get along with. Most of my lenses are Olympus, so I am glad to be back with the latest and greatest from Oly.

RickinAust

Mu-43 Veteran
Had a cheap flash diffuser that I lost. I was at Alcatraz and pocked the flash through the bars of a prison cell and when I pulled it out the diffuser caught in the bars and fell into the cell :doh:. So I have ordered the Gary Fong Gen 5 collapsible diffuser.

Real Name
Melissa
My favorite camera shop gave me a sweet deal on the Peak Design Everyday Backpack. The V2 of their Everyday line has just come out and they're trying to get rid of old stock, so they gave me an additional 10% off the already discounted price of 20% off. Woohoo!

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
40-150/2.8 from the Olympus refurb 20% off sale.
Even though I have the 12-100, there were enough times when I wanted a bit longer and a bit faster.
Besides, my Nikon 70-200/4 is in the shop for a while, and I am sure I won't like the estimate.
Buying one of the MCs to go with it would have been perfect!

Mike G

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike Gorman
Manfrotto 500AH Fluid Tripod Head and a Kirk Enterprises replacement bridge plate for this FTH
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon Z6 + Nikkor 24-70mm @ 1/25 f4 ISO1250

Last edited:

sgt08

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Scott
Two used PL8-18 lenses…

Well one at a time! The first was slightly decentered or tilted, one corner was the worst but it showed up when pixel peeping one side of the frame to the other. I thought I could have worked around it, and I don't print that large so who knows if it would even have shown up, but in the end I decided to return it. The shop gave me some trouble on their 7 day refund policy, we negotiated a rate where I had "rented" the lens for the week and I took it as a lesson learned about testing and being cautious if the price is too good to be true. At a different shop, before buying they let me take the lens out to the street, I did a quick series of decentering test shots in good light and this copy seems to be fine.

Erich_H

Mu-43 Regular
Today I got my $80 auction win delivered.

A whole lotta stuff. 4 ancient German box cameras. 4 or 5 old bellows cameras. A 6x9 cm folding plate camera from 1924, with plates. 2 small digital cameras (Olympus/Sony) with memory cards inside. And more. Also, there is film in many of the cameras, among them the Retinaflex.

Now I'm hoping for continuing lousy weather outside 🙃

I'm going to show this stuff, little after little.

First out: Agfa Click-I
_3032036-01-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Agfa Click-I was made from 1958 to 1970.
Mine was, according to the date on the case, made at the end of 1960. A simple camera taking 6x6 cm pictures on size 120 roll-film, with a single-speed shutter (~1/35 sec) and a meniscus lens.
This one is first, simply because it was not loaded.

Thanks/Erik

Addendum: the digital compacts in this box, highly out of place, both works, with former owners pictures on the cards: 1 GB XD / Olympus FE-270 and 512 MB Memory Stick Duo / Sony Cybershot DSC-S500. Like new, both of them.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom