what photography related item did you buy this week?

4Paul

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Paul Keller
Oly17/1.2 for night sky gazing, So far, in the presence of generous cloud cover, dozens of silly indoor shots confirm the outstanding sharpness and contrast of the lens even wide open. Comforting!

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Not strictly photography but definitely related... running out of room on my computer and current external drive so I ripped a hard drive out of an old laptop and bought a case for it so I can use it as a portable HD.

A used PL 100-400 finally. After much back and forth I finally bit on it. My main dilemma arose because of conflicting reviews on Olympus bodies as well as QC issues besides the well documented repair issues. Let's see, fingers crossed!

Real Name
Roel
I’ve found a MC-14 second hand in mint condition for the 40-150. Will look if this provides the reach I’m happy with for an upcoming safari or I would need to look in to a MC-20 and/or renting a 300mm pro.

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A .8 reducer for my 4" APO and a set of extension tubes (to get to the 55mm focus plane of the reducer) to be used with my astro cameras and my M43 cameras.

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
An Olympus 12-40 f/2.8 Pro lens and filter set from a member. And a Panasonic 7 - 14 from the same member. Excellent purchases, I think. Now I'm looking for a deal on either the E-M5 III or the E-M1 II, After that, my life will be complete.

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
There's a nice EM5.3 over on FM. I haven't seen any other EM5.3 for sale post.
Thanks! I'll probably buy a new body, but I want to see what the promised camera announcement does to the camera prices. If it is, indeed, an E-M1 III, and if that forces the E-M1 II prices to drop, I wonder what that does to the E-M5 III? I'm in no hurry, or maybe I'll buy an E-M1 II.

n3eg

Mu-43 Regular
12-40 f/2.8 Pro used for $450. Image quality at 40mm f/2.8 matches the 14-150 at 40mm f4.something, and I'm shooting consistently at 1.6 seconds with the E-M5III. Big advantages are the weather sealing, push-pull AF/MF eliminating reaching for a button, close focusing, fast MF (no spinning the ring several turns) and L-FN button.

I scored a mint 40-150mm f/2.8 and MC-14 yesterday ($950) from a local craigslist ad. Included tripod foot beauty ring and also a TCON-17X that the previous owner (a black magic filmmaker) said he used successfully on the front of the 40-150mm for a 150mm x 1.4 x 1.7 = 357mm focal length! I have plenty of doubts and I wonder what the final f-number is, but as long as I own the TCON and step-down ring I might as well try it, right? Look out for a moon shot in the future, if we ever see clear skies in Chicagoland again.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
I scored a mint 40-150mm f/2.8 and MC-14 yesterday ($950) from a local craigslist ad. Included tripod foot beauty ring and also a TCON-17X that the previous owner (a black magic filmmaker) said he used successfully on the front of the 40-150mm for a 150mm x 1.4 x 1.7 = 357mm focal length! I have plenty of doubts and I wonder what the final f-number is, but as long as I own the TCON and step-down ring I might as well try it, right? Look out for a moon shot in the future, if we ever see clear skies in Chicagoland again.
Take that damned beauty ring and put it in the box. I tried the ring that came with my 300 Pro and it was scary to handle the unmounted lens when I pulled it out of the camera bag. They are slippery and could contribute to a dropped lens/expensive repair bill. I use a yellow Livestrong silicone wristband over the tripod foot mounting studs when I don't have the foot mounted. It provides a good grip and easily covers the studs.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
An Olympus 12-40 f/2.8 Pro lens and filter set from a member. And a Panasonic 7 - 14 from the same member. Excellent purchases, I think. Now I'm looking for a deal on either the E-M5 III or the E-M1 II, After that, my life will be complete.
HA
GAS has only started.
It is a slippery slide down the rabbit hole. :biggrin:

40-150/2.8, 12-100/4, 300/4, 150-400/4.5 . . . . .
2nd body; EM1X-mk2
flashes
CF tripod + ball head + pan head + gimbal head

Last edited:

3dpan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Alec
The QR-120 clamp arrived today. It will fit the arca swiss rail on the base of my E-M5 II handgrip (which arrived last week), and give me some lateral movement for setting up my stereo photo rig - more to follow on that subject.

QR-120 clamp,
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And the grip to match

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom