what photography related item did you buy this week?

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
An old Sunpak Auto 121 flash from the thrift store. Very compact, I'm hoping to use it as a fill flash outdoors at car shows. If not, I'll toss it in one of my film camera bags. Grand total was $1.80.

Tywais

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mike
Finally got around to buying the MC-20 for my 40-150mm f/2.8 lens. Quite happy with it so far after using for 1 day.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Roel
Nice! I'm also contemplating which TC te get for the 40-150. I''m indecisive between the 1.4x and 2X. Still not 100% sure what would be best for an upcoming safari.. Or a 300 f4 but that's in a whole other ballpark regarding weight/size and price of course.

ektar

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Don
It's been a while since I've been to confessional... um, this thread. I don't think I've been too spendthrifty. Scored a couple of OE batteries for the E-M1.2 from one of our fine members. Had been watching for a CF tripod (that the "need" for is questionable), and found a Manfrotto 4-section 190 series with a magnesium ball head.

Speaking of shipping, that one went to the office so it could quietly find its way home in the dark recesses of the trunk. SWMBO doesn't mind...honest.

Last edited:

Brownie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tim
Speaking of shipping, that one went to the office so it could quietly find its way home in the dark recesses of the trunk. SWMBO doesn't mind...honest.
Just have a friend bring it to your house and have him thank you for loaning him this old lens. Make sure she's there.

Real Name
Richard
It's been a while since I've been to confessional... um, this thread. I don't think I've been too spendthrifty. Scored a couple of OE batteries for the E-M1.2 from brother one of our fine members. Had been watching for a CF tripod (that "need" for which is questionable), and found a Manfrotto 4-section 190 series with a magnesium ball head.

My major purchases often come from Hong Kong and are delivered by DPD. If you have the phone app, you can track package progress and stalk the van driver street-by-street. I usually intercept him on our drive before he rings the doorbell and hide the package in the garage.

mumu

Mu-43 Veteran
Yes, I too have left stuff in the trunk when I got home, only to unload it in the dark, when SWMBO is watching TV. ;-) I just don't want to have to rationalize my purchasing habits to someone who isn't suffering from G.A.S.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yes, I too have left stuff in the trunk when I got home, only to unload it in the dark, when SWMBO is watching TV. ;-) I just don't want to have to rationalize my purchasing habits to someone who isn't suffering from G.A.S.
You just have to reciprocate in kind, with shiney sparkly stuff . . . IOW jewelry. :biggrin:

Real Name
Mel
Bought a Lenovo Yoga 12.5" laptop with intel i7, 16 gb of DDR 4 ram, 512 GB SSD, touch screen and a stylus to draw images on or write on the computer. Bought it for the studio to use to show photos to clients on the big screen TV for their approval. Connected with HDMI, it is much easier than the old way of a projector or a much slower computer.

Bought a Lenovo Yoga 12.5" laptop with intel i7, 16 gb of DDR 4 ram, 512 GB SSD, touch screen and a stylus to draw images on or write on the computer. Bought it for the studio to use to show photos to clients on the big screen TV for their approval. Connected with HDMI, it is much easier than the old way of a projector or a much slower computer.
Good call. I was recently in the market for small laptop and was surprised that a lot of newer slim and small models do not have HDMI port at all. They ask you to use USB-C to HDMI dongle or such. I finally found a 13 inch Dell which was small enough and also had HDMI.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
OK, I guess someone will say, "not another bag!" But this one I'm really happy with :yahoo:Most back packs I have are either too big or too small...........this is spot on for my purposes. Bought for carrying my fishing gear when walking the sand flats or estuaries for AUS$65 I thought that it could double to also carry camera gear when out fishing. As shown, the top deck is holding a 10mkll with 12-40pro and an 5mkll with 75-300. If I want it purely for photography then I can leave the tackle trays at home and fit another combo (or even two) in the lower deck. The "top deck floor" can also be removed to make one deeper backpack for other purposes. It's fairly well padded and well made and the pockets are big enough to house extra smallish lenses or tackle. There are similar a bit cheaper but they don't come with the tackle trays. One of my best buys!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lixada-Fishing-Tackle-Bag-Backpack-Fishing-Lures-Bait-Box-Storage-Bag-with-P3U0/193164560442?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600a.jpg

m.jpg

P1220188.jpg

Last edited:

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
OK, I guess someone will say, "not another bag!" But this one I'm really happy with :yahoo:Most back packs I have are either too big or too small...........this is spot on for my purposes. Bought for carrying my fishing gear when walking the sand flats or estuaries for AUS$65 I thought that it could double to also carry camera gear when out fishing. As shown, the top deck is holding a 10mkll with 12-40pro and an 5mkll with 75-300. If I want it purely for photography then I can leave the tackle trays at home and fit another combo (or even two) in the lower deck. The "top deck floor" can also be removed to make one deeper backpack for other purposes. It's fairly well padded and well made and the pockets are big enough to house extra smallish lenses or tackle. There are similar a bit cheaper but they don't come with the tackle trays. One of my best buys!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lixada-Fishing-Tackle-Bag-Backpack-Fishing-Lures-Bait-Box-Storage-Bag-with-P3U0/193164560442?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
View attachment 797994
View attachment 797995
View attachment 797992
View attachment 797993
Does the top/Bottom divider zip in or use velcro? If the zips are good quality it looks good for the price.

You must have started a rush they have none left, but looks like they only had 6

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
Does the top/Bottom divider zip in or use velcro? If the zips are good quality it looks good for the price.

You must have started a rush they have none left, but looks like they only had 6
It's velcroed in but it takes some shifting! The zips are good too and it's pretty good all round. Aussie sellers are selling the same and are asking $115 but there's some here from China: https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Fishing+Tackle+Bag+Backpack+Fishing+Lures+Bait+Box+Storage+Bag+with+P3U0&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=Tackle+backpack

Mine came from China in 6 days!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom