what photography related item did you buy this week?

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Just an ecg1 grip for the em-10. That's all, nothing else. Certainly not the silver 20/1.7, I'm seeking a 25mm.

Ouch, stop twisting my arm, I'll take the 20 too :eek:
Never had a silver one, that makes all the difference!

p.s. 12/9 -- ah cr@p I won the Rokinon fisheye..

Last edited:

mumu

Mu-43 Veteran
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

An Osmo Pocket! We're headed to Japan in the spring and I wanted a small, stabilized video camera that would work well for night-time city streets and indoors. This will fill that requirement. Smaller and more convenient to use than a gimbal for my phone or cameras. Bought it used because I'm 99% certain that they'll come out with an improved version in 2020 that will be much more suited to my preferences.

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Just snapped up an "almost unused" Voigtlander Bessa T anniversary set on eBay, I intend to most likely sell off the 50mm f3.5 Heliar lens and keep the body and (probably) viewfinder, then stick a cheap screw mount fifty on it with adapter. I'm just too darn curious about the T and 50mm Heliar. I have to at least hold it and try it, and it's not like I'm going to find one anywhere else. Thank goodness for PayPal's 6-mo no interest :rolleyes:

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Veteran
There was a sale on SanDisk and Lexer cards at Amazon yesterday, so I added 2 128GB UHS-1 V30 Sandisk Extreme cards to my list.

A few days ago, I received a used Panasonic HC-V770 camcorder from keh.com (during a Black Friday sale) to allow me to take second camera videos, all controlled by my smartphone. I have a tripod pan/tilt head that also works with a wifi controller, so I can pan, tilt, and zoom all remotely.

It would be nice if Olympus or Panasonic would release newer lenses that allow me to zoom remotely via the remote app. But the 4 lenses that have electronic zoom are all rather slow and getting long in the tooth.

Thai-Mike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Michael
Not much

AllanG

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Allan
I have a nice set of Nikon lenses that I used in my film days that I have also used on my M43 bodies and I wondered how they would perform on a FF body. After a long time looking I managed to get a little used Sony A7R II to complement my desire for landscape photography.
On its arrival I purchased an adapter, extra batteries and a Meike power grip. After getting used to the setup I managed to do a few test images to see if my Nikon lenses (28mm; 50mm and a 70-150mm zoom) were any good with with the Sony.
Very happy with the FF sensor and the lenses - just have to get away and do some landscapes now

Mike G

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike Gorman
I too received a lenshood today to fit a Panasonic 25mm 1.7 lens, purchased to try and fit to the PLeica 25mm 1.4 Lens but it don’t fit!
So if anyone wants a cheap lenshood to fit on the P 25mm 1.7, cross my palm with £5 plus a £1.50 postage and it will wing its way to you.

Neil Harris

Mu-43 Regular
E-M1 Mark II during the Black Friday sale. I visited my local camera store to look at the heavily discounted Pana G9, but it proved too large and it lacks some photography-centric features I valued (I have little interest in the G9s video capabilities). The store had just got in the E-M5 III to demo, so I was keen to get hands-on since it seemed like the ideal upgrade from my E-M10 III. Despite the E-M5 III's technical excellence, I was underwhelmed by the E-M5 III's handling and ergonomics. The E-M5 III and E-M10 III are virtually identical in size, weight, and layout, so to me the handling of the E-M5 III felt almost identical to that of the E-M10 III. I was expecting an ergonomic/handling improvement over the E-M10 III. I also found that the shape of the rear thumb rest on the E-M5 III made it more difficult to operate the rear dial (Peter Forsgård also raised this point in his YouTube video). The sales associate sensing my disappointment in the E-M5 III promptly handed me the E-M1 Mark II, which was only priced $100 more than the E-M5 III, and wow what a revelation! The E-M1 Mark II felt perfect in-hand, with solid, quality construction. It balanced perfectly with my 12-40/f2.8 and the larger rear button controls made operating it so much easier. Furthermore, the E-M1 II is not a lot larger than the E-M5 III; about 1 cm wider, 0.5 cm taller, and with a non-pancake lens attached is only about 0.5 cm deeper. The E-M1 II is clearly heavier than the E-M5 III (160 g more), but the substantial, ergonomic grip, longer battery life, and greater customization of the E-M1 II outweigh the weight penalty for me. Unsurprisingly, I brought the E-M1 Mark II, and I shall be taking it with me next week on a two-week vacation to New Zealand!!! ✈🇳🇿📷

mfturner

Mu-43 Regular
I just received an old E-PM1 along with a 9mm BCL to use for hiking and trail running.

The PM1 is a cheap experiment, the battery matches the batteries I have for my E-M10.3. I take the M10 hiking and while it's a great camera for that, I'd like something cheaper and more disposable in case I slip and fall on it. I'd love for it to fit in my Nathan running belt, we'll see, it will at least slip more easily into my waist pack with either the BCL or the EZ 14-42

And the BCL is just because...

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Dell wireless mouse.WM615.
Dell XPS15. OLED screen. i7. 16gb, 4gb graphics card. 512gb SSD. Windows 10. Thinking of buying Luminar 4. A friend suggests DXO? No rush.

Neil Harris

Mu-43 Regular
Dell wireless mouse.WM615.
Dell XPS15. OLED screen. i7. 16gb, 4gb graphics card. 512gb SSD. Windows 10. Thinking of buying Luminar 4. A friend suggests DXO? No rush.
I purchased Luminar 3 (Windows), which has some great features, last year, but it was buggy and at times almost unusable for the first 4 months after the initial release. It's mostly stable now, but can be still quite slow when switching between edited images. I wouldn't buy Luminar 4 at its initial release. The Luminar forums are full of complaints of instability and bugs; wait to see if patches resolve these issues.

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
Got a Panasonic 25mm 1.7 on a belated Black Friday deal -
Makes for a nice combo as shown on the E-P5 -

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom