what photography related item did you buy this week?

barry13

Mu-43.com Editor
Real Name
Barry
Borrowlenses.com has a pre-USA Thanksgiving 'Black Friday' sale on used equipment going on through December 3rd.

I saw they had a pearstone Duo battery charger for Canon batteries for $12. Pearstone was evidently the B&H brand name for Watson batteries and chargers in the past. Normally the charger sells for $80 new, and usually in the high $50's used. The Duo charger charges two batteries with independent charging for each battery at once, using separate charging plates for each battery type. I like it because it tells me what the charge level of the battery is as it is charging it.

Since Watson batteries are my favorite 3rd party battery, I figured for $12, I'll now be able to charge up to 4 batteries at a time. This is useful when I do things like renaissance faires, where I can go through several batteries in a days shooting on several cameras, and I have to charge the batteries overnight on Saturday for the Sunday show.

Note, I don't charge official Olympus BLN-1 batteries in the Watson, due to the nominal voltage charge differences between the official BLN battery and the third party batteries like the Watson. But I do have some Watson BLN batteries that go well in the charger.

While there, I picked up some Olympus BLN and BLS used batteries ($30 for 2 BLNs and 2 BLSs). Given it is coming off of a rental, they may or may not be worth it. We'll see.

Since Borrowlenses has a Massachusetts office (in Waltham), I'll save shipping charges and pick them up in person.

I'm still debating getting the E-m5 mark III. I suspect I will go for it eventually due to the OLED viewfinder and weather sealing. Maybe this weekend at my brick & mortar store I'll go for it (Hunts in Melrose, MA), maybe not.
Hi, how much are the charger plates for Oly batteries?

edit: nevermind, I guess BL is sold out of the chargers now (although they still have one for rent).

Here's a link to the site, if anyone is interested: https://www.borrowlenses.com/category/gear-for-sale

Last edited:

Julia

Mu-43 Top Veteran
The GX85 to compliment my G9. I LOVE my G9, and I am getting into street photography; the deal for the GX85 was too good to pass up. My G9 will be my main camera, but the (much smaller) body of the 85 will make it much easier for me (since I am working on getting over the fear of urban shooting).
SAME :laugh: Bought a GX85 to compliment my EM1.1 as a second body, and to test the Panasonic waters :)

Bif

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bruce Foreman
Flashpoint Evolv200 kit. I've got a pair of monolights (Alienbees B800's) but at 81 they are now a bit much for me to lug around along with a camera bag, lightstands, and modifiers. The flashpoint kit is a lot more compact and I can often get along with one stand and light. This will work in either TTL or manual mode and is fully compatible with the R2 flash and triggers I also have.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

AlexMachine

Mu-43 Veteran
Going to buy Olympus 40-150 f2.8 pro + 1.4 teleconverter tomorrow.
Got a good offer, but want to check black friday prices out, just in case.

Real Name
Cynthia
SAME :laugh: Bought a GX85 to compliment my EM1.1 as a second body, and to test the Panasonic waters :)
Julia, I was planning on getting a second camera—and was actually thinking of the Oly oemd10, but when the P85 came on sale, I took advantage of it. I love the Panasonic menu system—very similar to Canon. I am selling all of my Canon gear, though, too heavy. Love the 4/3rds systems.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Sirui T-005SK with B00K head.

I seem to be buying smaller and smaller tripods, and without going table top this is about as small as a usefull one can get I think.

felipegeek

Mu-43 Enthusiast
Real Name
Felipe
Just paid for an E-M1 bought from a forum member at a very reasonable price and low shutter count. The last one I bought from another forum member had close to 50K on it and I put another 16K before the shutter started sticking in moderately cold weather. Need to learn how to lube a shutter or take it to a 3rd party shop to see what it costs to do.

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
Sirui T-005SK with B00K head.

I seem to be buying smaller and smaller tripods, and without going table top this is about as small as a usefull one can get I think.
I just got a Sirui B-00k head as a mini ballhead replacement for the one that came with my Benro Slim tripod. I'm quite impressed with this little guy.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I just got a Sirui B-00k head as a mini ballhead replacement for the one that came with my Benro Slim tripod. I'm quite impressed with this little guy.
I purchased another quick release plate that did not need a hex key to attach and that makes the head easier to use. I will have to buy a few more of them.

I purchased mine from here, got two but one was machined the wrong way up. There is a picture of it somewhere in this topic

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-TY-C10-Aluminum-Quick-Release-Plate-Fit-for-Mirrorless-Camera-Arca-Swiss/132825223158?hash=item1eed000ff6:g:zQ8AAOSwR~tbyfWC

Lupin 3rd

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Fuji X-E2 and Meike 28/2.8.

Trying out a compact rangefinder style camera for street / documentary photography.

Shahjee

New to Mu-43
Now , Canon 1D M III is going to retire. Looking for a good deal for P 100-400 in Canada.

Jon Li

Mu-43 Regular

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom