what photography related item did you buy this week?

m4c

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Ondrej
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After few years with sony full frame, I´m coming back to micro 4/3. Just got my Panasonic gx800 and 25 mm 1,7 from pana. Full frame was great, but kit was almost as big as DSLR, so I decided, that I need something small again, so I can take it with me more often again

is this the one? I like their stealthy styling and weather sealing.

https://www.wandrd.com/collections/coming-soon/products/duo-daypack
That's a more recent one... the one I got in on was the Veer 18... shown here
63f49bd259d04c04b68a805b_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.1.png

Of course I couldn't resist the lure of these little babies either...

8e47867fc5ddf7120bc22a83_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.1.png

And, the real reason I was attracted to WANDRD was because of their PRVKE21 bag... shown below... and yes... I bit on that one too...

k_2000x_0ea33f52-9ae8-4bb7-b17a-969f1d356d63_2000x.jpg

So, that's got to be it for bags for awhile... doesn't it?

Last edited:

DaveJP

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
David Plumb
I just bought a Panasonic Leica 15mm f1.7 lens. I've seen so much praise for it, on this forum and online, and with £100 cashback from Panasonic at present you can buy a new one for the same price as secondhand, so it just seemed the right time to go for it. My intention is to use it as part of a simple, fast, lightweight trio that includes the Pana Leica 25mm f1.4 and my Sigma 56mm f1.4. I haven't tried it out properly yet, but if it ever stops raining here in the UK I'll get out and take some pictures. I do have one comment however, I wish the aperture ring had a lock on the ‘A' setting; it's very easy to swivel it when removing, or fitting the lens to the camera. Please feel free to confirm I did the right thing.

MPrince

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Matt Prince
Just picked up the Oly 25 1.8. I like to use zooms for outdoor/travel/casual photography and primes for studio photography. Prior to buying the 25 my only mft prime was the 45 1.8 which was sometimes too long for studio work. The 25 is a nice solution to that problem.

Real Name
Roddy
Snagged a GX8 this morning on FleaBay after an email from them saying an item I had looked at recently had no bids and was closing in 8 minutes. It is the first time I have ever seen an email like that from them, but after conferring with the chief financial officer (I suspect she was still half asleep) I slapped in the minimum bid at 4 minutes and counting, and it turned out to be a done deal 4 minutes later! Not quite the entertainment I was expecting over my cornflakes but heck, I hope I like the camera!

I also hope I can recover the costs by selling some gear as I was not quite expecting to buy anything for a few months, but it was an opportunity not to be passed up. Only 2000 clicks on the clock, two batteries and just €9 postage from Paris. It will be a decent upgrade over my G6 which is from 2013 and has nearly 200,000 actuations :D

Real Name
Roddy
GX8s are somewhat uncommon for some reason. I see all other Pana bodies in abundance but not GX8.
It's my understanding it's an excellent camera, but a rangefinder in Pen F territory, and badly hampered by a shutter-shock rumour that amounts to very little in real life. I also think Panasonic would like it to go away as it did not sell as they hoped. Those who have one seem to love it. Both Thorpe and Laing rate it very highly, which is good enough for a klutz like me. It apparently is not good for sports or BIF, but does a wonderful job at pretty much everything else. I am looking forward to using the tilt OLED viewfinder for macro, rather a lot!

Feel free to correct me :)

Last edited:
Real Name
Amol
It's my understanding it's an excellent camera, but a rangefinder in Pen F territory, and badly hampered by a shutter-shock rumour that amounts to very little in real life. I also think Panasonic would like it to go away as it did not sell as they hoped. Those who have one seem to love it. Both Thorpe and Laing rate it very highly, which is good enough for a klutz like me. It is not good for sports or BIF, but does a wonderful job at pretty much everything else. I am looking forward to using the tilt OLED viewfinder for macro, rather a lot!

Feel free to correct me :)
You are spot on. Shutter shock is the only -ve I have heard but there are some diehard fans for that camera so it must have a lot going for it. I am myself interested in getting one if they ever have it at good price on eBay (I collected some giftcards over the years that I will like to spend). I haven't seen GX8 for sale here.

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
Very clean Olympus Zuiko 14-54 II at a good price - Performs well on my EM 1 Mkii -
Doesn't have the original hood and the lens hood from the first version doesn't fit -
Does anyone have a spare lens hood LH 70D or know of an equivalent?
The one shown does not allow the use of the pinch lens cap -

threeOh

Mu-43 Regular
I was just sucked in by my love for small devices. Started bidding in the last minute. Bought a GM1. Stuck a 15/1.7 on it. Feels like it did when I ditched my D800 for a Fuji X-100. This is so much fun.

Patrick02

Mu-43 Regular
The Godox X1 trigger

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom