what photography related item did you buy this week?

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
not sure what is your style of photography but I would have trouble with just cameras without a viewfinder, especially in the Queensland bright sun.
I find that composing on the rear screen works only for snapshots or "shooting from the hip". For anything else I would pair any of your cameras with an VF-4.
Agree but I had a viewfinder previously and found it rather clumsy and defeating the object of "going smaller" and being less obtrusive. I'll pair these with my faster lenses mainly for night photography where sunlight won't be a problem and "shooting from the hip" street photography.

Steph

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Stephane
My new photography Workstation to replace my 6 year old Lenovo Yoga. A Lenovo X1 extreme with 4k screen, i7 8750h, 32gb ram, win 10 pro,1tb ssd and nvidia GPU.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 23yrs ago
Another bargain from Gumtree. Crumpler Cashgar unused for Aus$20 :) That silly clumpy padding on the strap can go though!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mack

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Do cellphones with cameras count? :confused-53:

My 4-year old Samsung S6 Edge slipped out of my pocket onto the concrete. Fell maybe 3 feet. Was in its case, but it hit on a corner and still busted up the screen like a car windshield. :(

Replaced with a Samsung S10+ that has 5 cameras in it: One telephoto and a couple of wides. Couple of other front ones too, but I don't know what one does yet. I'll think of it as getting five cameras for the price of one Olympus Pro lens. :hide:

Luckily, the store managed to move most all of the stuff into the new one in maybe 30 minutes. Some of the apps took a lot of updates so I guess they put them out depending on the Android version. Old ones get parked maybe and never update. Dunno.

Real Name
Deryck
A E-M5 ii in a grey import clearance sale. Yes I would prefer a iii, but it will be my second camera and I couldn't really justify the extra £800. But it does mean I can grab a coupled of small prime lenses with the money I saved.

ektar

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Don
Resistance is futile: Super Takumar 24mm f3.5
with case
and
dedicated clamp-on metal lens hood
with it's own case!!!

These things stand as a testament to the days when things were beautifully made...because that's how it should be.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
A used Vanguard Alta Pro tripod!
Got it for a song because of play in the centre column. 30 seconds with a hex key was all it took...
It's a real beauty, came with a nice ball head and two release plates. :)

Steveee

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Steve
An “as new” ECG-3 (or E-CG3?) arrived today for my beloved 10-ii, at a very reasonable price from MPB, thinking it might improve the handling a little - not that I was having any problem, really.

Now it’s here, it’s absolutely as described, fits perfectly, but I’m not sure it’s done anything for the handling.

I’ll keep it on for a while, but maybe....just maybe.... I’ve been GASsed!

Macroramphosis

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Roddy
Ha - I'm almost with you, Richard. I have a 42.5 f1.7 on the way :D I'm figuring it will do me nicely for court-side indoor tennis this winter better than the Sigma 60 (which I will still keep, probably.....). I take it you will be parting with the 56mm?

Real Name
Richard
Ha - I'm almost with you, Richard. I have a 42.5 f1.7 on the way :D I'm figuring it will do me nicely for court-side indoor tennis this winter better than the Sigma 60 (which I will still keep, probably.....). I take it you will be parting with the 56mm?
Yes. In an ideal world I would keep both, but I'm mindful of the fact that I'm very good at hoarding things that I no longer need. The 56 is a very good lens, but the reality is that it's very unlikely to see the light of day ever again.

tenuis

New to Mu-43
An used Olympus 25mm f/1.2, the most expensive lens I’ve ever bought, by (really) far. I’ve found almost every picture I’ve seen made with this lens magical, it had to be mine.

It’s heavy, it’s beautiful, and the rendering is otherworldly. Weirdly, it doesn’t fix the need for interesting subjects though... :whistling:

Real Name
Richard
An used Olympus 25mm f/1.2, the most expensive lens I’ve ever bought, by (really) far. I’ve found almost every picture I’ve seen made with this lens magical, it had to be mine.

It’s heavy, it’s beautiful, and the rendering is otherworldly. Weirdly, it doesn’t fix the need for interesting subjects though... :whistling:
You'll get lovely pictures of the cat with that one.

magIBIS

Mu-43 Veteran
1. Pentacon six TL + Zeiss Biometar 80 2.8
Together with three friends I'm preparing an exhibition on cyanotype prints made through an enlarger - full analog. We will use small, middle and big format negatives. Beeing in this process I could not resist the 6x6-beauty exposed in a local shop (that is closing this week after 80 years of existence).

2. M42 makro rings and reverse ring
It makes my Flektogon 35 2.4 a 3x makro for beginners on my E-M1. Playtime.

3. 0.42mm pinhole of anodized brass foil
I am constructing a 125° (diagonal) wide angle camera for 30x40cm negatives. It will be equivalent to 9mm on full frame. Should make some nice direct copies (1:1 cyanotype). Hope I manage.

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
Bought a used Benro TSL08CN00 Slim CF travel tripod. UsedPhotoPro had a 20% off sale coupon, so I bit. Unfortunately, they don't ship free to Hawaii. Oh well, as someone once said, that's the price of Paradise! 🎃

It'll be a little longer than my MeFoto Roadtrip when folded, but it'll be 1.4 lb lighter and slimmer, so should be easy to pack around. Easier to carry certainly.

Attachments

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom