what photography related item did you buy this week?

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
Bought on evilbay 4-5 weeks ago but just arrived. Thought I'd pair it with something a little odd -

The adapters were shot with the Nikon lens (at f5.6) and roughly the same distance away - so the Viltrox with a cheap Nikon/M43 adapter and the cheap Nikon/M43 adapter was shot with the Viltrox. I didn't adjust the IS so theres not a lot of point zooming in. Intrigued to try this out on some of my lenses over the next few months.
Nice! I had some old but fast m42 mount manual focus primes, but I cant remember for the life of me what I did with them. I think it was a 55mm F1.4 Super Takumar and a Helios.

Ive also been looking at picking up a PEN with a 12-32 pancake, but Id rather just not shoot if I dont have a viewfinder. Been looking for a GX85 for a steal lately.

Leo_B

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leo
I just ordered the silver 12f2 from KEH also. That's quite a good deal, just over $400 with taxes in Exc+ condition with caps and hood. A full 40% less than a new one from Olympus for a lens that's probably at least 95% condition. Not a bad deal at all. I just wish they had another lens or two on clearance I'd want.

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
I wanted to see how much better this OM Zuiko is than the 55/1.2 that I have. So I made an offer on one on evilBay that I was sure would be refused, but it wasn't!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So I'll be getting rid of one of these as soon as I test them, although the 55/1.2 has its own charm.

Real Name
Amol
An update on Kastar dual charger for EM1.2 batteries and dual charger- After first one (charger) died immediately, they sent me another one free of cost and let me keep the original one. The second one died in 2 days too in exact same fashion (port # 2 dead). So now I have two dual chargers each one charging just one battery at a time.

Another thing to note, the Kastar batteries get charged only with the crappy Kastar slow charger. They don't get charged with Olympus' OEM charger for some reason.

All in all, a below par, abysmal experience. I have nothing against cheap batteries off of Amazon (I have a lot of other cheapos for my other bodies working very well) but these are especially bad - buyers beware.

Rrybicki

Innocent bystander
Real Name
Russ Rybicki
Just got a 300 f/4 and TC 14 from our friends at MPB. Went all in and traded my D500 and 300 PF for them. Arrived today and I tried a couple backyard shots.
Holy cow, is this thing fast and sharp...

Russ

Rrybicki

Innocent bystander
Real Name
Russ Rybicki
Brave man! I thought about it once but then I hold it in hand and I can't let it go. IMO it is one of the most comfortable cameras to handle.
Yup, spent a good portion of the summer A/B-ing the two systems and simply liked the pictures that I was getting out of Olympus better. Plus the smaller size and longer reach of the Oly was a bonus. And while the ergonomics may not be quite as nice as the D500, they are still very good.

I am sure that if I regret my decision, Nikon will sell me another D500... If I ask very nice.

Cheers,

Russ

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
I have one that I am thinking of selling. If you are interested PM me and we can talk. It is just too small for my liking.
I appreciate the offer, im still digging into my options and what route I want to take at the moment, but ill definitely reach out if I decide to go that way. Im trying to be less impulsive.

Just got a 300 f/4 and TC 14 from our friends at MPB. Went all in and traded my D500 and 300 PF for them. Arrived today and I tried a couple backyard shots.
Holy cow, is this thing fast and sharp...

Russ
Yup, spent a good portion of the summer A/B-ing the two systems and simply liked the pictures that I was getting out of Olympus better. Plus the smaller size and longer reach of the Oly was a bonus. And while the ergonomics may not be quite as nice as the D500, they are still very good.

I am sure that if I regret my decision, Nikon will sell me another D500... If I ask very nice.

Cheers,

Russ
Im surprised to hear you say that over the 300PF, ive been looking over the fence for a while now at Nikon and thats a highly recommended setup. Ive been contemplating my options as to how I want to spend my money and im having a hard time justifying the 300Pro as I want to dip my toes in FF, or maybe APS-C mirrorless if Nikon brings something nice to the table. Ive also considered Fuji as well.

Im doing my best to just wait it out right now and see what happens over the next 6 months.

Last edited:

tonyturley

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I traded some Fuji gear to mpb for a mint GX9. I also have a PL 15/1.7 arriving today. I'm going to use a legacy Pen F 38/1.8 as my short telephoto on the GX9.

sbm

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Sam
I ordered some extras for my OP/TECH sling (spare loop connectors and some velcro securing straps), tactical pants, knee pads to insert into those pants... oh and a Lumix 35-100 ƒ2.8 is on the way! *goes to watch for the UPS truck*

Neil Harris

Mu-43 Regular
B+W 46MM XS-PRO Clear with Multi-Resistant Nano Coating (007M) for my O60/2.8. I'm constantly poking the front element of the O60 with plant parts while shooting macro, so I'm trying to protect it.

Real Name
Amol
Mitakon Zhongyi 20mm f/2 Super Macro 4.5x.

A very interesting looking lens which only does 4x to 4.5x magnification (so no infinity shots). I just checked and the glass elements are smaller than US penny, that thing is one extension ring stacked on another and nothing much. Let's see!

ektar

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Don
I suppose I should take pics, and to be precise, it wasn't today, but...

Adding to the Takumar stable: SMC Takumar 300mm f4.0 and SMC Takumar 85mm f1.9.

Don't go looking for/at shooting with these. They are a joy and an affliction.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom