what photography related item did you buy this week?

mcrosa

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mike Crosa
And, we also got a new studio in the artsy part of the city and wife already has contracts for photographing a neighboring Tattoo parlor and their work, a contract for some light painting on some very exotic cars in a restoration garage next door. They have several restored Ferraris, 4 XKE Coupes, XKE Convertible, a Cobra and other lesser things such as Porsches. Here is a photo of my Porsche in her new studio which has overhead doors to get cars in and out. I have had this since it was brand new in 1980.View attachment 768090
Love the car!

NoSeconds

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Troy
I bought this, directly from Laowa:
View attachment 769605
That room that looks like a small bedroom is actually a small bathroom. And the ceiling light was actually behind the camera!

Sorry for the dark image. I forgot I had -1EV exposure compensation dialled in.
I’d be very interested in your initial impressions of this lens.... :thumbup:

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
your initial impressions of this lens…
… are quite good. Fit and finish are good, with all-metal body and nicely fitting mount.

My only minor disappointment is the painted markings, rather than engraved. The slip-on body cap friction-fits right on the markings, and I'm sure they'll show wear (or even disappear) over time.

But for the price, I'm not complaining.

I'm going to post a comparison between this, the Sigma 4.5/2.8, and the Meike 6.5/2 cropped circular fisheye, Any Day Now™.

phigmov

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Bought on evilbay 4-5 weeks ago but just arrived. Thought I'd pair it with something a little odd -

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The adapters were shot with the Nikon lens (at f5.6) and roughly the same distance away - so the Viltrox with a cheap Nikon/M43 adapter and the cheap Nikon/M43 adapter was shot with the Viltrox. I didn't adjust the IS so theres not a lot of point zooming in. Intrigued to try this out on some of my lenses over the next few months.

stevedo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve Douglas
I purchased 3 x Gobe ND filters. ND8, ND64 and ND1000 in 72mm to fit my 40-150 PRO and a step-up ring to fit them on my 12-40 PRO.

Also purchased a ZOMEi Z669C carbon fibre travel tripod.

And 3 x Samsung 2TB SSD. A master for photos and documents, one as a backup and the third for videos. All to be used on our ongoing round the world motorcycle adventure.

Yes, it was an expensive week :)

Last edited:

Leo_B

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Leo
And, we also got a new studio in the artsy part of the city and wife already has contracts for photographing a neighboring Tattoo parlor and their work, a contract for some light painting on some very exotic cars in a restoration garage next door. They have several restored Ferraris, 4 XKE Coupes, XKE Convertible, a Cobra and other lesser things such as Porsches. Here is a photo of my Porsche in her new studio which has overhead doors to get cars in and out. I have had this since it was brand new in 1980.View attachment 768090
Beautiful car. I had a 1975 Guards Red 911S bought new by my dad and handed down to me about 18 months later when he got tired of shifting. I had it until 1984 when a new baby made it pretty impractical. Yours looks straight off the showroom floor new. Just beautiful.

Real Name
Mel
More stuff for the wife's studio: An Aputure LED Light for her light painting ventures, 2 Sony Batteries, and charger for the LED light, and a Vello wireless remote control for Olympus. Light and remote from B&H and batteries from eBay.

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
Thanks. After wearing glasses for 8 yrs it's just great to be without them and to look through a viewfinder unhindered.
I wore glasses or contacts from age 5 to ~50, until I had cataract surgery in my right eye, and LASIK in my left. Ended up with 20/20 in my left and 20/30 in my right, and for the first time in many decades, was free of glasses except for reading glasses. I was getting pretty tired of contacts too. Hallelujah for the unhindered view. :)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom