what photography related item did you buy this week?

Real Name
Mel
We bought a Vello FreeWave Plus Wireless Remote Shutter Release (For Select Panasonic, Olympus) and an Amaran Bi-Color LED Floodlight for Light painting by my wife in her studio. Also, ordered 3 UHS-II Lexat 1000X SD Cards (32gb).

Real Name
Mel
And, we also got a new studio in the artsy part of the city and wife already has contracts for photographing a neighboring Tattoo parlor and their work, a contract for some light painting on some very exotic cars in a restoration garage next door. They have several restored Ferraris, 4 XKE Coupes, XKE Convertible, a Cobra and other lesser things such as Porsches. Here is a photo of my Porsche in her new studio which has overhead doors to get cars in and out. I have had this since it was brand new in 1980.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Joris

Mu-43 Regular
A new tripod. Having lost some good shots because of jitter problems most probably related to my 30 year old Manfrotto 190B, after visiting these rankings :

https://thecentercolumn.com/rankings/
https://thecentercolumn.com/head-rankings/ball-head-rankings/

I succumbed to this kit : leophoto EF-324C + ball head LH-40 for 369€ - 10% = 332,10 €
It seems to be the most solid tripod for a relatively modest sum. It might be overkill for my Lumix GX80.

https://www.missnumerique.com/leofoto-kit-trepied-photo-ef-324c-rotule-lh-40-p-44153.html
https://www.amazon.com/Leofoto-LS-324C-Tripod-Section-Profile/dp/B0789H3J9D/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_421_t_0/140-5635026-4842327?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NN6G6PCSJFCFHW8217Q0

Last edited:
Real Name
Mel
3 32gb Lexar 1000X UHS-II cards from a merchant affiliated with Walmart. 2-day shipping, no tax, no shipping and all three were just a few cents over $32.00 for all of them.

Real Name
Mel
I have a problem. KEH sent me a 10% off code and yep, I bought a 43 14-54mm 2.8/3.5 at a very good price for an excellent example. I think that I might need to go to Olympus Buyers Anonymous.

The Grumpy Snapper

Mu-43 Veteran
A Samyang 12mm f/2.0 from Amazon Warehouse deals. Only my second native m4/3 mount lens. The other is the 7artisans 35mm f/1.2.
Plus a Domke F-5XB in the wax cotton RuggedWear. I gave the waterproofing a good testing in a thunderstorm this morning. The F-5XB is tiny and contains my lightweight kit for personal work holding the 12mm Samyang, the 35mm 7artisans on the camera and an 85mm Rokinon.

Michael Meissner

Mu-43 Veteran
Plus a Domke F-5XB in the wax cotton RuggedWear. I gave the waterproofing a good testing in a thunderstorm this morning. The F-5XB is tiny and contains my lightweight kit for personal work holding the 12mm Samyang, the 35mm 7artisans on the camera and an 85mm Rokinon.
I've had my Domke F-5XZ now for over 10 years (the F-5XZ is somewhat taller than the F-5XB). While I've flirted with many other bags, I always keep coming back to the F-5XZ. And the bag has withstood many rain storms, Niagara Falls, amusement park flume rides.

The Grumpy Snapper

Mu-43 Veteran
I've had my Domke F-5XZ now for over 10 years (the F-5XZ is somewhat taller than the F-5XB). While I've flirted with many other bags, I always keep coming back to the F-5XZ. And the bag has withstood many rain storms, Niagara Falls, amusement park flume rides.
My shoulder bags of choice for over 30 years were the Tenba Pro Pak bags. When I was freelancing for motorcycle magazines I would happily bungee cord one to a pillion seat whatever the weather conditions.

Tenba stopped making them 15 years ago so lost my business.

I now prefer the various sizes of Domke bags but the F-5XB is the smallest bag I've owned/used by a huge margin.

Teljam

Mu-43 Regular
Just bought a Nikon Z6 with the 24-70 lens - very excited! Still keeping all of my m4/3 gear, but really looking forward to trying some full frame.

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
I bought a GX7 as it was cheep uses the same batteries as my GX80's and can act as a nice back up when away reducing the number of different batteries plus its IQ is good enough. I find the smaller GX line cameras a joy to work with, have not tried an 8 so can't judge though personally I find Panasonic s to be my preferred bodies in the digital realm.

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
I bought this, directly from Laowa:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That room that looks like a small bedroom is actually a small bathroom. And the ceiling light was actually behind the camera!

Sorry for the dark image. I forgot I had -1EV exposure compensation dialled in.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom