what photography related item did you buy this week?

I like the Simplr design straps. He initially made them for Fuji bodies, but theyre perfect for mFT. The Slide lite was WAY too stiff. Owner even made me one that was extra long for a special use case. (Im very tall lol)

https://simplr.us/
Which one you like more, F1 or regular strap? Also how are those clicky press and slide connectors? I like the colors on these.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
Yes. That is one complain I have about them - too big, especially the regular Slide. Almost a seatbelt. Going to get Slide Lite for EM1.2 now.
I use both a Slide Lite and a Leash for my E-M1.2. The Slide Lite gets used with the 300 Pro and 40-150 Pro (attached to the Capture plate & the small attachment that comes with the PD straps, fastened to the tripod collar of each lens); the Leash (attached to the Capture plate & left E-M1 eyelet) gets used for everything else.
BTW my Sling 10L arrived this week. It's very handy (holds sunglasses & keys - yay!) but not as slick as the Sling 5L. I'll switch among the Slings and the Messenger 15 as required.

I use both a Slide Lite and a Leash for my E-M1.2. The Slide Lite gets used with the 300 Pro and 40-150 Pro (attached to the Capture plate & the small attachment that comes with the PD straps, fastened to the tripod collar of each lens); the Leash (attached to the Capture plate & left E-M1 eyelet) gets used for everything else.
BTW my Sling 10L arrived this week. It's very handy (holds sunglasses & keys - yay!) but not as slick as the Sling 5L. I'll switch among the Slings and the Messenger 15 as required.
Good idea! I haven't gotten around Capture clip concept yet but worth looking into I guess. In unrelated news, I like your DP - is it from Museum of Flight, Seattle, the SR-71 with D-21 attachment? I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that it is the only one left in whole world. Quite a sight. I have very similar picture taken from the gallery opposite to it.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
In unrelated news, I like your DP - is it from Museum of Flight, Seattle, the SR-71 with D-21 attachment? I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that it is the only one left in whole world. Quite a sight. I have very similar picture taken from the gallery opposite to it.
Yes, it's the M-12/D-21 combination - shot many years ago with a Nikon CoolPix 4300. I was Seattle MoF member for many years but haven't been down for at least a decade.

Jeffcs

Mu-43 All-Pro
Nikon F3hp in mint condition
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Andym72

Mu-43 Veteran
An E-M10 Mark II, with a twin lens kit, 14-42mm II R and 40-150mm R, for £399 from Jessops (UK).

Only spotted the deal yesterday, and it ran out at midnight!

My partner has got a Canon EOS 20D with a equivalent twin lens kit (the lenses are 2003 designs and have no OIS). But due to health issues, she can no longer bear to have it hanging from her on a neck strap, it's too heavy. She's a way better photographer than me, she's sold quite a few images to photo libraries in the past, and I have really wanted her to get back into taking a camera with her most of the time.
It’s arrived... and the first thing she said was “Wow, this is nice! Can I keep it?”

😂

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Holiday purchase #2...
A polarising filter, a variable ND filter, and an ND1000 filter... and a 37mm to 46mm step up ring so I can use them on my 37mm threaded lenses as well as my 46mm threaded lenses.

That might be it now... maybe???

Real Name
Mel
My adapter for 4/3 to m4/3 arrived today. My new to me 50-200mm 2.8/3.5 had arrived yesterday. I fitted the adapter and the lens to a trusty EM-1 and took it out for a short trip in our flower bed. I am satisfied with the focus speed, I am more than satisfied with the image quality. Here are some test images.

blynott

New to Mu-43
Real Name
Bob
I bought a used Panasonic GX85 to replace an Olympus E - PL3. So far I am enjoying all the new features. I went to buy an Olympus OMD E-M10 Mar ii or iii but the Panny just felt better in my hands.

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
Which one you like more, F1 or regular strap? Also how are those clicky press and slide connectors? I like the colors on these.
I have a regular strap with the quick loops but I requested the little pull tab on the buckle like the F1 has.
The QD loops work great, I had another strap that actually used them before picking up the simplr strap so I didn't even need the new ones. I also have a cheap wrist strap that works with them too.
In my case I use an oval split ring and a small piece of heat shrink to keep the loop attached to my EM1.

Ps the capture clip system is fantastic. I made a more flexible "pro pad" out of denim and a sewing machine for $3 and attach the camera to my hip to get the weight off of my shoulders.

billca

Mu-43 Regular
I have a regular strap with the quick loops but I requested the little pull tab on the buckle like the F1 has.
The QD loops work great, I had another strap that actually used them before picking up the simplr strap so I didn't even need the new ones. I also have a cheap wrist strap that works with them too.
In my case I use an oval split ring and a small piece of heat shrink to keep the loop attached to my EM1.
View attachment 765514View attachment 765515
Ps the capture clip system is fantastic. I made a more flexible "pro pad" out of denim and a sewing machine for $3 and attach the camera to my hip to get the weight off of my shoulders.
Looks interesting. How wide is the neck strap.

A broken GX85 and Panasonic 7-14.
I have been resisting expanding lens collection for m43 because I was still in "FF/DX are better" mindset but seeing as smaller gear means I don't hesitate to carry with me and IQ is actually on par with almost all other cameras that I have as long as landscapes, general around-town and macros are concerned. Will probably get a fast portrait prime too!

fishtug

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Monty
Picked up an unused Lumix G Vario 12-32 f3.5-5.6 pancake at a very good price locally - I had been wanting something a little more compact then the Oly 14-42 for the EPL-8 to make it more of a fit in a jacket or pants pocket - This lens fills the bill nicely and weighs next to nothing - It appears to be a capable lens - I have had good luck recently on Kijiji -

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom