what photography related item did you buy this week?

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Please let us know if the "Ezklean Inspection Loupe" works out. I have been trying to find something that works with Mu-43 to see dust specs.
Just got it.

They also sent some "Free Swabs" in various sizes. The clear plastic case the swabs came in said M43 on the front so they do make some for micro four-thirds. My assortment measured out at 2-3mm wide dabbers, 14mm, 16mm, 18mm, 23mm, 36mm, and some slanted one at 24mm that might be for the mirrors in DSLRs.

EzKlean-and-swabs.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The EzKlean magnifier distance works out to be maybe 18mm from the bayonet on the Pen-F, and maybe 6mmm on the Nikon D800E. The D800E was filthy and debris was easily seen on sensor and the mirror both. The Pen-F looked to be spot free. Don't know why the Nikon is always a mess (Flappy mirror maybe?). It has both the yellow and white LEDs and covers the sensor well with no shadow. I wouldn't say the lens is flat field, but it works with a bit of eye effort. Have to watch to make sure you are not looking at any lint on the magnifier's lens too and not mistake it for being on the sensor's surface. It needs four AAA batteries too as it came without any.

Although I bought the EzKlean off what appears to be a USA website using Paypal, it came from China via FedEx in 4-5 days and the box also needed a signature on delivery too even for a $39.90 item (Included shipping too!).

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
10 8gb micro SD cards as I don't reuse and wanted smaller than 16gb for point and shoot cameras. A Panasonic GF5 for its charger and spare battery, will sell body on with no bits. Finally, a Billingham 225 bag that matches my Hadley Pro both being Sage green.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Just got it.

They also sent some "Free Swabs" in various sizes. The clear plastic case the swabs came in said M43 on the front so they do make some for micro four-thirds. My assortment measured out at 2-3mm wide dabbers, 14mm, 16mm, 18mm, 23mm, 36mm, and some slanted one at 24mm that might be for the mirrors in DSLRs.

View attachment 764570

The EzKlean magnifier distance works out to be maybe 18mm from the bayonet on the Pen-F, and maybe 6mmm on the Nikon D800E. The D800E was filthy and debris was easily seen on sensor and the mirror both. The Pen-F looked to be spot free. Don't know why the Nikon is always a mess (Flappy mirror maybe?). It has both the yellow and white LEDs and covers the sensor well with no shadow. I wouldn't say the lens is flat field, but it works with a bit of eye effort. Have to watch to make sure you are not looking at any lint on the magnifier's lens too and not mistake it for being on the sensor's surface. It needs four AAA batteries too as it came without any.

Although I bought the EzKlean off what appears to be a USA website using Paypal, it came from China via FedEx in 4-5 days and the box also needed a signature on delivery too even for a $39.90 item (Included shipping too!).
Thanks for the follow up. This is on my list now.
Good to see it works with Mu-43. The only one I tried was one made for FF sensors and the light circle was far to big and I tried to just use half of it but it did not work just cast shadows.

Since you got such a good deal with samples would you mind posting a link to where you purchased it from, or was it this one below ?
http://ezkleanstore.com/ezen/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

Nick779

Mu-43 Regular
Decided against GAS and held off on FF. Bought a grey market 17mmF1.8, Used 25mmF1.8 and ill be keeping my EM1.2 kit for the forseeable future. Ill acquire a small FF kit down the road now that my mFT kit is near complete.

Also bought a second Peak Capture clip plate for my 40-150 Pro, a few cheap screw style QR plates for tripods, 2x 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 170MBps to be my workhorse cards, an extra OEM battery/charger, and a Lowepro Photo Traveler backpack. Also was gifted a decent tripod by our wedding photographer after asking for a recommendation.

I do want to get a sensor cleaning kit at some point.

(In case anyone is wondering I do own 2x 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 300MBps for when I know ill need buffer clearing speed. I just dont want the extra wear and tear on a $100 SD card.)

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Thanks for the follow up. This is on my list now.
Good to see it works with Mu-43. The only one I tried was one made for FF sensors and the light circle was far to big and I tried to just use half of it but it did not work just cast shadows.

Since you got such a good deal with samples would you mind posting a link to where you purchased it from, or was it this one below ?
http://ezkleanstore.com/ezen/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2
That's the site I bought it from. Specifically, ExKlean sensor loupe.

I see they have a sale on the M43 swabs, a silicon blower, and the sensor loupe for $59.90 too: Sensor cleaning kit. Just need some Eclipse fluid ( Amazon - Eclipse Fluid ) and one should be all set.

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
I ordered an iShoot EM10 II grip/l-bracket from photoloving.com. My friend had one and I liked its design, much better than the usual Chinese ones on eBay. However, the company sent the wrong one. They sent the one for the EM10 Mk I, even though the description and photos clearly specified that it was for the EM10 Mk II. The Mk I version definitely does not fit the Mk II. Well, after I notified them of the problem, they promised to send me the correct grip, but they asked me to return the wrong one to China. I kinda balked at that, since I think they expected me to pay the return shipping. I suggested that they should pay for the return, because it was their mistake. They decided to let me have the Mk. I, and said they shipped the replacement. We'll see how it goes.

Update: The new one should come in today. At least they made good on this.

Further update: I eagerly opened the package. Spoke too damn soon. To my shock and amazement, they sent the same wrong model they sent earlier. Now I have two grips for the EM10 I that I can't use and none for the EM10 II. SMH. I contacted them again, and they apologized for messing up yet again. They said they'll ship out the real correct one this time and asked me to send back the other two, but they'll reimburse me for return shipping. I'm returning them only when I get the right one.

8/21/19: I just got the third shipment they sent. Would you believe that they sent the wrong item for the third time? This time it was a half-plate with a vertical mount, but no accessory grip. I give up on these guys. I hope I can get a refund and reimbursement for return costs. Note: if you order anything from www.photoloving.com, it's at your own risk. Hope you have better luck than me.

9/15/19: In a subsequent email, they promised to refund my purchase (for which I never received the correct item) and reimburse me for the return shipping of all three incorrect brackets to China once they receive the return. I shipped them to photoloving.com at a cost of $39.50 via USPS and sent them a copy of the USPS receipt with the tracking number. I tracked the shipment to China, and then got alerts that the addressee requested a delay in delivery. So far, they've requested a delay five days in a row as of today. I suspected that they were refusing to take delivery in order to avoid delivering their promised refund and reimbursement. However, they responded tonight to an email I sent several days ago saying that their mid-Autumn Harvest holidays are now over and they will follow up soon. OK, I'll wait.

10/15/19: Photoloving, after several follow-up emails and veiled threats, finally reimbursed my return shipping via Paypal, which they promised to do. But, they still hadn't refunded my original purchase price. I decided that further direct communication with them was pointless and asked PayPal to resolve it. I had to escalate it once, but PayPal finally decided in my favor and gave me a refund. So, the final result, after more than three months, is that I have no product, but got almost all of money back, after a lot of emails and pursuit. Enough of that.

Caveat emptor.

Last edited:

jhawk1000

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mel
It seems that when it rains it pours as far as buying stuff. I just received an Olympus OM-D EM-1 with all accessories from a member of this forum. Not content with just another camera body (2 EM-1, EM-5ii, EM-10, Panasonic G5, Nikon D2x, D800, D750 plus tons of film gear, I had to get another lens for the new to me EM-1 so...off to KEH for a 50-200mm 2.8/3.5 with 4/3 to m4/3 adapter for football this year. I already have the 40-150mm 2.8 Pro but needed another lens so both my wife and I can photograph for the school. Very inexpensive lens, 180-day warranty so that will get me through football season.

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris

Andym72

Mu-43 Veteran
An E-M10 Mark II, with a twin lens kit, 14-42mm II R and 40-150mm R, for £399 from Jessops (UK).

Only spotted the deal yesterday, and it ran out at midnight!

My partner has got a Canon EOS 20D with a equivalent twin lens kit (the lenses are 2003 designs and have no OIS). But due to health issues, she can no longer bear to have it hanging from her on a neck strap, it's too heavy. She's a way better photographer than me, she's sold quite a few images to photo libraries in the past, and I have really wanted her to get back into taking a camera with her most of the time.

Plus both me and her daughter have m43 cameras, and a nice selection of lenses so it seemed like a no brainer.

The weight difference should be quite a shock to her! The camera is 50% the bulk, and the lenses are 60% the bulk...

Last edited:

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
An E-M10 Mark II, with a twin lens kit, 14-42mm II R and 40-150mm R, for £399 from Jessops (UK).

Only spotted the deal yesterday, and it ran out at midnight!

My partner has got a Canon EOS 20D with a equivalent twin lens kit (the lenses are 2003 designs and have no OIS). But due to health issues, she can no longer bear to have it hanging from her on a neck strap, it's too heavy. She's a way better photographer than me, she's sold quite a few images to photo libraries in the past, and I have really wanted her to get back into taking a camera with her most of the time.

Plus both me and her daughter have m43 cameras, and a nice selection of lenses so it seemed like a no brainer.

The weight difference should be quite a shock to her! The camera is 50% the bulk, and the lenses are 60% the bulk...
Try a WIDE strap and use it cross shoulder.
The wide strap spread the load so it isn't cutting into the flesh, and cross shoulder there is no stress on the back of the neck.
That is what I do.

jhawk1000

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mel
I received the 50-200mm 2.8/3.5 Olympus 4/3 lens today. It came from KEH which advertised it as a bargain lens at a very good price. I am hard-pressed to see any flaws on the surface and absolutely no glass problem. My 4/3 to m 4/3 adapter comes tomorrow so we will see how it does but I am once again happy with the product which appears much better than a bargain. The zoom is smooth and it feels nice. No lens hood but I will probably order a used one tomorrow. Thusfar, satisfied with KEH.

Peal Design Slide V3 from their eBay refurb store. It is an overkill for m43 but works well with D500 and heavy telephoto. Anyone looking at those expensive straps, checkout their eBay store. They still have limited edition red and blue summit edition straps for $50. Scalpers on eBay are asking upwards of $100 for those now.
If you are not into fancy colors, the regular black/grey ones are also $50 with FS and come like new with those little tabs and soft pouch.

Another popular item Sling 10L is $82 there (with Best Offer accepted) - I haven't seen that low of a price even in used market. Good luck! Although for m43 kit Sling 5L at $70-75 is much better. One thing to note about Sling 10L is that the strap on it feels a little narrow as compared to how much gear it can haul and starts digging into your shoulders. That's not the case with 5L, the strap is adequate for gear it can haul and is way more comfortable. Just laying it out here, it might help someone - I had both and despite cramped interiors I prefer Sling 5L.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yes. That is one complain I have about them - too big, especially the regular Slide. Almost a seatbelt. Going to get Slide Lite for EM1.2 now.
I think ALL of the wide straps will have a similar packing problem.
Might be easier if the strap was softer, so that it would fold better for packing.
But how would a soft strap work in use, maybe not as well as a stiffer strap.
Compromise.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom