what photography related item did you buy this week?

Christopher Almond

Mu-43 Regular
A 2nd body . EP3 in black with two kit lens and wide converter, been after a 2nd camera for a while. Awaiting the delivery
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JDS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David Schultz
A 2nd body . EP3 in black with two kit lens and wide converter, been after a 2nd camera for a while. Awaiting the delivery View attachment 628183
Ah, the magic EP3. Had one, sold it, felt stupid for selling it so got another. Love the colors from it, especially with the Sigma 60 (those two seem made for each other somehow).

Last edited:

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Ah, the magic EP3. Had one, sold it, felt stupid for selling it so got another...
The E-P3 is great camera. While I would trade mine for a Pen F, I don't think I'd give it up for an E-P5 or E-PL7. Part of that is a sentimental connection, but there's something about it that just feels right to me.

JDS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David Schultz
The E-P3 is great camera. While I would trade mine for a Pen F, I don't think I'd give it up for an E-P5 or E-PL7. Part of that is a sentimental connection, but there's something about it that just feels right to me.
Plus, with the accessory grip (a must have in my opinion), the ergonomics are probably better than any our Pen. I really wish they offered that grip with the newer Pens.

banj911

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bennet Duhig
Just picked up a secondhand Sigma 105mm macro. I already have the 60mm Olympus macro but this was priced right so I thought I'd give it a go.
I'm pleased to discover that it will operate with the EX-25, EC-14, and EC-20. The EC-14 seems to be the sweet spot, greater than 1:1 and still very sharp.
I will be experimenting with some critters over the next few days of Easter so we'll se how it goes.

Cheers

Last edited:

Steveee

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
A pair of 1/4" screw caps to fit on a flexible gooseneck with the base flange fastened to a 6"x6" x1" piece of teak. A base for one of my 160 LED modeling lamps.

waday

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Wade
Just took part in a B&H survery.

Looks like B&H is toying with the idea of offering a "store card" or other credit card where you can get no interest for 6/12 months on certain dollar amount purchases.

Other benefits they're toying with include free shipping, extended return periods, free/lower cost drops and spills insurance, extra rewards points/bonuses per dollar spent, etc.

If they do this, I may be posting in this thread more often, lol.

Christopher Almond

Mu-43 Regular
A 2nd body . EP3 in black with two kit lens and wide converter, been after a 2nd camera for a while. Awaiting the delivery View attachment 628183
Arrived !! this gear is like brand new, not a mark on it ,came with screen protector on, 2 lens, 2 hoods, charger, battery, accessory grip, WCON-P01 wide lens adapter, leather strap. loving it ! It also will share batteries with em10mkii. £180 uk pounds all in. Bargain ?

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
RC2 plate and release.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
SRS Microsystems have the E-M1.2 for £1,299 today with free HLD-9 grip. And I was able to use my 10% voucher from doing yesterday’s Olympus survey. :dance4: I was having so much fun that I ordered a second battery too.

Don’t tell mrs23. I think I’ll have to have a clear out of some well loved but less well used cameras and lenses to fund this. Keep an eye on the buy and sell forum...

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Just about to pull the trigger on one of those Manfrotto tripods, been putting it off for months due to the price of the thing, but in that time I’ve cursed myself for not having one in my bag.
It is a brilliant tripod. Multi positional, light, now with the RC2 clamp, less fidly. I generally carry it in a mesh side pocket. It holds every lens I own.

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
My friend gave me a VF-4 viewfinder, a 9mm BCL lens, and a BLS-1 battery. He said he used the battery in his PM2 which he sold, but I read that it's compatible with the older PEN cameras, not with the PM2 or PL5. And, it's not supposed to be compatible with the BCS-5 charger. Does anyone have any reliable knowledge of their compatibility? TIA.

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
My friend gave me a VF-4 viewfinder, a 9mm BCL lens, and a BLS-1 battery. He said he used the battery in his PM2 which he sold, but I read that it's compatible with the older PEN cameras, not with the PM2 or PL5. And, it's not supposed to be compatible with the BCS-5 charger. Does anyone have any reliable knowledge of their compatibility? TIA.
I have a BLS-1 in my EM10 at the moment and it works fine it is one of the cameras that comes with the BLS-5, I recall using it in an PM2 a couple of years ago. I have charged both batteries in either charger as well, I think the latter battery has some extra functionality telling the camera how much is left?

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
Baseline : it's fully compatible both ways. You can charge a 5 battery in a 1 charger or a 1 battery in a 5 charger, and it doesn't matter to the camera either way.
The 5 battery just have a sense line to tell the charger to stop the charge.
M.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom