what photography related item did you buy this week?

uscrx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
75mm f1.8:2thumbs:

20180114_132133-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Impulse

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Frank
Probably one of the most boring things you'll see listed on here but whatever, just ordered a 4 year extended warranty from Oly to use on the 17/1.2 that arrives tomorrow. I know they don't always make sense but they give me peace of mind on a lens this pricey and I had $40 in Oly reward points that I wasn't ever gonna spend on anything else.

Picked up that CS-43 quilted wrap while poking around their accessory shop... And discovered a curious turn off that I'd previously not noticed when shopping mostly at the refurbished outlet: rewards points are cashed in like a promo code, and you can't use two codes at a time (so I couldn't combine it with the 20.18% accessory sale for instance).

OTOH I also discovered a weird bug/exploit in their promo codes, the extended warranty didn't seem to qualify as an accessory... BUT if you added any qualifying accessory to your order (like that $20 wrap) then the 20.18% off promo (which I didn't use in lieu of my reward points) would suddenly apply to the whole order total, go figure.

Now that I've spent the bulk of the points on the Olympus account I had under my Gmail I'm gonna try and close it or change out the address to change over my other account (which is under a Yahoo address) to that Gmail address. Yahoo seems to block Oly emails or something and I miss out on point earning promos on the account where I've actually got my gear registered and past refurb purchases listed, grrr.

ijm5012

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Ian
OTOH I also discovered a weird bug/exploit in their promo codes, the extended warranty didn't seem to qualify as an accessory... BUT if you added any qualifying accessory to your order (like that $20 wrap) then the 20.18% off promo (which I didn't use in lieu of my reward points) would suddenly apply to the whole order total, go figure.
Good tip to know. I wonder if it would've worked on camera bodies or lenses as well?

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
First photo related stuff since I bought since the O17/f:1.8 last March, was yesterday, a Manfrotto 709B table tripod. Will primarily be used for Jewellery and other type of small product shots. Ordered the P12-35 MkII today, after running a miss on picking one up yesterday, but got to finger oogling a MkI, and boy, are they minuscule for what they are. A very worthy reminder of why I fell for M43 in the first place.

Now crossing fingers for the swift release of the P50-200 2.8-4, so that it can be compared with the O40-150+ converter.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
My wife bought me an Instant Home Photo Studio. It arrived yesterday and I played with it for about 3/4 of an hour last night.
product-image-305919749_grande.jpg

Mine's the largest size, 40cm on each side and has a porthole on top with a removable velcroed cover that lets you shoot straight down on the subject. It was about $45 CDN on Groupon. Here's a focus stacked test shot of an old pocket watch:
Light Box Test.jpg

genesimmons

Mu-43 Top Veteran
picked up a rokinon 50mm f1.2, always wanted to try a fast lens, luv it so far, no very big as i used to have a samyang 50mm f1.4 and it was much bigger than this one,
_1160282.jpg

TwoShoes

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Chris
I went all out and got into this photography hobby.

Here is a list of what I ordered to get started.

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III Camera Body (Silver)
Olympus M.Zuiko 17mm f1.8 (Silver)
Olympus MSC ED-M 75 to 300mm II f4.8-6.7 Zoom Lens
SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB SDXC UHS-I Card

Orbmiser

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Just received my Ebay 12-40 f2.8 Pro from guy in Fairbanks,Alaska
Cost was $565 No Box or Lens Pouch But What the Hey! No Biggie.
Came with Lens Hood and lens caps tho.

PC160108.jpg

m43happy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Can't exactly take pictures with it, but it's a decal of a Pen-F so I guess it's photography related. o_O

i-fmrv4ss-jpg.jpg

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
I guess this means I better learn to develop film...

n_Ga37mzf4ZCIxlIn1krMx95NpCYFOc-KxKsr7JZvJPEFJDn4kaef-1VPanpH7WBmnzeUpBm-ZjJQVPaA=w1453-h1089-no.jpg

fransglans

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Gustav
IMG_20180119_141055-01.jpeg

Just bought a gx7 a few years after everyone else I know , mainly because I wanted Panasonic 20mm back into my possession, (love that pancake), but I must say that my ep5 will collect some dust from now on, gx7 feels really nice. I found a almost new (1000clicks) for a price of 10 big macs :)

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
I've fallen victim of severe GAS attack... loved my original E-M10, but a nice mk II showed up and I couldn't pass.
ad hoc ex post facto justifications : electronic shutter, better IBIS, faster top speed, better viewfinder, improved video
reality : oh look ! shinny !

P1200001.JPG

TeeLehti

Mu-43 Veteran
I just bought Captur Module - Pro and
Captur Remote Control & Flash Trigger for Olympus/Panasonic.
First test with the IR-sensor (and Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II + Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO + 2x YongNuo YN-560 III flash + YongNuo YN560-TX):
IMG_3305_small.jpg

P1210300.jpg

lorderik

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Eric
won and bought this tiny lens on ebay..
20180122-EM520001.jpg

Last edited:

LilSebastian

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
John
21CF5B20-8BE7-498A-BE5B-FEB76EAA2FD6.jpeg
Used Olympus Four Thirds 14-54mm F2.8-3.5 II and MMF-3 adapter for my E-M10 II.

I covet the 12-40 PRO but the delta in cost meant I wouldn’t have it for another year so I sold the kit 14-42 R and bought this. Should be a big (pun intended) upgrade.

Latest threads

Top Bottom