what photography related item did you buy this week?

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Picked up a Sekonic L-398 - lovely little beast - quite petite but feels weighty like a brick. Now to work out how to use it!

zs8SI5EuhgcXfOk4O8FmzDeV_pg3SEl3LkvpqOLVW60a5E_OXTnZdODNKfHvyIV1F5M834JU0T5K2KDWTA=w1307-h979-no.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Picked up a Sekonic L-398 - lovely little beast - quite petite but feels weighty like a brick. Now to work out how to use it!

zs8SI5EuhgcXfOk4O8FmzDeV_pg3SEl3LkvpqOLVW60a5E_OXTnZdODNKfHvyIV1F5M834JU0T5K2KDWTA=w1307-h979-no.jpg
I remember DIN. Deutsche Industrie Norm. Like in DIN PS. DIN horsepower.
Later came ASA. I remember boxes of film with DIN 'x' and ASA 'y' printed on it.
Same way as LP records in the sixties MONO as well as STEREO.
Well, the quality of the hardware imptoved, but can the same be said about the content (music and photos)?

pondball

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
hmmm... in my move from Nikon FF I gently stepped into the m43 waters this past week by purchasing:
  1. Oly EM5 Mkii
  2. Oly 12-100/4.0 Pro (awaiting delivery)
  3. Oly 7-14/2.8
  4. Extra battery
  5. EM5 Mkii grip (awaiting delivery)
  6. Seinhauser Lavalier + Handheld Microphone kit
  7. Canon Pro1000 printer (awaiting delivery)
  8. couple of SD cards
  9. SpyderElite
Pretty much had to stop there although there was plenty of candy I left on the shelves... for another day perhaps:dance3:

Hazza

Just Clicking
Real Name
Harry
Finally got the camera that I originally ordered. Excellent condition and everything works except the LCD which was as expected. It took a while to set up as I wanted it but now I have it sorted if I need to change anything I can use the SCP (which is what I use with my other cameras anyway) via the EVF. I have the custom function buttons set up just right and I have shot a few frames around the house. PERFECT :) It has only had 2000 actuations so almost new. I am very pleased and £400 better off than the cost of a mint used one. Can't stop grinnin' :)

MoonMind

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Matt
Two Elinchrom D-Lite RX4 studio flashes with EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus, including stands, softboxes and reflectors - ready for new adventures, inside for a change :)

M.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Datacolor Spyder 5 express, OM to m43 adapter and a Jupio PowerVault 10000L (@ $23 I couldn't resist and it seems to work like a charm, I think it just charged my phone much faster than using the charger, have to check that.) :)

/Bosse

Real Name
Walter
I ordered an F-Stop Brooklyn Sling in dark blue from their clearance list. They had run out of stock on these previously, but I recently noticed that they had restocked and added more bags to the clearance list. Lots of choices if anyone is interested. Clearance - Product

Update: F-Stop promised to ship clearance items within two business days. I ordered it Wednesday and they emailed me with shipping confirmation today. So, they are doing better!

2nd Update: The bag arrived today in very good time compared to my last order from F-Stop. The sling looks great and easily handles my Big Momma setup (EM1+MMF-3+EC-14+50-200 SWD) with some room to spare. Photos are elsewhere. #2074

Last edited:
Real Name
Walter
Did you try Hilo Hattie's? :p

RIP, Hilo Hattie's. They were operating in bankruptcy, but finally kicked the bucket, leaving many disappointed travelers at a loss. I'm old enough to remember when the real Hilo Hattie was a famous entertainer. Hilo Hattie - Wikipedia

I wasn't talking about a garishly bright flower themed tote bag, you understand. :)

ionian

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Simon
Yay! I picked up a vintage billingham hadley f5.6 bag in what looks to be excellent condition for less than £50 on the bay. This could be quite the bargain.

Hazza

Just Clicking
Real Name
Harry
I just pulled the trigger on a used Panasonic 14-140 mk1 lens, no lens hood but I will pick up a cheap one from evil bay to get me by. This will be my second copy of this lens after using one when we went on holiday to Cuba a few years ago. I sold that one to fund some other purchase. Any way it was a steal at £129, It would have been rude not to :) Should be here on Tuesday.

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
To go with my FT, the slightly rarer FV, no meter but supposedly a brighter viewfinder. Love the green-leatherette finish - quite a pleasant surprise.

O6J0P0dvOl8SKmj-mqV3TSiIgxMuA2tWM5DPKMrp-qC3IKipvMPqwVWzjQcWYXJie0RVeZVfpVHla4rusg=w740-h1084-no.jpg

Bigger than I expected (when will we get a mk III 20mm pancake with fast AF?!) but much smaller than my 25mm f1.4 - will make a nice general purpose lens.

HMvYMLI7YdBMd368DOyzsufMNk6o3qFRhQICw8BfxIZbgHUtlt1ZJIgl6IB0brpvZiCcQlQhbZBSez3TA=w1447-h1084-no.jpg

Huislaw

Mu-43 Regular
Extra battery for EM-5MII. Text seems to be different size. Not sure if it is fake. Spec written is same and Japan is spelled correctly.

barry

Super Moderator
Extra battery for EM-5MII. Text seems to be different size. Not sure if it is fake. Spec written is same and Japan is spelled correctly.
Hi, Check the voltage with a meter after charging in the Oly charger, and compare with the original battery.
Oly batteries tend to be higher than most other brands.

Zancrow

Mu-43 Regular
Purchased a VF-4, leather skin and neck strap for the E-P5. :)

IMG_20161020_203733747-02.jpeg

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Peak Design Cuff on digidirect's sale arrived, it's pretty neat. Needed something for a hand strap with more length that would fit through my PNC pistol grip's eyelet and not occupy the tripod hole on the bottom of it. The quick disconnect on it is a great idea. Kind of wish I'd gotten their sling strap instead of the blackrapid ages ago now :D

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
I'm in the process of buying a second silver E-M5 (less than 10 000 pics taken). I've sent an email where I agreed to buy it for 200€ but I haven't received confirmation yet from the seller. Long live the E-M5! :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom