what photography related item did you buy this week?

CWRailman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Denny
I thought I was done purchasing camera equipment for the year till a good deal on this Panasonic 14-140mm lens and filter showed up. This is a nice lens but it’s weight, which is more than the Panasonic 12-35 f2 lens, is a bit more than what feels comfortable for me on my Olympus cameras. I’ll probably get used to the extra weight but it is starting to feel like a DSLR.
Panasonic%2014-140mm%20lens%20003a.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Panasonic%2014-140mm%20lens%20005a.JPG

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Now that I have the 180mm coming I decided to look at how I'm actually going to mount 2 flashes on it and handle it and other mundane stuff.

Got one of these -

Photography & Cinema Pistol Grip
LvN35Pu.jpg

PNC Wide Platform Pistol Grip Camera Handle for SLR DSLR DC Canon Nikon Sony

As seen on blunty's channel a while back -

figure that will work either going on the Tamron 180's tripod foot or the Metabones tripod foot. Even with my 135 and 90 and (small) oly 200 MF lenses it sometimes gets annoying having to support the whole setup by the left side bracket or right side grip, far back from the actual weight, figure having something dead underneath it that's relatively close to the centre mass will be handier.

then found they also sell the Kamerar arms -

EQBGRJq.jpg

for slightly more on their own site which as far as I know are very similar (potentially all of these are basically the same arm with different branding stamped on it :D) but had a slightly higher production value ad. Seriously just look at that ad copy, that is how you sell someone on buying your friction arm and not the other guy's. Also the video for that neatly avoided the usual "look how much this thing supports, if you never actually let the weight hang freely or move the thing it's supported on at all, teehee" stuff I'd been seeing around on other cheap arms :D

Found them slightly cheaper on the bay with free fedex.

Update: both of these things are fantastic to the point where I wonder how I ever got by without 'em.

Turbofrog

Mu-43 Legend
The Panasonic 25mm/1.7 for $99, 13 rolls of 120 film, and 20 shots of Instax Wide for...almost as much.

Plus a Lomography Belair Instant back that I'll be building a 6x9 instant camera around using an old Mamiya Press 90mm/f3.5.

It was a GAS-y week. :blush:

Rasmus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Placed an order on the RRS web: Horizontal rail + cradle clamp to turn my RRS PG-02 from side mount to full gimbal. Plus a nodal slide.

Also, ordered the book "Wildlife Photography: Advanced Field Techniques for Tracking Elusive Animals and Capturing Magical Moments" from Amazon. It could be just what I need: a book on wildlife photography that is more about locating wildlife and dragging camera gear along in the wilderness than about exposure and composition. I don't see why exposure and composition would be different for wildlife photography than for any other kind of photography, but I could definitely use a few tips on how to track wildlife.

jyc860923

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
贾一川
a Samsung NX Mini with 9mm f/3.5 kit for a little over $200, including a 16G Samsung memory card and LR 5

I'm not a huge fan of Samsung especially in photography field, but they have made something special, what a pity to quit camera market.

Last edited:

BigTam

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Ron
Couldn't resist the B&H price on the Panasonic 25mm f1.7. Even if I get dinged for import duty and VAT here in Germany , it's still cheaper than the best offers here.

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
Last edited:

noohoggin1

Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio
Real Name
Tom
I caved in the Adorama deal for the Panasonic G7 + ket lens + $100 gift card for $600 a few days ago. :(

apicius9

Mu-43 Veteran
I have been really weak... Received the red GM5 and an extra battery from Amazon. Ordered a CPL for the kit lens plus a 64GB SD card. Still looking into bags, ordered the Think Tank HHH and 'Little stuff it' from their belt system to check them out. Thought I might as well order a belt to see whether I can live with the geekiness, could not decide which one, so I ordered 2. In June/July I had ordered a few adapters to connect some manual lenses with the Mitakon focal reducer. Somehow a few of those seem to have gotten lost in my recent move, I am about to give up searching and reordering them...

Stefan

D

Deleted member 20897

Got a mega monster awesome deal on a Nikon 24-70/2.8G

Such a lovely lens!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom