What photography related item did you ALMOST buy this week?

Enthusiastic

New to Mu-43
Debating if I need or just want a minty Canon 17-40L, for the 6D. They're asking $400... 🤔

Ultimately passed on it.

Last edited:
Real Name
Mike Peters
Somehow Panasonic has it in their database that I own an S1, which is incorrect. I'm afraid to have them remove me from the list because the same incompetence that put me on it will probably remove me from the G9 list, which is correct. Not that they have much content for the G9 anymore. I think the last one I attended was @Mike Peters presentation.

That clown? How painful was it to listen to me drone on?

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
1) Olympus Zuiko 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD with the Panasonic 4/3->m4/3 adapter. Still thinking about it. I would need to find a cheap EC-14 though to get most out of it. That would increase the price even more. Wondering if it were better to buy the 100-400mm Oly instead (but the price would still be 2x). Decisions, decisions...

2) E-M10IV. Macro season (ie. summer) is here. I'd like upgrade my E-M10II to gain more MPs and a faster AF. I'd have to pay 540€ for it though (minus the €€€s I'd get for selling the mk2). Dunno if it's worth all that money.

PS. Saw an old ad for the same used lens + adapter + EC14 for only 400€. That was 2-3 years ago. Maaaan I wish that ad was still valid.

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Olympus E-M10IV. Ordered stuff from Amazon.de but removed that (at least temporarily) from my shopping basket. Dunno how long I can fight it...

Biro

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Steve
I run a Sony A7III full-frame system in addition to micro four thirds. Thanks to its current sale price, I have had the Sony A7rIV body in my B&H cart several times over the past month or so. I even pulled the trigger once - but canceled the order a few hours later. It's still just too much money. I'll wait to see what the new A7IV turns out to be.

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
Pondering a second hand Lumix 42.5 f:1,7.

I have the Oly 45, and it is probably my least used lens, but fancy the stabilising on the Lumix, even though its somewhat bigger than the Oly.

Would make a nice semi-classic prime get-up with the PL 15, the 20 mm and the 42.5.

threeOh

Mu-43 Regular
Ulanzi MT-29 desktop carbon fiber tripod leg set. Will use my Sirui ball head as I prefer its ARCA implementation. For those looking for a slightly higher tabletop tripod, check it out. Ulanzi's website, though B&H may now have stock. $45.

Real Name
Cata
An Oly EM10III. Being a bit disappointed by my results (aka pictures) using the GX9 in difficult light conditions, I put it up for sale and start looking for a replacement. And the EM10III seemed the "logical" replacement, but wait! No silent mode on that camera?!! I mean, as far as I understood, there is a "silent" option somewhere, but that sets the camera on P mode. So no Silent mode for the S/A/M modes. I just said Blimey! and took my GX9 out of its box.

Little Fish

Mu-43 Regular
Whenever Lumix presents Firmware Updates for the LUMIX G9, I always want to get another one. Or when rumors of MFT are discontinuing their sales.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A MC20.
But I decided to hold off till about August or later, since I don't see a need for the extra reach till next spring when baseball/softball starts up.
Though I may change my mind, if I change how and what I shoot.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom