What photography related item did you ALMOST buy this week?

Real Name
Brian
There actually were two items on my watchlist: First it was an Olympus 45 1.2 Pro on ebay for 690€. New condition, most likely from the E-M1 Mk II promotion last year. I wasn't sure wether to get it or not, first I don't really want to spend additional money at the moment, second I am still torn deciding between the 17 and 45 Pro.
The next item was a used X-Pro2 also on ebay, it was in very good condition, with box and all accessories, no lens though, however considering how well Fuji lenses hold their value, I might've bought on of the smaller f2 primes.

Of course my laziness saved me the money, the Pro lens was already sold when I almost made up my mind, I missed the X-Pro2 while I was out for a walk and had no decent cellphone reception - it sold for just 600 EUR, considering the condition that was a real steal.
I find that's the best strategy in order to post something in this thread. :biggrin:

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)
Don’t know if this one fits in technically
I actually bought a Fuji 16-80 f4.0 to go with my XS10 as a walk around lens as it was £150 off on discount
Ordered it and was delivered but then read too many conflicting reviews about how good / bad it was particularly with soft edges - some absolutely love and rate it and others hate it - may be down to huge sample variation or differing expectations on the part of the users
Decided not to take the risk and returned it without trying it (thats what we do in the U.K. as items are then completely resaleable as New)
Instead looked out for a used 18-55mm f2.8 - 4.0 on eBay which I got for £200 in very good condition which I now have and saved a lot of money in the process

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
I pretty much don't qualify for this thread. My GAS resistance is squat-ola. The exception is a Jupiter 9 85/2. I know which versions are well-regarded, and which ones don't work. I've got the 85mm FL covered, but I still look. The fact that most sellers are in Russia and other former Soviet Bloc nations probably dampens my enthusiasm.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Found a shoulder carrying strap that I don’t use for my Osprey carry on rucksack. It has a big clip and I have some short webbing straps to fasten to the tripod legs. I lost out on a Manfrotto strap for my tripod.

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
Found a shoulder carrying strap that I don’t use for my Osprey carry on rucksack. It has a big clip and I have some short webbing straps to fasten to the tripod legs. I lost out on a Manfrotto strap for my tripod.
It's always useful to have a strap to carry a spare shoulder with, Mike ... :rofl: .

Isn't language just wonderful?

I dreamt I had bought a Fujifilm X-S10, which had magically and entirely solved all my discomforts about using the more classically-styled X series cameras! When I woke up and had a look at the current prices, I went back to sleep again :biggrin:

Real Name
Walter
I almost bought a 75-300 on sale when Olympus said I had a $50 awards coupon left. Hahaha on me... they were just joking. That is, they didn't say in their email (later corrected) that it had already been used. I even had it in my cart and was trying to get the award applied. Had me going for a bit there! LOL.

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Something wrong in the head here. I have been deliberatey & consciously collecting a set of tiny, light. fast & good quality primes between 10 & 25mm, yet still eyed off the PL 10-25 on sale the other day.

Real Name
Brian
Just spotted a used Pen F on my favourite dealer's website.
Clicked the link to buy but beaten to it by a minute or so. :doh:

The next minute, my neighbour knocked at the door with an Olympus Superzoom 105G film camera he'd been given.
Mustn't grumble, as they say. :rolleyes:

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
I had made a bid (rather high, as I already have an empty original case for this lens) for an SMC Macro Takumar f:4/50 mm M42 lens. Nothing happened for over a week. Then, on finishing day of the auction, I looked away for a minute, and someone outbid me.

On the other hand, I'd already bought another one like that a couple days earlier. For less than what I bid for the above-mentioned. Awaiting delivery now. This must be the silver lining to the previous cloud. I hope.

Real Name
Brian
I had made a bid (rather high, as I already have an empty original case for this lens) for an SMC Macro Takumar f:4/50 mm M42 lens. Nothing happened for over a week. Then, on finishing day of the auction, I looked away for a minute, and someone outbid me.

On the other hand, I'd already bought another one like that a couple days earlier. For less than what I bid for the above-mentioned. Awaiting delivery now. This must be the silver lining to the previous cloud. I hope.

I've missed out on a Pen F twice now, so you've got me thinking.

Perhaps if I buy a case for a Pen F there may be a chance a cold and lonely camera will seek me out before anyone else. :rolleyes:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom