What photography related item did you ALMOST buy this week?

bacil

Mu-43 Regular
I suspect you can do a bit better if you look. But definitely a good price.
I am considering the E-M5 II as well, which probably is less. But I got the original E-M1 at a good price.

Real Name
Andrew L
I am considering the E-M5 II as well, which probably is less. But I got the original E-M1 at a good price.
There's no better bargain currently for pure build quality. I haven't owned a Pen-F but I'd hazard the guess that the EM5II is really, really close in terms of materials and attention to detail in construction.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Usedphotopro has had a 10% off everything sale going the last couple days. I took pause at some Fuji gear, but I didn’t even get as far as entering my cc info. Why do I keep looking at Fuji and then talking myself out of it? I also considered the current deal on the EM5.3, but I’m not sure how many times I can keep buying and trying that body. It’s been a while since I’ve bought anything. If the FedEx guy stops to check on my wellbeing, I’ll know it’s been too long. :D

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
Abes of Maine has a very good deal on the X-T3 for a few more hours. $979 body only. $1250 with the 18-55. There’s much to like about the X-T3 in my book, but the X-T4 seems perfect with the addition of IBIS. I’m just not ready to pay X-T4 prices just yet. Managed to tell myself ”no” yet again.

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Abes of Maine has a very good deal on the X-T3 for a few more hours. $979 body only. $1250 with the 18-55. There’s much to like about the X-T3 in my book, but the X-T4 seems perfect with the addition of IBIS. I’m just not ready to pay X-T4 prices just yet. Managed to tell myself ”no” yet again.

But I've read some negative reports on Abe's of Maine.
Better do a Google search for reviews on them.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
But I've read some negative reports on Abe's of Maine.
Better do a Google search for reviews on them.
Yeah, I would have done that had I gone further. I’ve never bought anything from them before. Sounds like that might not change! I really like Roberts/UsedPhotoPro for the more independent shop.

mumu

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Had another bout of I-need-a-gimal-itis. Almost convinced myself to buy a Zhiyun Crane M2 but couldn't quite make the jump due to bulk and speed of deployment considerations. I wanted it for low light walking video in cities but it's such a narrow use case that common sense dictated that it wasn't worth the trouble of bringing it traveling with me.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
I found a Sigma 56mm mft f1.4 for less than £300. Fast, but no OIS. A bit too close to my O60mm.

Real Name
Mark
Yesterday I picked up an email from OM with the latest camera deals. An hour or so later I caught my wife during a lull in her working from home schedule.

Me: Darling, I’ve found a way to save us £1,200!

Her: Go on…..

Me: There’s a great camera offer from OM and we get a free lens; a superb 17mm f1.2 Pro. Worth £1,200. Great for landscapes.

Her: I thought you already had a 17mm. How do you get this new one?

Me: Well, we’d need to buy a different body, an E-M1 Mark 3 and you’re always saying it’s tricky to share the E-M5 3 we have already and…

Her: I said that once. How much?

Me: It’s just £1,600 but delivery’s free.

Her: …….

Me: All our existing lenses will work with it….

Me: I could sell the 17mm f1.8 and put that towards it…

Me: Ooookay….. I’ll go and empty the dishwasher.

Last edited:

pake

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Teemu
Yesterday I picked up an email from OM with the latest camera deals. An hour or so later I caught my wife during a lull in her working from home schedule.

Me: Darling, I’ve found a way to save us £1,200!

Her: Go on…..

Me: There’s a great camera offer from OM and we get a free lens; a superb 17mm f1.2 Pro. Worth £1,200. Great for landscapes.

Her: I thought you already had a 17mm. How do you get this new one?

Me: Well, we’d need to buy a different body, an E-M1 Mark 3 and you’re always saying its tricky to share the E-M5 3 we have already and…

Her: I said that once. How much?

Me: It’s just £1,600 but delivery’s free.

Me: All our existing lenses will work with it….

Me: I could sell the 17mm f1.8 and put that towards it…

Me: Ooookay….. I’ll go and empty the dishwasher.
That went well. :)

Drdul

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Richard
I considered and decided to pass on the DxO PhotoLab 5 upgrade, currently on sale for 50% off. The only new feature that would be of benefit to me is the improved local adjustment controls, but I’m fine with the version 4 controls. Deep Prime was a big improvement last year and worth the upgrade, but in version 5 although Deep Prime is faster it produces the same results. Had DxO finally added support for all the iPhones released in the past 3 years I would have bought the upgrade without question. Maybe they’ll add iPhone support in version 6 next year.

felipegeek

Mu-43 Enthusiast
Real Name
Felipe
I put in a bid on an ebay KEHOutlet item that had a lot of lens hoods for Minolta SR-mount lenses, shutter release cable, some lenses, and a couple flashes but my bid was too low and I wasn't going to spend more than I had decided on it.

Real Name
Andrew L
I considered and decided to pass on the DxO PhotoLab 5 upgrade, currently on sale for 50% off. The only new feature that would be of benefit to me is the improved local adjustment controls, but I’m fine with the version 4 controls. Deep Prime was a big improvement last year and worth the upgrade, but in version 5 although Deep Prime is faster it produces the same results. Had DxO finally added support for all the iPhones released in the past 3 years I would have bought the upgrade without question. Maybe they’ll add iPhone support in version 6 next year.
Only reason I'm really considering it is that my GR IIIx is not likely to get PL4 support, so if I want DP on that camera's files I kind of have to upgrade.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom