What photography related item did you ALMOST buy this week?

exakta

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Tried to buy one of the $199 E-M10 mark IIs during the outlet sale, but the web site kept crashing. By the time I could get through, they were gone.

I want to know why the E-M10 mkII was selling for less than the E-M10 mkI was???

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I've been eyeing off the Panasonic 1.4X teleconverter for my PL 50-200. The local camera shop has them for 10 or 15% off at the minute, there's an email sitting in my inbox, just got to get a bit more enthused

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I've been eyeing off the Panasonic 1.4X teleconverter for my PL 50-200. The local camera shop has them for 10 or 15% off at the minute, there's an email sitting in my inbox, just got to get a bit more enthused

Oh dear. No longer an almost bought, it's now ordered & on its way. The retail chain doesn't have stock, they had to order from Panasonic, should be 2 weeks for delivery. Now that damn plague better p!ss right off so it can get some use :)

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A most worthy upgrade!
I'm hoping so. I have yet to read a bad word on the 1.4 teleconverter. Super keen to see what sort of a difference in framing it will give me, when I finally get back to a race track again. There's really only a couple of spots where the extra reach would be handy, I don't do wildlife, so hopefully it works out well for me :) We'll see soon enough

jbruce

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
A member had a Pany 8-18 for sale here yesterday, and I was sorely tempted until I decided to do another IQ test on my seldom used O9-18. Results in comparison to my O12-40 show that they are quite comparable at both 9mm and 18mm. At least close enough to not warrant spending the additional cash; sorry Figure Five!

Toddster

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Todd Cleaver
A member had a Pany 8-18 for sale here yesterday, and I was sorely tempted until I decided to do another IQ test on my seldom used O9-18.
In almost the same boat. B&H had a used copy of the new Olympus 8-25 for $880 that was very tempting. Trouble is I just can't find fault with my Olympus 9-18 and is is SO much smaller (plus I already own it).

WJW59

Mu-43 Veteran
My wife claimed my backup E-M5.2 to replace her Stylus 1s (wanted bigger grip & use macro lens) so I almost bought a used one to replace it. Decided I had enough other cameras to handle the problem.

WJW59

Mu-43 Veteran
But with all my other options I couldn't justify it. I'm now down to 4 DSLRs, 6 Oly MILCs, 2 XZ-2, and the Stylus 1s. I think I'm going to sell the compacts and possibly the Stylus 1s. I should sell off the rest of my Four Thirds (E-620s & lenses) or Pentax but can't bring myself to do it yet.

WJW59

Mu-43 Veteran
No, but sometimes my wife looks in the cabinet and asks questions that I would prefer not to answer. Luckily she doesnt have the combination to my gun safe or I be in double trouble. o_O

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
No, but sometimes my wife looks in the cabinet and asks questions that I would prefer not to answer. Luckily she doesnt have the combination to my gun safe or I be in double trouble. o_O

I learned that wives are a LOT more observant than many guys think.

WJW59

Mu-43 Veteran
If she had it, I'd have gotten an earful by now so I think I'm OK.

Since I'm retired and she isn't the "yes dear" is the usual reply anyway. Luckily, most of her sparkly purchases tend to be craft related so generally aren't too expensive. She would rather make her own.

doady

Mu-43 Top Veteran
There's probably no one more susceptible to ALMOST buying something than me. That's why I have only bought one camera in the last 17 years. Being controlled so much by my urges, always looking at new cameras and lenses, that's what makes it so hard to decide. It was only being forced to finally make a decision by a planned trip overseas to a rainy, tropical country and needing weather-sealing that I finally bought a new camera after 15 years of thinking so much about it.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom