1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What other type of camera are you using besides m4/3?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by With_Eyes_Unclouded, Aug 8, 2012.

1. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    I haven't seen that poll being done, at least recently. The point is not to find out what types of cameras we own. But rather what we use "almost" as much (or more) than :43:.

So, if you happen to have a P&S that you only take to trips once a month, or shoot a roll of film on occasion, this is NOT a valid answer. If OTOH you shoot, e.g., about 40% with a DSLR and 60% of your photos with :43:, it within the poll parameters. I know percentages are hard to evaluate, but we all know approx. how much we use each camera.

Also, if you are new to :43: from another system (or trying another system now), please consider the "honeymoon phase" :wink:. Let's put a timeframe on the last couple of months of regular shooting.

I think such a poll would be useful to examine in a years time, as a measure of what :43: popularity really is, in relation to other systems.

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Right at this moment, I'm trying out an RX100. I don't know if it will last or not, but it's a lot of fun!

3. With_Eyes_Unclouded

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    I have yet to see an even mediocre review of the RX-100. All of them are highly positive to uber-enthusiastic. Hope I have the chance to test one myself at some point!

4. dennisk

dennisk Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    Dennis
    Only my iPhone camera but it's not listed as one of the options...

5. With_Eyes_Unclouded

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    You are very right; this was an obvious ommision on my part... :frown:

Could it be possible for one of the mods to add this option please??

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    All set

• Like Like x 2
  7. With_Eyes_Unclouded

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    Thanks a million Amin! :smile:

8. GwagDesigns

GwagDesigns Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 13, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    David
    I would say my GF1 is my second go to camera with my 7D coming in first. I recently picked up a Canon TL QL so that should be fun to mess about with.

9. dgorman47

dgorman47 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2012
    Connecticut
    Dutch
    My second camera camer is a Fuji x100 but I'm starting to like it as much as my OMD.....

10. mango

mango Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2012
    I used to have D700 with Fuji X100, sold the FF one to be OM D. I still keep my X100 as a great quality 35/2 prime for street photography.

11. greenarcher02

greenarcher02 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 13, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    Xperia Pro.

12. agwe

agwe Mu-43 Regular

Jul 13, 2011
    Manila, Philippines
    Second camera is just the one on my Sony Xperia Arc. Does a decent job for a camera phone. Thinking of grabbing one of those all weather cameras so I can keep shooting even during monsoon season here in the Philippines.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

13. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Similar history here, although it was the X100 which wooed me off my D7000. But the missing flexibility brought me to the E-M5. Great combination.

14. With_Eyes_Unclouded

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    Wow! I admit I hadn't expected phone cameras to get such a percentage.

But the real surprise so far, IMO, is the number of people routinely shooting film cameras.

15. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    My cellphone has a "camera" built in - 8MP actually - but I would only use it if I absolutely had to get a photo of something like an auto accident and didn't have a quality camera with me. I certainly don't use it on a regular basis. Also have one in my Android tablet, but again, I don't use it. I think people look really silly taking pictures with a huge tablet. :rofl:

16. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I use my D700 for airshows, fast moving sport and critical portrait work, I use my X100 for landscape and as a general walk around camera and I tend to use the GX1 for street and as a small easy carry option for trips that do not have a primary intention of photography.

I love all 3 for their different capabilities and also find they do compliment each other by offereing viable alternatives dependant on the end result needed and length of time to carry/use.

Very different from my early days of professional photography where the prime choices were 35mm SLR's with motordrives or medium format such as RB67's and Hasselblads - we are really spoilt for choice in this digital world but what a great position to be in!

17. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010

I use the following cameras often:
    GF1 (also with some adapted lenses from the list below)

Pentax MX
    Rectaflex 16000
    FED 5B

and from time to time:
    Argus C-3
    Bessa R
    Periflex 1 & 3a
    Yasuhara T981

and some Half Frame and Lomo type cameras...

18. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Fuji X-Pro 1.

19. With_Eyes_Unclouded

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    Just a clarification for those of you that just found this thread: please read the OP. We are voting for cameras we use in a regular basis and, in fact, "almost as much" up to "much more" than our :43: systems.

20. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    I've been shooting more film (B&W) and have a Bessa R and Olympus XA on the way.(The Bessa gets here tomorrow!!) But I keep getting and selling high end, small sensor cameras like the XZ-1, LX5, D-Lux 4, all of which I've owned at one time. I'm inclined to get another XZ-1, which I like as long as I don't shoot jpegs. In fact the D-Lux4 is the only small sensor camera whose jpegs I've really liked. Of the three mentioned, it's my favorite, but it's more limited, with the 24-60 EFL lens.