What off camera flash for under £50 2nd hand would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Wab, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Wab

Wab Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2015
    After receiving my E-M10 all I require to make my life 100% complete, is an off-camera flash. Ideally, something I can push into people's faces - Bruce Gilden style - to really annoy them.

But my knowledge of flash photography is similar to what a frog knows about bedsheets, so any pointers would be much appreciated.

Wab

2. Wab

Wab Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2015
    Purchased; thank you.

3. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    Personally I use two Yongnuo YN560-III speed lights with a Yongnuo YN560-TX wireless flash controller. These speed lights are quite powerful, have zoom settings as well as flash output strength settings each can be controlled independently from the flash controller and each can be used in various modes such as main or slave. There are several Youtube videos demonstrating the use of these flashes. The entire package including both flashes and the controller can be had for around $165-$180 or you can get each flash separately for around $65. Either way they are about the least expensive value packed speed lights available on the market today.

If you really want to learn about flash photography then spend some time going through his lighting 101 blog. Strobist or Google Damiel Lovegrove to see the Youtube videos demonstrating what he does with speedlights/off camera flash.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1