What neck strap do you use for the E-M1?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by memzinla, Dec 15, 2013.

1. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
  2. RKTodd

RKTodd Mu-43 Regular

Dec 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Droogie

Droogie Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 23, 2013
    Washington State
    Love the Domke strap. But also am big fan of the Peak designs system.
  4. Clint

Clint Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 22, 2013
    San Diego area, CA
  5. JudyM

JudyM Mu-43 All-Pro

May 5, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Another vote here for the Domke. I tried an Optech strap on my 5D Mark II, but it was too wide and bulky to be comfortable. I replaced it with the Domke strap and it made a world of difference. I have one on my E-M1, too.
  6. photo_owl

photo_owl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2013
    I use an E-P1 strap - good quality and dimensions for the E-M1 but I never used a neck strap with the E-P1!
  7. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
  8. gr8Shot

gr8Shot Mu-43 Regular

Nov 13, 2013
  9. photo_owl

photo_owl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2013
  10. briloop

briloop Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Mount Juliet, TN
    I use the Black Rapid Sport Strap. It shifts the weight onto my left shoulder. The EM-1 with the battery grip and flash attached can be a little heavy.
  11. Mr Moo

Mr Moo Rocket builder, collector of vintage air guitars

Sep 17, 2012
    SE Virginia
    I use the DSPTCH sling strap...a bit on the expensive side at around $40, but it's made in the U.S. (important to me) and the quality is top-notch. I've gotten several positive comments about it from fellow photowalkers. I use one on my FUJI X-E1 as well.

12. Ulysses

Ulysses Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2013
    Can anyone identify the make and model of the strap he's got on his E-M1 in this video? I like the look. Thanks in advance.

13. tripleteamed

tripleteamed Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 20, 2012
    Agree with the Peak Design Leash

I have the leash and cuff. Put the shorter cuff on my Olympus TG2. Leash on my EM1. Bought their bracket for the bottom, but they now sell a simple screw on adapter for about $10. A sling type system is the best way to go imo. Stable, but quick. My only grip is not being able to have the camera "stick" to my back when fully tightened. I know other slings let you do this because they use a thicker strap and neoprene. I didn't want that.

Here's my em5 with the strap (using RRL grip that I modified to work with the leash).

Cell phone picture in low light.
  14. monchan

monchan Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 7, 2012
    Tottori City, Japan
    That is the braided strap from BARTON 1972. or it might be the braided chrome.
    Very soft and comfortable by all accounts. I`d love one of those.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ron Evers

Ron Evers Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2013
    In the country, 60km north of Toronto ON CA
    Ron Evers
    I really like this one, wide to distribute weight & nice & soft.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. lombardispot

lombardispot Mu-43 Regular

Sep 19, 2013
    Medium upstrap with vectran loops is my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app
  17. Lindsay D

Lindsay D Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2013
    West Sussex, England
    Another vote for DSPTCH straps - beautifully made and so light and comfortable. I have them on my OMDs, and I have a leather Gariz strap which is better suited to my EPL5.
  18. Ver7igo

Ver7igo Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 7, 2012
    I bought a DSPTCH standard camera sling strap for my E-M5 + primes and love it. It's currently on an E-M1 + 12-40 + FL-600R setup, but I'm a little concerned that the strap (particularly the plastic clips) might fail with the increased weight of that combo. Should I be?
  19. Andre

Andre Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 29, 2013
    Southern California
    I use a Crumpler Industry Disgrace. It's comfortable, but it's kind of big and takes up a bunch of space in your bag. Folded up, it's around the same volume as the E-M1 body (no lens).