What MFT camera next?

pierluigir

Mu-43 Rookie
Satisfied, but needing better...

My Pentax K-x is close to as compact as G2, much better VF, significantly cheaper and IMHO besides weight and maybe video / lifeview not worse at anything.
- Oh, I personally am happy to trade in light weight for build quality
- But giving up OVF for compactness is for me one bridge too far

If I want better then I can upgrade to available camera's, with Mu43 you can't do that yet...
- Mu43 is designed for young Japanese people, especially the Pink versions are hot here
Weight is a big issue for me, not tradable anymore for quality (i have muscolar problems).

I also think that MFT cameras are not very different from past generation DSLR cameras in terms of quality and performance (like the Nikon D80 or similar Canons for example).

I've dome wonderful prints with my GF1, and thats what relly matter in the end, notpixel peeping or abstract considerations.

And Pentax is making colored bodies too... ;)

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
- But giving up OVF for compactness is for me one bridge too far
Actually, I find that there is no problem in giving up the OVF. In fact there are some real advantages to EVF - like seeing the image as it will actually appear with the effects of camera adjustments, and seeing the live histogram floating right over the picture, so that you can adjust exposure compensation and see exactly where that places the histogram.

Also, the EVF of the G1 is already very good, especailly when you use a fast lens like the 20mm 1.7. I especially like being able to see all my settings right there along with the picture at the push of a button. So, I don't miss the OVF at all. The EVF is much more useful.

pierluigir

Mu-43 Rookie
Panasonic GF2 will have no control dials, less buttons, no EVF and touch screen only controls. For me is a no go.

The only options on the table for my needs (better high ISO and EVF) are the G2 or the GH2...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom