What M43 weighs only 4.5 lbs with tripod+ Hd

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by cherrywood, Sep 28, 2011.

1. cherrywood

cherrywood Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2010
    Well, I purchased this Ball Head and the Bogen/Man. CF tripod ,190cxpro3.

The Manfrotto was recommended by another member, and its just great for Mu43. Light 2.8 lbs, and stiff. And great for Macro as it has the horizontal center column positioning. i am 5-6 and it works great for me, and because it folds to
    about 22" great for air travel, and that was one requirement I needed, thus chose this over the taller and heavier BM 055cxpro3, it was also about 1.3 lbs heavier.

The Head, China, but very nice, which is like the Benro #2 holds 17 lbs and was only$ 54.00 USD, Tripod, G1 and 20mm come in at about 4 lbs 7 oz. So no problems carrying into the Woods or my favorite flyfishing hole in Wyo.

For A super light taller tripod, just Superb, and highly recomended. See Photos.

Hope this helps other members, looking for a nice set up for mu43.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    So what was the total cost for the tripod and head?
  3. cherrywood

cherrywood Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2010
    190 BM/Head

BH, has a special that has been on for a couple months on the tripod, after rebate ,tripod was 249.00 USD And head was 54.00 USD, so 303.00 Total with free ship for both.
    PS; the special is only good to Sept 30th/2011. :smile:
  4. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    Thanks for the images. I use a similar set-up for my GH2 (although with Gitzo legs rather than Manfrotto) and I agree it's fantastic for travel/hiking!
    • Like Like x 1