1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What lens next?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by fastcar888, Apr 15, 2011.

1. fastcar888

fastcar888 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2011
    Florida
    What lens are you considering buying next? Why?:clapping:

2. aw614

aw614 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 19, 2011
    I just bought a 17mm 2.8mm that came a few days ago, along with a industar-61, so probably going to hold off for now.

3. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I still want to learn new ways how to take pictures...so macro lens, bigger flash and mini studio (white box with lights) are on the top of my list. But I'm still wondering, if I'll find some use for the flash as I don't have any use for the integrated one anyway.

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The yet-to-come-out bright 12-50.

In case anyone from Panasonic is reading - yes, I have money to spend and every month you delay is another month you don't get it.

If 12mm isn't wide enough, I will resume looking at either the 7-14 or 9-18, but until the bright zoom comes out, I will wait.

5. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    I'm very content with what I have now. But if I were to buy another lense in the future, it'll likely be the Panasonic 8mm as I think it'd take some really interesting shots.

6. m43dex

m43dex Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    Michigan
    That's easy... 45mm Panasonic/Leica 2.8... Are you enjoying yours?

7. I think my next lens decision needs to be, "Which one do I SELL next" :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Fisheye,

9. Tom Swaman

Tom Swaman Mu-43 Veteran

My next lens will probably be new eyeglass lenses ao I can read more and take better pictures.

What fun,
    Tom

• Like Like x 1
  10. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    LOL I'm headed that way :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pan Korop

Pan Korop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 31, 2011
    Phare Ouest
    Legacy. Native range so slow!

I remember Olympus bringing out the OM-1. It wasn't a camera with a couple-three lenses. It was a competitive System--from the start!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Great lens :2thumbs:

13. fastcar888

fastcar888 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2011
    Florida
    Big Yes to the 45mm Panny/Leica

Yes. Right now that along with the 20mm Panny are an awesome combo. The Panny/ Leica 45mm is the right distance for me for many of my photos. :drinks:

I am still deciding on the 7-14 Panny ultra wide zoom. I am traveling to Chicago next week to see my grandson, so I will have a better feel of whether the two lenses I own are sufficient for my needs.

Knowing myself, sooner or later I will breakdown and the 7-14 Panny as my next lens.

14. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    been going crazy with glass as well. last month after i got my e-pl2, i bought:

- panny 20 f/1.7 (one of my fav so far)
    - canon fd f/1.4 ssc
    - oly 40-150mm
    - contax g 45mm (still playing around with it)

I think i want a macro next.

15. mclarenf3

mclarenf3 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 23, 2010
    Canada
    Between all the lenses I have, the first one I usually grab for is the 7-14mm. Only time I take out the 20mm is when I need finer depth of field or low-light shooting. I think you'll be very happy with the 7-14mm if it fits your style of photography.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Well, I have targeted two: 14/2.5 and 45/2.8.

But, I want to see where Panasonic go with their body offerings. I am happy with my GF1, but dislike the direction taken with GF2. If Panasonic have given up on small bodies with manual controls then I will have given up on them. There is Olympus, but I did not like the EP2 and they would need to change some things for me to consider their bodies.

If I thought I would get the camera body I prefer, my ideal kit is the 14, 20, 45.

In the meantime, just enjoying what I have.

17. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    then you need to start shopping or take really good care of your GF1, because it appears touchscreen is the future in the smaller body cameras

I would recommend you at least try the touchscreen before cutting off your nose to spite your face. MANY of the original GF2 haters have changed their opinion about the lack of buttons actually using one.

18. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I don't hate it at all. I agree with most observers that it is aimed at transitional users, i.e those moving up from P&S. I think Panasonic made a good call and it clearly works well. Don't assume I have not tried it.

It just does not gel with my style of shooting the things that I shoot. It's clearly a good camera. No biting of faces or anything else. I just know what works for me and what does not.

I also don't mind touch-screen at all. What I dislike is the removal of some key manual controls. So I would agree touch-screen is here to stay, but it's the mix of controls that interest me.

I do indeed take care of my GF1, and don't feel the need to start shopping. It has plenty of life left. For me, it's about the photography.

19. Just started viewing the 14mm posts. Took a look at the last page. Bit of 14mm lens lust kicking in. Luckily no $$s left to spend on gear.

20. ronbot

ronbot Mu-43 Regular

Apr 27, 2010
    Something wide, like the Olympus 9-18mm. Tried one in a store and it was nice.

I just wish it was brighter and/or cheaper. Bro has the Tokina 11-16/2.8 on a Canon and its a sweet UWA for not much more money (in Vancouver).