What is the suggested upload method?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by LisaO, Mar 20, 2010.

1. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    I prepared some images to upload to the site. What is the best or suggested method? I could upload photos to flickr, PBase etc and link to them here or upload them here. Is there a way to do multiple files? What does everyone do?
    Thanks!

2. Jake

Jake Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2010
    N.W U.K
    I just uploaded mine using the link for the picture in my Flikr account. Im not shure if this is the most efficient way though as it might use up more bandwidth than if the files were linked from your user gallery on this site?

• Like Like x 2
  3. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Thanks I'll do that for now.:thumbup:

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Check out the Housekeeping Forum within the Members section - there are two stickies...one about embedding and the other regarding the gallery system. There are a couple of different methods, so take a look here: https://www.mu-43.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77:smile:

5. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    Once they are uploaded what is the best way to submit then to a specific non individual gallery i.e. camera model or genre categories? Is there any way to do this automatically?

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Unfortunately no Lisa...for this gallery system they have to be uploaded into each gallery.

I believe you can embed in the galleries, too..so you could use the flickr method, if you wanted to.

Sorry to be so quick but must get offline - dinner guests are arriving!:eek::biggrin:

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Unfortunately there is no way to embed in the galleries if hosted elsewhere, and it is necessary to upload separately to each gallery where you want the file. It is possible to upload a zip file containing multiple images to the gallery.

• Like Like x 2