What is the secret for making Olympus WiFi work?

Aegon

Mu-43 Veteran
All I want is to see thumbnails of all photos on the camera so that I can pick and choose which to import.

Here's my use case that never works:

I shoot RAW and every once in a while I get the urge to email a particular photo.
I enable WiFi on the camera body.
I connect with an iPhone running oiShare, a connection is established.
I select "import photo [from camera to phone]".
oiShare shows absolutely no photos available to import.

So then I fiddle with things for 10 minutes and every now and then I get see new photos, but not all photos.

Is there some trick that makes this work? Does this program work for anybody? Does anyone else feel my pain?

MrDoug

Mu-43 Top Veteran
All I want is to see thumbnails of all photos on the camera so that I can pick and choose which to import.

Here's my use case that never works:

I shoot RAW and every once in a while I get the urge to email a particular photo.
I enable WiFi on the camera body.
I connect with an iPhone running oiShare, a connection is established.
I select "import photo [from camera to phone]".
oiShare shows absolutely no photos available to import.

So then I fiddle with things for 10 minutes and every now and then I get see new photos, but not all photos.

Is there some trick that makes this work? Does this program work for anybody? Does anyone else feel my pain?
Get a graduate degree in Computer Science from Harvard.. :biggrin:

fortwodriver

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Frank
I leave my camera set to record RAW plus the highest JPEG quality in case someone wants a copy of whatever picture I took. It comes in handy at parties and usually someone has a smartphone that can connect. So I just let them connect in as a guest user and download their image through a browser.

As others have said, if you're not recording JPEG files in some way, there wont be anything to download/transfer as the service doesn't permit transfer of RAW files.

jonlong

Mu-43 Regular
What's been said is correct, the pictures must be in JPEG. However, you do not need to shoot JPEG + raw all the time. The EM1 can create a JPEG from a raw internally, so if you just want to choose several pictures on the camera, you can manually create a JPEG of each and then use the app to import those Jpegs.

hemuni

Mu-43 Regular
This post was reported as suspicious. I checked it out, and it is legit.
Yes that looks really interesting and seems to ad a lot of functionality to remote controlling the camera. Did you try it out? Does it work?

gschnasl

New to Mu-43
Yes that looks really interesting and seems to ad a lot of functionality to remote controlling the camera. Did you try it out? Does it work?
My home PC has no WLAN, but I will check this program in the next days with my business notebook.

I'v found the program Camera Control in a german Olympus forum. Members from this forum says this program is working.

gschnasl

New to Mu-43
Today I've checked this program with my OM-D M-10. It's working fine. I can shoot fotos and in the background the files were transferred to the laptop (5 Mbit/sec).

Before starting the program the WIFI connection must be established with the camera.
To connect the program with camera I need the option "Use camera IP for communication".

Top Bottom