1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What is the Mu-43 of the 4/3 community?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by stripedrex, May 7, 2014.

1. stripedrex

stripedrex Do or do not. There is no try.

Jun 8, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Alex
    I'm asking mostly to post my 4/3 lens for sale. Anyone know the go to most popular 4/3 community forum? I went to a few but they seem pretty inactive. It might just be the community of 4/3 users are that small?

2. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I sold most of my 4/3 lenses here...but not really for the price I wanted to sell them at...just a heads up.

This was the other one I used, but you have to pay a fee to post in the classifieds.
    http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/

Good luck with your sale(s)

• Like Like x 1
  3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    4/3 photo used to be pretty good for selling stuff, but over the last year, the place has basically become a ghost town. That's pretty true of all 4/3-centric sites though - dead system = dead forums.

Much as I dislike them, I wound up going to eBay to unload my 4/3 gear, but as buy-it-now items rather than auctions. It's a slower process than selling via an eBay auction, but it lets you have some certainty about the final price.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    • Like Like x 1
  5. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    You won't find any solid 4/3 communities anymore. There's still the Flickr group, but the buy/sell thread is long gone. If I had the money, I'd be all over your 14-35. It would be the perfect match with my E-3.

If I was selling 4/3 kit, I'd try FredMiranda first, then the DPreview buy/sell forum. You can also try the SmugMug forums.

Most 4/3 users I know (there are very few of us now) tend to scour ALL of the big sites to score the rare occasion of a 4/3 lens on sale. It's purely a buyer's market.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stripedrex

Jun 8, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Alex
    Thank you so much guys, going to check out all these suggestions. Just FYI I've sold 2 things now on amazon. For those looking for another avenue it seems a very good alternative to ebay with less fees and you can pull listings at will with no penalty. Going to check out KEH, post on DP and picture sites. I have a listing on FM already. It seems there is interest in the lens but the price point is just high.

Much thanks again!

7. DoofClenas

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I recently did sell my E-5 and 8mm back to Amazon, for store credit...I actually got more for my 8mm than I paid for it :) I also sold my 7-14 to a gentleman in Switzerland, so just be open to international shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JND

JND Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    If I were you, I'd keep them and used them with mu-43 cameras with MMF-3.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

That USED to be THE 4/3s site. Seems pretty moribund any more.

10. stripedrex

Jun 8, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Alex
    Sending to KEH tomorrow, got a 1097 quote online hoping it gets appraised for that much. Thanks for the suggestion.

11. DoofClenas

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I go there about once every 2 weeks...used to be several times a day.

12. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Mike
    I take my unused gear to a local camera. For trade in they seem to match or beat KEH. In fact KEH is a one of the sites they use to set the value of used gear.

13. stripedrex

Jun 8, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Alex
    For those hearing about KEH for the first time like me, I got the FULL price on the quote from them! I guess my copy of the o14-35 f2 was as mint as I claimed =p. They paid shipping and came back with a price a bit over a week.

So used mint o14-35 f2 for $1097. I've had it sitting for MONTHS at 1150 - 1300 with no results on various forums.