What is the best Sigma Lens out of the 3?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by colbycheese, Mar 20, 2014.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    So I am planning on buying another lens but money is tight so I am going for a cheap option. As you can see in my signature, the only native lenses I have is the PL 25 and the Olympus kit lens. I am planning on buying one of the Sigma lenses. Which one do you think has the best photo quality? I also kinda want to get a telephoto lens for my system but i am wondering if i will get better quality out of a telephoto lens instead of the 60mm. What do you suggest I buy? My limit is 350.
  2. broody

broody Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 8, 2013
    The 60mm is the best, no doubt, and should make a nice companion for your current kit. It's been found by professional testers to be one of the sharpest lenses ever made.
  3. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    ok thanks.
  4. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
  5. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    The 60 is confirmed by many to the best, but the 30 is also very, very good. Rivals the Panasonic 20 in sharpness (I've owned them both).

If I were you though, I'd take a hard look at the 45/1.8. That'd still be under your $350, but you'd be getting 1.8.

BTW, I bought my 30mm for $125 new. And it's totally sharp wide open
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    Wow, I knew it was good, but I had no idea it was one of the "sharpest lenses ever made"! Do you have a link to these professional testers?
  7. armoredpig

armoredpig Mu-43 Regular

Mar 28, 2013
    I sure like the 19mm as a walk around lens! Super duper sharp and fast focusing on my gh3. I just love how it renders and the focusing ring is well made. I guess this doesn't really help you make up your mind though! Get all 3?
  8. broody

broody Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 8, 2013
    Gladly. Here you have a comparison with the Zeiss 55mm for Sony mount, which has been called the sharpest AF lens ever measured by DXO... The little Sigma does just fine against it!

9. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I agree that the 60 is the best of the Sigma troika, but Colby, why would consider the 19 or 30 if you already have the 25/1.4?

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    I have one of the new 30s. Its a great lens and i like the FL over the 20 & 25. I hardly use my 20mm because of how well it works. Sounds like you need the 60 though.
  11. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran