What is the Best m4/3 Camera + Lens/Combo? so far?

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
After some time with :43: Cameras and Lenses.. what is the best combo for a :43: Camera and what lens combo?.. which combo takes the Cake? Bottom line here.. if you had to pick one :43: camera and one :43: lens before sunrise tomorrow.. what would it be? :smile:
The GH2 and Olympus 12-60 (4/3 version).

In spite of the crappy AF, the IQ is up there with the best m4/3 primes and the range cannot be beat.

DH

Lawrence A.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Larry
I don't know, but I hope it's the E-M5; it sounds like it will be. But it really depends on what you do. If you use wide angle a lot the Olympus 12mm f2.0 might be your ideal lens; if you tend to a tighter POV the Olympus 45mm, which I use constantly, is certainly a winner. Don't know, though, that there is a "best" camera/lens combo except the one that inspires you to go out and take great pictures. Until my OM-D arrives, that's still an "old" E-P2 with the Panasonic 20mm or the Olympus 45mm, but I'd love to get the PL 25mm 1.4. A lot is a matter of taste. I'm not crazy about the panasonic bodies, though they are certainly great cameras. A camera with higher specs isn't the "best" if it's equipment you hate to use.

bedojo

Mu-43 Regular
I want a pl45/1.2 :p
mines is gf2 + 12mm f2.0.
It's my only one until the 45mm 1.8 gets here on wednesday.
and the em5 gets released :p

GH2 (swivel screen, rockin' video) and my constant 2.8 Sigma 18-5mm zoom for 4/3. Yeah, the AF is slow, but until the Panasonic constant f2.8 zooms come out, it's the only game in town.

nickthetasmaniac

Mu-43 All-Pro
GH2 and Nokton 25mm

GH2 because it's sensor performance is close enough to best in MFT but it has the variable aspect-ratios that the EM5 doesn't.

Nokton because, well, it's the Nokton... Stupid question.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom